PDA

View Full Version : Trekking pole modification idea

AgSilver
05-17-2016, 12:24 AM
So I'm not the handiest guy, but I think I'll figure out how to make this work. My idea for longer walking/backpack hunts:

1. Take one trekking pole and adapt the top of the handle into a camera (i.e. tripod) mount...good for glassing, I would think.

2. Take the other trekking pole and figure out some way to incorporate a flip up wedge as a shooting stick.

Dumb? Or decent idea?

Andrewh
05-17-2016, 08:21 AM
You can make a shooting wedge by crossing the poles but looping the wrist straps...

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
05-17-2016, 08:28 PM
PRIMOS has been making this item for a number of years now.

AgSilver
05-17-2016, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I'd seen the wedge style walking stick thing (but not the actual "trekking pole" style like the Primos)...there goes my money making idea.

I like the idea of one with the tripod mount and the other with the wedge...but maybe just because it's my idea, hah!

ajr5406
05-29-2016, 01:41 PM
So I'm not the handiest guy, but I think I'll figure out how to make this work. My idea for longer walking/backpack hunts:

1. Take one trekking pole and adapt the top of the handle into a camera (i.e. tripod) mount...good for glassing, I would think.

2. Take the other trekking pole and figure out some way to incorporate a flip up wedge as a shooting stick.

Dumb? Or decent idea?

Funny - I've been thinking about doing point 2 for a while as well. Makes sense to me!