PDA

View Full Version : LEH question

Edzzed
05-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Having never gone hunting before, I have never put in for LEH. Question is, On the Govt. web site there is an opportunity to put in for a shared hunt for mulies in 3-19 What if I wanted to go out by myself and spotted a deer. It is for antlerless. Does that mean it is to be a male with no antlers or a female. I do plan to go out in OCT with a few friends but I plan to be up that way sooner and will be waiting for friends to show up. I don't want to make any errors on that so am asking for clarification. I know there is a sticky for asking LEH questions but at 68 pages I really don't want to read every post only to find no one answered the questions. Thanks in advance Edzzed

Mission7x7mulie
05-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Take your CORE training

ROY-alty33
05-11-2016, 06:17 PM
A few things...it would be a group not shared hunt for Mulies. Antlerless means just that without antlers regardless of sex. Unless things changed in the last few days since I checked last, antlerless draws in 3 are mostly Nov1-30, so no you couldn't shoot one in Oct anyway.
I would like to see the link for the shared opportunity in 3-19...8-1 odds but a lot of authorizations, shared would drive your odds up!

Edzzed
05-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Take your CORE trainingI did that 3 years ago. The book is up at our other house so I cannot reference it.

A few things...it would be a group not shared hunt for Mulies. Antlerless means just that without antlers regardless of sex. Unless things changed in the last few days since I checked last, antlerless draws in 3 are mostly Nov1-30, so no you couldn't shoot one in Oct anyway.
I would like to see the link for the shared opportunity in 3-19...8-1 odds but a lot of authorizations, shared would drive your odds up! I just checked, You are correct it is Nov 1st. Guess I will wait till the friends show up as I don't get holidays in Nov. Can I ask what you mean by lots of authorizations. I will be in Logan lake the first week of Oct then over in Clearwater which is where the buddies want to go.

Fisher-Dude
05-11-2016, 07:00 PM
The BC Hunting Regulations are my go to source for answers to regulations questions.

antlerless animal - means a member of
the deer family bearing no visible antlers. The
small skin or hair covered protuberances of
male fawns and calves do not constitute antlers.