PDA

View Full Version : Gunner Labrador Retrievers in Clinton

BCMarc
05-13-2016, 11:17 PM
Anyone familiar with, or have a dog from, Gunner Labrador Retrievers in Clinton?

Foxton Gundogs
05-19-2016, 10:29 AM
They are a mix of "English" and "American" stock, they do not hunt their dogs. Apparently they OFA hips and elbows and eye CERF. They do not however test for CNM or EIC and what I find even more disturbing they try to justify NOT doing it. I would not think about purchasing a puppy there were it I.

FirePower
05-23-2016, 08:29 PM
Centronuclear Myopathy and Exercise-Induced Collapse, are two potentially devastating hereditary, genetic conditions that any responsible breeder should be testing their dogs for before mating them.

kinderdoggin
05-26-2016, 11:04 PM
I would double check that even OFA's are even being done. www.ofa.org You should be able to type the dog's registered name into the box at the left and see their health testing results. This is a good tip for any buyer- it's also perfectly okay to ask for copies of test results (breeders LOVE when buyers ask this because it shows you are doing your homework- and if they don't love the question, that's a flag). Sorry no personal experience, just general tips- at the very least, no one wants a puppy with a preventable hereditary disorder.