PDA

View Full Version : Online LEH Applications

Mission7x7mulie
05-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone,
I’ve noticed on the forum recently that there has been some confusion about getting a BCeID for the online hunting system. I have successfully applied for LEH and wanted to remind everyone to get a basic BCeID. This process takes about 1 minute and then you will be able to enter the hunting homepage. I was able access my profile using my hunter number, last name, and date of birth. Do not create a new profile if you have a hunter number. Tell your friends to get their applications in ASAP to avoid the last week rush!

Darksith
05-05-2016, 02:31 PM
once you get the BCEID, if you don't already have a FWID it takes around 3 days for that to get issued...so don't think you can leave it until the last second and still make it happen

Mission7x7mulie
05-05-2016, 02:39 PM
If you register with your Hunter Number you can apply right away. Its only new hunters that have to wait 3 days to get their credentials approved. I know this because my cousin is a new hunter, without a hunter number, and he had to upload his core document.

xtrail
05-05-2016, 02:51 PM
If you register with your Hunter Number you can apply right away. Its only new hunters that have to wait 3 days to get their credentials approved. I know this because my cousin is a new hunter, without a hunter number, and he had to upload his core document.
Exactly. If you have a hunter number, use that and you won't have to wait 3 days. You can put your draws in right away.

Darksith
05-05-2016, 04:35 PM
you can go into a government agent and get your FWID same day as well, but if you just want to do it all online, it takes a few days

xtrail
05-05-2016, 04:51 PM
you can go into a government agent and get your FWID same day as well, but if you just want to do it all online, it takes a few days
You can do it online and you can put your draws in right away if you have your hunter number. If you don't have your hunter number then it takes 3 days.

stovepipes
05-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Went online, used my existing hunter # and my wifes hunter # & got the basic BCeID, the FWID ( c/w certificates printed off) for the both of us & entered in the codes for 6 LEH's in about 10 minutes.

kilometers
05-05-2016, 09:17 PM
So after I submitted mine and my wife's leh. I went back on and their is no recent transactions but if you apply again it says you can't apply twice for same species. I assume their is maybe a delay ? Anybody have this happen. Maybe it takes the 3 days ? Just want to be sure it went thru.

ROY-alty33
05-05-2016, 11:01 PM

Darksith is correct, just got my son all FWID and licenced up. Wasted about an hour at Front Counter BC, before the dude behind the counter realized he had no idea what he was doing. By that time it was 415 quick trip to service bc Credentials verified FWID issued out the door in under 5 minutes.
Long story long....no need to wait three days service BC can verify credentials and print out the FWID almost instantly. Thought Front Counter would be the way to go as they are MoE but nope.

Drillbit
05-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Couldn't figure it out.

Just going to go to the local BC access center and get some cards again. Wasted enough time already.

hunter1947
05-06-2016, 04:19 AM
Where is the link to tell about how you do all ???

Boner
05-06-2016, 08:13 AM

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/fish-wildlife-id

Whonnock Boy
05-06-2016, 08:28 AM
I'm sure you could navigate to where you need to go but....

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/fish-wildlife-id

Start here Wayne. https://www.bceid.ca/register/basic/account_details.aspx?type=regular&serviceId=4483&eServiceType=basic

Once you complete the registration, go to "Proceed to online service Subscription". Input your hunter number, pertinent information, and you're done.

Agent Orange
05-06-2016, 09:12 AM
So after I submitted mine and my wife's leh. I went back on and their is no recent transactions but if you apply again it says you can't apply twice for same species. I assume their is maybe a delay ? Anybody have this happen. Maybe it takes the 3 days ? Just want to be sure it went thru.

I had this issue and I called the help line. Apparently it is a common glitch. It will show up in your history as payment pending but you cannot access it. It will clear on its own after a couple days and then you can try again. I was able to apply for 3 species but 2 of them glitched out so I have to wait until Saturday before I can try again.

ajr5406
05-06-2016, 09:24 AM
I just did my LEH applications, as well as got the new ID, and all up took 5 minutes. I have the payment receipt for LEH as a record too.

RDM
05-06-2016, 09:48 AM
Just signed My son and myself up for bcid ect. Glitch in the system.Our ID and Passwords have been switched.I must use his and vice versa.Call front counter and was told this has been a problem.You cannot change user ID and passwords once registered.

