PDA

View Full Version : Region 5 youth LEH for caribou

Kane
05-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Anyone know of the region 5 LEH caribou for youth? I am not familiar with the williams lake area. I have not even heard of a large caribou herd in this region. Is this a viable option for my son to hunt? I would love to hear from hunters with expertise in this region.
Thanks Kane and Cole

srupp
05-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Hmm largest group of caribou would be west of Anihim lake..Itches..not sure of youth hunts ? But still some great bulls..always enjoyed flying over that area on medivacs...deer..then caribou..then up through the canyon and thenbig moose..
Good luck to you and your son. .
Cheers
Steven

BiG Boar
05-18-2016, 08:45 PM
There is no youth LEH caribou in reg 5. There is no LEH caribou in reg 5. There is no youth Caribou LEH in the province. The caribou that are open in 5-12 are a long ways from any roads.

warnniklz
05-18-2016, 09:35 PM
I very vividly having an argument with my grade 4 teacher. She was adamant there was no cariboo in the cariboo region. First time I ever got sent to the office. But that was 20 years ago now.

That's all I can really add. Oh and pack rats will look after your truck while you're back there.

Twogunns
05-18-2016, 09:42 PM
I very vividly having an argument with my grade 4 teacher. She was adamant there was no cariboo in the cariboo region. First time I ever got sent to the office. But that was 20 years ago now.

That's all I can really add. Oh and pack rats will look after your truck while you're back there.
the caribou age restricted hunt is for antlerless mule deer in the caribou region.

BCBear
05-18-2016, 10:26 PM
Caribou=animal
Cariboo=region

Brno22F
05-19-2016, 01:54 PM
There is no youth LEH caribou in reg 5. There is no LEH caribou in reg 5. There is no youth Caribou LEH in the province. The caribou that are open in 5-12 are a long ways from any roads.

Big Boar nailed it.

warnniklz
05-19-2016, 02:13 PM
the caribou age restricted hunt is for antlerless mule deer in the caribou region.

I know... doesn't make caribou not exist in the cariboo region

TPK
05-19-2016, 02:27 PM
As far as I can recall .. there are only two caribou herds here , one in the Itcha-Ilgachuz mountains and one out in the Wells area. I think the Itcha-Ilgachuz herd is the only one hunted, and it's mostly done via guides and on horseback.