PDA

View Full Version : Just a question from all members

dragonslayer
05-10-2016, 06:01 PM
If I decided to put in go on a shared moose hunt LEH for ( example 7-12 can I still put in for LEH for 4-11 as a shared hunt as my second choice with all partners ?

RiverOtter
05-10-2016, 06:52 PM
If I understand your question right yes, you can put in with your same group as a second choice.

However, second choices only come into play when all the first choice draws are filled and there are still left over draws. The there would have to be at least two draws left when 1 of your group was drawn or by default you would ineligible.

moosecaller
05-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Yes you can.

HarryToolips
05-11-2016, 06:41 AM
If I understand your question right yes, you can put in with your same group as a second choice.

However, second choices only come into play when all the first choice draws are filled and there are still left over draws. The there would have to be at least two draws left when 1 of your group was drawn or by default you would ineligible.
What he said...

russm86
05-11-2016, 07:42 AM

To put more simply, the only way you can be drawn for second choice, is if the odds for that specific draw are less than 1:1. In other words, there are more authorizations available than applicants so there are still authorizations left over after all the first choice applicants have been given draws, thus they go to second choice applicants. This is pretty well pointless unless you want to put in somewhere that nobody else puts in but there is usually a reason nobody puts in for these areas, access/FNs/time of year etc.

monasheemountainman
05-11-2016, 07:50 AM
bingo^^^^^

Twogunns
05-11-2016, 08:45 AM

Wrong. In a GROUP hunt you would be ineligible if there was only 1 authorization left, but in a SHARED hunt, a group of 3 or 4 would be granted 1 moose if there was only 1 left.

dragonslayer
05-11-2016, 08:53 AM
That clears it up thanks everyone.

RiverOtter
05-11-2016, 08:58 AM
You read that in the LEH regs?

In shared hunts 2 hunters get one tag and groups of 3 or 4 hunters get 2. Never heard of a group of 3 or 4 hunters sharing 1 tag.

Twogunns
05-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Yes. Page 3 under 'shared hunts.' Check it out.

RiverOtter
05-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Thanks.....

BiG Boar
05-13-2016, 01:08 PM
yes you can. But unless its less than 1:1 you will never get a second choice draw. Unless no one applies there this year.