Squamch
05-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Buddy went to service Bc in nanaimo, they said he has to have a bceid to get his fwid, but I got my fwid at servicebc in Victoria without one. Awful lot of not knowing what's going on going around!

hunter1947
05-06-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm sure you could navigate to where you need to go but....

Start here Wayne. https://www.bceid.ca/register/basic/account_details.aspx?type=regular&serviceId=4483&eServiceType=basic

Once you complete the registration, go to "Proceed to online service Subscription". Input your hunter number, pertinent information, and you're done.

Thanks for helping me and others I am not that good when it comes to this kind of stuff.

hunter1947
05-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Thanks to the members that helped me on where to start ,,it means alot to me and others,,maybe this link has already
been pasted on this site I have not been following the site much because i am in the fast lane ,,LOL..

hunter1947
05-06-2016, 05:44 PM
I have registered and put my hunters # in it says it will take 3 business days to go trough is this right ?? does this mean that I can't apply for LEH on line till my application goes through ??.

ruger#1
05-06-2016, 05:47 PM
I have registered and put my hunters # in it says it will take 3 business days to go trough is this right ?? does this mean that I can't apply for LEH on line till my application goes through ??.Did you do the basic one?

Whonnock Boy
05-06-2016, 05:55 PM
No. Did you use the link that I provided. Should have been pretty easy. Fill out that form, and it takes you to where you input your hunter number. I'll ask this. Have you previously tried to do this online with it asking for "credentials", as in pictures of your identification?

I have registered and put my hunters # in it says it will take 3 business days to go trough is this right ?? does this mean that I can't apply for LEH on line till my application goes through ??.

Pioneerman
05-06-2016, 05:59 PM
I did the LEH on line the other night typed in my old hunter number and it should my new number with my LEH submission , no waiting at all ,instant

hunter1947
05-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Did you do the basic one?

I have my new ID number there are 3 new numbers in front of my old one so I must had did it right but I can't get into the LEH system to apply it shows
it but can't do nothing my guess is I have to wait up to 3 business days for my application to take affect ??.

xcaribooer
05-08-2016, 01:26 AM
so now that its online ,will it be a more "for sure" draw date? or will we continue with the annual guess the leh date contest?

russm
05-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Jeez with all the confusion this seems to be causing i might actually get drawn for something this year.

whitetailsheds
05-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Have found you can apply for the Special Sheep draws on line and can click how many applications you want to buy......but can't find where? Am I missing something?

**DOH!!!!** I see it isn't open yet!!

Wrayzer
05-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Got my entries in. Big fan of the new system.

Twogunns
05-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Is there a way to verify my partners got their submissions in properly on a shared hunt that I set up?

New Bow Hunter
05-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Yes, you can check.

swamper
05-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Once I finally realized that I had my FWID number, the application was a breeze. Just waiting for one of our group to get his poop in a group and get me his info for the shared draw. I hope that the draw process is as smooth as the application process.

Cyrus
05-08-2016, 04:48 PM
can one person pay for all the groups leh draw?

russm
05-08-2016, 06:39 PM
can one person pay for all the groups leh draw?

Yup, my dad did it this morning.

Twogunns
05-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Yes, you can check.
Thanks. Maybe somebody could explain how?

New Bow Hunter
05-09-2016, 05:36 PM
All you need is the shared hunter number and your hunting partners hunting number.

Barracuda
05-10-2016, 07:20 AM
so now that its online ,will it be a more "for sure" draw date? or will we continue with the annual guess the leh date contest?

I think that's the idea in the future but for this season I don't think it will be as I think they are still accepting the cards for the very last time.

4 point
05-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Did shared hunt LEH entry last night . Got 4 folks BCeID's then all new FWID's then did the LEH shared hunt. Pay by visa and your done. In future years only have to login pick draws & pay. Now if only we could get a draw!

Cyrus
05-10-2016, 10:03 PM
did you have to log into each of your partners account to pay?

Did shared hunt LEH entry last night . Got 4 folks BCeID's then all new FWID's then did the LEH shared hunt. Pay by visa and your done. In future years only have to login pick draws & pay. Now if only we could get a draw!

dbergen69
05-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Is there a way to verify my partners got their submissions in properly on a shared hunt that I set up?

I would be interested in how to do this also. I can see my LEH history but I can't see if my buddies actually joined the group. They said they have but I would like to confirm.

