PDA

View Full Version : new to kamloops!

bchunter181
05-18-2016, 09:44 PM
hey guys i recently moved to kamloops have started searching around for new hunting spots and lakes any body know some good starting points for roads i just brought my quad here so hopefully get to put on some miles and try some areas out but any starting points would be greatly appreciated.also anyone here looking for a hunting partner?

walks with deer
05-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Well welcome to kamloops

great cougar hunting at the blue grotto...always tag out. Some are mangy just don't tell anyone you mounted them.

Good fishing in lac le Jeune. ..and all speceics open also live there for game.

No no hunting in city limits so figure that out bow included.

Take a drive up dead man vidette for awesome scenery and you'll see a lot of deer this time of year..
and bears..

Other than that ask jelvis...

russm86
05-19-2016, 07:46 AM
Welcome to Kamloops, PM sent.

Edzzed
05-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Logan lake has quad trails all over the place. Good fishing at lakes around Tunkwa. Tunkwa has good fishing too but there are lakes near there that are more out of the way and not as heavy on the fishing pressure.

tuner
05-19-2016, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=walks with deer;1781045]Well welcome to kamloops

great cougar hunting at the blue grotto...always tag out. Some are mangy just don't tell anyone you mounted them.

Good fishing in lac le Jeune. ..and all speceics open also live there for game.

No no hunting in city limits so figure that out bow included.

Take a drive up dead man vidette for awesome scenery and you'll see a lot of deer this time of year..
and bears..

Other than that ask jelvis...[/QUOTE
You should change you HBC handle to "walks mounted on top of mangy Cougars":mrgreen:

twanger
05-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the "Loops", Which part of town did you buy/rent in?

walks with deer
05-19-2016, 06:19 PM
Mangy cougars I am married but I may change the name...

swampthing
05-19-2016, 06:25 PM
I grew up in loops with twanger. The outdoor opportunities there are awesome. I am in pg now and really miss loops country. Any direction out of town has good hunt opportunity. Spot n stalk mulies in the open country is my favorite. I still spend a week there every year huntin deer and yotes. Great town...except the heat in the summer. Get a/c.

bchunter181
05-19-2016, 10:16 PM
That's guys yah first thing I did was buy an a/c that's the only thing I don't like so far so fing hit.will do guys thanks for the help gonna take my quad up a few places and set up trail cams and see