PDA

View Full Version : Nahatlatch Park

samwyse
05-15-2016, 09:45 PM
This is a question for the experienced firearm owner and hunters.

I will be up in Nahatlatch park area next weekend. I was considering bringing my shotgun to introduce some family members to proper firearm handling etc. I myself am new to owning a firearm.
I have been up this area before and noticed some shells in an area before Grizzly falls. Is this a kosher place to fire shells or should I put the idea to bed? I am intent on personal cleanup.

Please go go easy on me, as I said, I am new to this, and don't want to be that guy up in the bush who is a complete asshole. That's why I'm asking.

Steeleco
05-16-2016, 05:49 AM
I don't see why you can't go have a blast, just be sure your not in a no shooting area. Some parks are closed to the discharge of firearms, (doubt this one is but?) If there are others up there I trust you won't have to go far to be alone.

Be safe, have fun

samwyse
05-16-2016, 08:40 PM
I don't see why you can't go have a blast, just be sure your not in a no shooting area. Some parks are closed to the discharge of firearms, (doubt this one is but?) If there are others up there I trust you won't have to go far to be alone.

Be safe, have fun

I guess then to extend my query, is there a resource where I can look up if it's a no-shooting zone?

Steeleco
05-16-2016, 09:18 PM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/nahatlatch/

TyTy
05-17-2016, 06:28 PM
Please don't go shooting or hunting around grizzly falls. We have a forestry crew working that immediate area currently. Usually Monday to Friday, but we are there some weekends. See the signs I posted at the 40km sign. Thx

TyTy
05-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Go to the old camp @ 45km, safe to shoot there

newfie bullet
05-17-2016, 07:11 PM
So the road is indeed repaired?

samwyse
05-17-2016, 10:42 PM
Please don't go shooting or hunting around grizzly falls. We have a forestry crew working that immediate area currently. Usually Monday to Friday, but we are there some weekends. See the signs I posted at the 40km sign. Thx

I was actually thinking Km 45. I will take a good look around prior anyways. I've been a tree-planter and know the hazards of idiots. Thank you for the heads up. Was planning to drive up to Grizzly Falls just for the view. Is the road open?