Arctic Lake
05-12-2016, 07:15 AM
I would be interested in how to do this also. I can see my LEH history but I can't see if my buddies actually joined the group. They said they have but I would like to confirm.

Speaking of a Shared Hunt for two of us done online. I put in for a shared hunt for moose then there is an option to invite others but I did not do that. I just let my buddy know what the group ID number was that I got when I paid for the LEH and he applied for the LEH draw with the same number. Done.

I did call the online hunting support number and a fella walked me through it, he was very helpful. So maybe try that .
Arctic Lake

ARC
05-12-2016, 07:38 AM

I would like to know this as well. Once my dad signs up for my shared hunt, will I be able to verify on my account that he joined properly?

Will his name or number show up, or do I just have to trust he did everything correctly?

dbergen69
05-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Speaking of a Shared Hunt for two of us done online. I put in for a shared hunt for moose then there is an option to invite others but I did not do that. I just let my buddy know what the group ID number was that I got when I paid for the LEH and he applied for the LEH draw with the same number. Done.

I did call the online hunting support number and a fella walked me through it, he was very helpful. So maybe try that .
Arctic Lake

I understand that part. After I give my buddy the code and he joins the shared hunt how can I verify that he is actually joined. I suppose I could just trust that he did but he is not that kind of buddy. :)

Buckmeister
05-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Wow. I just tried to register for the BCeID. Filled out all the info on the first page and hit "Next", the computer sat there "thinking" for about 5 minutes, then came back with an empty first page, all my info gone, it didn't move on to the next step. Sure doesn't give me confidence for the new system.

Buckmeister
05-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Wow. I just tried to register for the BCeID. Filled out all the info on the first page and hit "Next", the computer sat there "thinking" for about 5 minutes, then came back with an empty first page, all my info gone, it didn't move on to the next step. Sure doesn't give me confidence for the new system.

Worked the second time.

Arctic Lake
05-13-2016, 08:01 AM
I understand that part. After I give my buddy the code and he joins the shared hunt how can I verify that he is actually joined. I suppose I could just trust that he did but he is not that kind of buddy. :)

dbergen69 When you go back and login on your account you will see that there is now two applications with the same group hunt ID in your list of LEH draws. At least that is how I knew that my buddy put in and paid for his .
Arctic Lake

srupp
05-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Gong show..waste of 4 hours...grrrrr
Got bceid done and new hunter number with extra 3 digits..cant access LEH..
So its to the govt office monday..fish license, hunt license, leh cards..hope they sort this mess out by next year..
Rant over..living resumes. .lol
Steven

Cyrus
05-13-2016, 10:27 PM
site is down...tried to do mine tonight and not working.

argyle1
05-14-2016, 05:56 AM
I can't get the address part to accept British Columbia as a province, WTF. It just keeps coming back to "please provide a province?state". Has anyone else had this issue?

argyle1
05-14-2016, 06:32 AM
I can't get the address part to accept British Columbia as a province, WTF. It just keeps coming back to "please provide a province?state". Has anyone else had this issue?
I cancelled out and started over and it worked fine. All done

wideopenthrottle
05-14-2016, 10:16 AM
gotter done..yaaayyy..?

kilometers
05-14-2016, 10:43 AM
i am still confused do you have to get the basic bceid first or apply directly to leh with old hunter number..?

you need a basic bceid to access the site. Then you get your new hunter number. Then apply for leh

wideopenthrottle
05-14-2016, 10:44 AM
gotter thx for the reply...

savagecanuck
05-15-2016, 12:44 PM
I got it done many thanks to those on here for posting the links or I never would have figured it out.

Lukeez88
05-15-2016, 04:15 PM
dbergen69 When you go back and login on your account you will see that there is now two applications with the same group hunt ID in your list of LEH draws. At least that is how I knew that my buddy put in and paid for his .
Arctic Lake

I cant see any of these extra applications from my group hunts when i am logged on. Should it be under LEH history?

Rhyno
05-15-2016, 07:31 PM
I cant see any of these extra applications from my group hunts when i am logged on. Should it be under LEH history?

That's because you can't! I wish it showed who has joined a group.....hopefully it is add next year. Overall I am impressed wth the system.

CaribooBC
05-15-2016, 09:14 PM
My wife and I have been trying for two hours tonight to get our LEH's in. I keep getting error messages from the BC govt website. THIS SYSTEM is HORRIBLY FLAWED. I should have just went to my local store this afternoon and applied there. I just can't imagine how this is supposed to be better.

xtrail
05-15-2016, 09:20 PM
Put in my draws tonight and it was a painless and smooth transaction.
I like the new system.

