PDA

View Full Version : Questions about shared and group hunts

Mission7x7mulie
05-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone,
There appear to be some confusion about applying for shared and group hunts. Here is the link to the government site that explains the new process: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/limited-entry-hunting/group-shared-hunts

One person creates the group and pays for their application, then a group ID is generated by the system. A hunter must share this group ID with his hunting partners so that they can sign into their profile and select join shared/group hunt. They will then enter in the group ID and click retrieve, linking them to the group or shared hunt.

emerson
05-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Hi everyone,
There appear to be some confusion about applying for shared and group hunts. Here is the link to the government site that explains the new process: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/limited-entry-hunting/group-shared-hunts

One person creates the group and pays for their application, then a group ID is generated by the system. A hunter must share this group ID with his hunting partners so that they can sign into their profile and select join shared/group hunt. They will then enter in the group ID and click retrieve, linking them to the group or shared hunt.
I only paid for my entry, but because I said Shared Hunt an id was generated that I emailed to the others do they could join. If they don't I get drawn as an individual.

markomoose
05-11-2016, 09:04 PM
I'm soo frustrated with the new system I THREW IN THE TOWEL! Gotta go down to Service B.C. and let them sort this shit out!

emerson
05-11-2016, 09:40 PM
I'm soo frustrated with the new system I THREW IN THE TOWEL! Gotta go down to Service B.C. and let them sort this shit out!
Damn, it went well for me, although it was only me and 1 shared hunt.

Frango
05-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Wow ,I think the new system works really well .I did my own draw's and a shared draw in like 8 minutes .My shared partners have got the code and completed there end. Because my hunting partners live in a different place it has simplified the whole process. I have been waiting for this for a couple of years. It works, move on and be happy. I would say that 95 % of the people who have a problem have done something wrong on their own. It is nice to be caught up technologically with the rest of the world.

Wentrot
05-12-2016, 05:28 AM
I wonder what percentage of people finding the online system difficult are 50+ years old.

SR80
05-12-2016, 06:15 AM
new system is slick and fast. No complaints from me (age 35)

Frango
05-12-2016, 07:58 AM
I wonder what percentage of people finding the online system difficult are 50+ years old.
This may come as a surprise to you but oddly enough the day one turns 50 you don't become a drooling idiot. I am 66 and unless my depends are wet or its one of those days I can't remember my name I function reasonably well. . Good luck with the new system all you old farts. Apparently that is everyone over 50.

Twogunns
05-12-2016, 08:09 AM
[QUOTE=Frango;1779320]This may come as a surprise to you but oddly enough the day one turns 50 you don't become a drooling idiot. I am 66 and unless my depends are wet or its one of those days I can't remember my name I function reasonably well. . Good luck with the new system all you old farts. Apparently that is everyone over 50.[/QUOT Who did you get to type this for you? Haha!! The only problem I have with the new system is that it doesn't update the shared hunt group to show that your partners have successfully been added to the group.

emerson
05-12-2016, 08:27 AM
This may come as a surprise to you but oddly enough the day one turns 50 you don't become a drooling idiot. I am 66 and unless my depends are wet or its one of those days I can't remember my name I function reasonably well. . Good luck with the new system all you old farts. Apparently that is everyone over 50.
Dad??? Just kidding, gave me a good laugh though. I'm not a computer savvy guy but the online draws were easy and much simpler than trying to not mess up the paper ones.

markomoose
05-13-2016, 09:45 PM
Yes I'm over 50 and this computer thingy is not my thing and yes I'm a drooling idiot but only after a bunch of drinks.I ended up getting stuck doing my stuff as well as my son and daughters.I managed to get my daughters LEH done but struggled to get my son and mine as my daughters stuff kept popping back up??We phoned for help but it wasn't much for help?

Edzzed
05-14-2016, 09:46 AM
I only paid for my entry, but because I said Shared Hunt an id was generated that I emailed to the others do they could join. If they don't I get drawn as an individual.That's a great link, I was wondering about why I couldn't select individual hunt.

This may come as a surprise to you but oddly enough the day one turns 50 you don't become a drooling idiot. I am 66 and unless my depends are wet or its one of those days I can't remember my name I function reasonably well. . Good luck with the new system all you old farts. Apparently that is everyone over 50. Actually that can happen, I am 54 and getting somewhat forgetful. About a year ago I had a blood test done and my vitamin B12 level was 240. Normal levels are 150 to 690 so the doctor suggested B12 pills. Bought some with 190 tablets. My mother had to have B12 shots every month ever since I was a kid. Fast forward a year and a blood test showed my B12 at 159 The pills do not work for me. I now have to get a weekly injection (4 weeks) and hopefully monthly after that. Google effects of low vitamin B12 and you will see it affects memory, energy, attitude, mental fogginess, vision and a host of other things. They also say about 20-30% of people over 50 have this deficiency. More so if a vegetarian as plants do not produce B12

Mishka
05-14-2016, 10:04 AM
How can I enter someone else on a shared hunt and pay for it myself? - Let's say the other person has no interest in going online and I always pay for the entry. They did get their FWID.

emerson
05-14-2016, 10:30 AM
How can I enter someone else on a shared hunt and pay for it myself? - Let's say the other person has no interest in going online and I always pay for the entry. They did get their FWID.
Sign in with their info probably.