CaribooBC
05-15-2016, 09:27 PM
This is atrocious. It looks like we have successfully completed our LEH applications, but on our shared hunt we have two different group ID #'s. Is this normal????
When we applied there was no box to enter our group ID # on the electronic application form. Yet when it finally generated the receipt, the Group ID #'s were shown. I did check the Shared HUnt box on the application. We were getting many "Server Not Found" Errors while trying to apply for our LEH.

CaribooBC
05-15-2016, 09:27 PM
I wish it was painless for us.........

Drillbit
05-15-2016, 09:57 PM
It F'ed me around the first try. I wasn't too keen on it being awesome though.

When I decided it would be easier for me to do it online (I always do my dad's for him and now he would need to be there, and I can't just buy cards and fill them out like I used to for us) I decided to stick it out and really give it a try.

It all went pretty smooth, the shared hunt was the only little hitch, but I figured it out after reading the Shared Hunt thread on here.
Saskatchewan's site is a little easier to get around in, but overall, the BC one wasn't too bad.

Couldn't figure out how to use my status card as my hunter number though, as I've done in the past, so I just used my BC hunter number.

srupp
05-18-2016, 03:41 PM
Too old, too dumb had to go to service BC..THERE I was ridiculed for not beeing able to acomplish a simple task.
Big attitude..but got it all done in 10 minutes..
Will be great when mere mortals can do it..
Steven

TARCHER
05-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Too old, too dumb had to go to service BC..THERE I was ridiculed for not beeing able to acomplish a simple task.
Big attitude..but got it all done in 10 minutes..
Will be great when mere mortals can do it..
StevenTo funny Steve. My story is a copy of yours but the nice govt issue girl was very helpful and no ridicule. hows your post op rehab doing?

Ferenc
05-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Sh!t at front counter... They just pointed at the computer across from the desk.. Lol

srupp
05-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Sh!t at front counter... They just pointed at the computer across from the desk.. Lol

That was her first ploy..I mentioned I had already wasted 5 hours trying...
Tarcher..still plenty of pain...but Dr said that should change..treadmill is enjoyable..not..but seeing slow progress

r106
05-18-2016, 05:48 PM
Don't feel bad srupp I'm only 35 and I had some trouble too I got it figured though

Squamch
05-19-2016, 07:05 AM
I haven't tried to do any of it on my own whatsoever. ServiceBC for all of it. I'm getting my money's worth out of my taxes. It was fairly painless, had some difficulty with the difference between group and shared hunts, but they got it sorted. Going in with a good attitude not a "fawk your system" chip on your shoulder does wonders.

Ubertuber
05-19-2016, 08:55 AM
No problems for me. I got mine and my two kids new hunter numbers and our LEH applications done in about 15 minutes. All this in the comfort of my kitchen.

tinhorse
05-19-2016, 08:59 AM
Yep, no problems here luckily about 7 minutes to get mine and the wife's done. It certainly does suck when something just isnt working out. Ive had troubles in the past with those types of things on the computer. Frustrating...

David Heitsman
05-19-2016, 02:59 PM
I know you read this site, folks in Victoria. It didn't need to be this convoluted. Passwords, Id's and etc are unnecessary. The website is not taking my hunt codes, instead it is defaulting to another set of numerals. I am an easy hour into this and about to go buy the cards. Incidently, I work in the online world six hours a day. One more time I'll try.

Blockcaver
05-19-2016, 03:17 PM
No issues, like the system.

kilometers
05-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Worked flawless for me, wife , dad and brother. I like the new system

srupp
05-19-2016, 09:14 PM
I haven't tried to do any of it on my own whatsoever. ServiceBC for all of it. I'm getting my money's worth out of my taxes. It was fairly painless, had some difficulty with the difference between group and shared hunts, but they got it sorted. Going in with a good attitude not a "fawk your system" chip on your shoulder does wonders.

Hmmm didnt have an attitude going in...and never met anyone with an attitude in the service BC counter. .however certainly had an attitude going out...hopefully it will be 100% for next year...I actually should get a course for dummies for computer..but this time I think the program wasnt ready for rollout..
Steven

russm
05-19-2016, 09:32 PM
Why so many issues? It takes less steps to do than when you do your online shopping.

bcsteve
05-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Trying to do mine tonight but apparently it's too busy. Keeps kicking me out and telling me to try later.

bcsteve
05-20-2016, 08:38 AM
All done now. Much smoother this morning.

BigD_83
05-20-2016, 10:12 AM
I was in a few days ago, and once I got the BCeID sorted, all went relatively smoothly.

The checkout process has a few bugs, but after giving it an evening, I signed in again and my applications were sorted out.

So far, I like it but there are improvements to be made.

Glenny
05-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Put in my draws tonight and it was a painless and smooth transaction.
I like the new system.

Me too. The whole process was a breeze from getting new hunter ID account to buying LEH. Yet I read about all the problems people are having. is it the computers? the user? or maybe the times where there is major traffic on the site. Kinda weird with the hit and miss.

leadpillproductions
05-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Got all id for me and my dad set up but for the wife and son need to to get creditials varified

BigfishCanada
05-20-2016, 02:52 PM
WTF? I did mne and it says i need to goto the office and prove who i am? Did i mess things up?

papaken
05-21-2016, 07:48 AM
Just completed one of mine and had no problems. Way easier than all the writing and mailing. lol! Now if my group guys can get it together I can apply for moose and elk.

stevee
05-21-2016, 07:56 AM
Spent 2 hours trying to figure it out. Finally had to give up and go to bed. Figured it out in the morning. My wife is now NOT part of a shared hunt with our 2 sons. Her first year of LEH and now she may have been placed in someone else's group. Hate this system. Very confusing. Much easier to fill out a couple of cards.

Ryo
05-21-2016, 08:03 AM
You chose personal ID rather than basic. No big deal, except you do have to verify your ID in person. It seems only logical to choose personal, I did the same. Why they wouldn't have directed people better to choose basic, either on the page itself, or with the printouts they've been handing out for 2 months, is beyond me.
Hopefully when you go to serviceBC they don't announce that the service is down and to come back another day. Grrrrr

WTF? I did mne and it says i need to goto the office and prove who i am? Did i mess things up?

Whonnock Boy
05-21-2016, 10:17 AM
There is nothing wrong with starting up an entirely new ID. Just add a 1 or something to your first ID, start over, and then choose basic. When I spoke with the lady on the help line, that is what she got me to do.

You chose personal ID rather than basic. No big deal, except you do have to verify your ID in person. It seems only logical to choose personal, I did the same. Why they wouldn't have directed people better to choose basic, either on the page itself, or with the printouts they've been handing out for 2 months, is beyond me.
Hopefully when you go to serviceBC they don't announce that the service is down and to come back another day. Grrrrr

Iron Glove
05-21-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm computer challenged so it took me @ 10 minutes from start to finish including getting my BCEID, FWID and my annual, futile attempt at getting an LEH antlerless mule deer draw.
Waiting for Son to check on the antlerless Elk in 8-05. He has access to private land where he has seen lots of Elk, just have to see if the land is in the LEH area or not.
Probably walk down to the local Outdoor Store and renew my licence ( now eligible for the really old guy rate :mrgreen: ) and some tags.

leadpillproductions
05-21-2016, 08:13 PM
I got all 4 of us figured out good to go . Got a email from leh people today gov workin on weekend to make sure everythings workin out i guess lol

Fisher-Dude
05-21-2016, 09:55 PM
That took about 10 minutes to do both mine and the wife's LEHs.

Almost too easy.

Whonnock Boy
05-21-2016, 09:59 PM
They have pretty much been on call 24/7 since launch.

I got all 4 of us figured out good to go . Got a email from leh people today gov workin on weekend to make sure everythings workin out i guess lol

transplantednewf
05-22-2016, 06:30 AM
System is ****ed. I've been attempting to put in for moose and elk. Keeps telling me that because i had a moose draw last year, i can't apply this year. Tried to apply just for the elk....no joy there either. I think its all part of the big plan

northof49
05-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Thats concerning for sure. Did you try logging off and log back in again. If still doing it may have to phone in for help on that one.

longrifle
05-22-2016, 09:17 AM
I like the new leh system, only improvement I would suggest is with regard to the shared/group hunt applications having to be processed separately...If they can tweak the system to allow all applications to be processed together then we would be close to perfection.