Frango
05-14-2016, 06:07 PM
From what I understand you can't. One of our shared group was having an issue I was told by a LEH person in Victoria that they need to get the info entered by themselves. He eventually did. The problem was too many people on at the same time and he was using a Mack. He was told to use a PC and it worked.

wideopenthrottle
05-16-2016, 06:33 AM
Yes I'm over 50 and this computer thingy is not my thing and yes I'm a drooling idiot but only after a bunch of drinks.I ended up getting stuck doing my stuff as well as my son and daughters.I managed to get my daughters LEH done but struggled to get my son and mine as my daughters stuff kept popping back up??We phoned for help but it wasn't much for help?

I did multiple leh applications and got fwid etc on my computer this weekend (with my 2 hunting partners)...I too had a problem that way unless I made sure I was logged out of all the pages/windows for the previous person..

Citori54
05-17-2016, 10:17 AM

If you have your group members log in and password you can enter them into the draw and pay for it. I did it for our group last night as some of them are not computer literate. You go in first, apply for the group/shared draw and pay. A hunt code for the shared/group hunt will be assigned that the rest of the group will have to enter. That was the only glitch.....my group hunt code had what i thought was 6 numbers, but it was five numbers plus the letter I which looked like the number 1 and it wouldn't work. Once I entered the code correctly it was a breeze.

Dougielightning
05-17-2016, 10:26 AM
What wide open throttle said markomoose make sure you log off your daughter at gov site before signing in your son hope this helps. ��

markomoose
05-19-2016, 04:53 PM
Ok .I'll give it another try and see what happens? THANKS

tigrr
05-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Markamoose you have to clear your browser too.
The only issue I had was getting the 3 extra digit's on my hunter number. Service BC has them. Next year I can do it all from home.

northof49
05-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Got new ID and submitted LEH codes with no troubles including a group and shared hunt. Glad it is finally online. Still liked having the paper copy to make my hunt selections prior to logging into the LEH system. Good luck to everyone....will be that much easier next year. Hopefully they will be able to get the results out sooner now too.

Moose63
05-19-2016, 08:58 PM
Online is waaaay better... It took awhile for the gov. to catch up.

I'm hoping results can be spit out sooner...

dhog
05-19-2016, 10:49 PM
I found it easy to apply online and yes Im over 50 But I still cant figure out how to tell if anyone else has put in for their hunts? is there anyway to found this out

Squamch
05-20-2016, 06:56 AM
I found it easy to apply online and yes Im over 50 But I still cant figure out how to tell if anyone else has put in for their hunts? is there anyway to found this out

Ask them.
Get them to confirm on their receipts that they joined the same shared hunt.

srthomas75
05-20-2016, 07:06 AM

I was thinking this too. It would be nice if you could see the others of your group listed in your shared hunt entry.

wideopenthrottle
05-20-2016, 07:08 AM

get their credentials, log on as them, get them in your group or shared hunt, tell them they owe you a beer...heheheh

Arctic Lake
05-20-2016, 07:18 AM
Hi Fellas

When you apply and pay for a shared hunt you will be assigned a Group I.D. hunt number/code there is a box that you can click that invites other hunters into your hunt. Or you can tell the other hunters in your party to apply using the same group hunt/code you were issued. There will be a box for them to click that mentions Retrieve. They apply and pay and then when you check your LEH history you will now see that another person has joined the hunt.
At least that's how it worked for me. Hope this helps !
Arctic Lake

Wagonmaster
05-20-2016, 08:26 AM

Went smoothly for me (age 67). Probably not as fast as for Wentrot though, he being younger and smarter.

wideopenthrottle
05-20-2016, 08:59 AM
ok for me too but I just turned 50 so the half of my brain that turns to dust is still not quite gone yet

markomoose
05-20-2016, 09:44 PM
OK I finally got this LEH figured out!I went to Service BC and got them to do it after taking a number and waiting 45 minutes.Now I need that Island Elk/Mule deer/and Moose draw to shine down on my over 50 drooling idiot face!! Cheers Mark

Fosey
05-23-2016, 12:53 PM
I am well over 50, no problems except I want to change my individual hunt to shared hunt but can't figure it out. Does anybody know how? The system is pretty cool but you have to keep track of everything.

Frango
05-23-2016, 10:25 PM
I am well over 50, no problems except I want to change my individual hunt to shared hunt but can't figure it out. Does anybody know how? The system is pretty cool but you have to keep track of everything.
If you have already put in for an individual hunt then you are done for that species. If not then just click on group and follow the directions .Think before you click is always a good option.Good luck.

mike_b
05-23-2016, 10:39 PM
I had a hell of a time trying to figure it out, and I'm 32.

I made an account for myself, put in for the LEH drawings I wanted, and paid. All fine and dandy. But then I also made an account for my dad, and when I tried getting into his account, it would only ever bring me into my account instead. After about 30 minutes of cussing and trying different computer in the house, I realized that the account I made for myself actually had all of my dad's information, and the account I made for him, had all of my information.......which at first I thought that I had buggered something, but then I realized I couldn't have because I already bought my LEH draws before I even made an account for him.....

Long and the short of it is, I don't like the online way at all!!