'rifle

leadpillproductions
05-22-2016, 09:54 AM
I like the idea if you get a draw not able to get in for following year , would give others better odds .

Fisher-Dude
05-22-2016, 11:26 AM
I like the idea if you get a draw not able to get in for following year , would give others better odds .

How much better?

Some perspective:

Let's say a 10:1 draw, 5 authorizations.

That means 50 people apply, 5 get it. Chances of being drawn are 10%, chances of NOT being drawn are 90%.

Next year, assuming the same 45 unsuccessful people try again, your chances of NOT being drawn go from 90% (45/50) to 89% (40/45).

I say it's not worth excluding other hunters for a 1% difference in my luck. And I want the other 5 guys to put money into HCTF and wildlife management by having them buy applications, too.

Iron Glove
05-22-2016, 11:29 AM
That took about 10 minutes to do both mine and the wife's LEHs.

Almost too easy.

"Wife's LEH"
Aren't all Wifes "Limited Entry" once you marry them? :twisted:

canucker
05-22-2016, 12:02 PM
"Wife's LEH"

You're odds definitely go down with the number of years married.

Fisher-Dude
05-22-2016, 12:03 PM
"Wife's LEH"

I've been fortunate enough to get the draw every time. ;)

ROY-alty33
05-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Was able to do mine and mine sons without a hitch.....sent the email to my buddy for the shared hunts. Now his history shows he is waiting for both draws to be completed but was only charged for one, so now not sure if it went through or not? An email to the originator of the group/shared needs to happen. Before I could just grab the cards and fill them out for everybody, no fuss. Guess I could do the same under the new system but would need his bceid.

Iron Glove
05-22-2016, 02:21 PM
I've been fortunate enough to get the draw every time. ;)

Sure, I bet it was a "group" LEH. ;-)

hotstuff
05-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Put in for mule deer today so far.

kyleklassen
05-23-2016, 12:02 AM
Put in for mule deer today so far.kickin' ass

Wagonmaster
05-23-2016, 05:50 AM
Was able to do mine and mine sons without a hitch.....sent the email to my buddy for the shared hunts. Now his history shows he is waiting for both draws to be completed but was only charged for one, so now not sure if it went through or not? An email to the originator of the group/shared needs to happen. Before I could just grab the cards and fill them out for everybody, no fuss. Guess I could do the same under the new system but would need his bceid.

Not certain this is the case for you, but a similar thing happened to me first time around when doing a shared hunt with my wife. Mine went through successfully first time through, but when I did my wife's, it showed it was waiting for payment as I recall. The problem turned out to be the following. You start the second shared hunt by selecting "shared" at the beginning, put in the group ID, follow along and then on the last page, there is a box that says group/shared hunt down near the bottom on the left side. You would think you have to select that, but if you do, the scenario you are describing occurs after you submit. In other words, you don't check that box. Get your buddy to go to his profile page and check the shopping cart at the top. Then select your application that is waiting and delete it. Start a new application for his shared hunt, but don't check that box I referred to on the last page and it should go through immediately. Did for me. Hope that's the solution.

Essential
05-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Wow this new system is great! Did mine, wife's, 2 kids, dads, and grandfathers Bc IDs and lehs, 2 shared hunts and 17 draws all under 30 mins!

hopefully the draw will be just as fast! Can't be that many people that were hanging on to old paper cards.....

make sure you choose the BASIC ID or your making a trip into the office to prove you are you.

another tip with the shared hunts ....after the first person applies (And PAYS )for the shared hunt its assigned a hunt ID number, login to the other peoples account and click join a shared hunt and enter the unique ID, then it will auto populate the hunt and ad it to your cart, click new leh, add your remaining individual hunts and pay....boom your done

mike_b
05-23-2016, 10:20 PM
Ok.......I made myself an account, entered my information, and purchased my LEH tags. Then, I made an account for my dad with all of his information. However, when I tried accessing the account that I had set up for my dad in order to purchase LEH draws for him (there is a shared hunt involved), it would only ever sign into my account. Eventually, I got access to his account and when I went to purchase the LEH for our shared hunt, it asked for a "shared hunt ID". I didn't know the ID number so I trying going back into my account, and low and behold, every f***ing time I try to access it, it always takes me back to my dad's account. Even if I sign out of them. What am I doing wrong here?!?!

Figured it out....somehow all of my info was under my dad's account and all of my dad's info is in my account. Not sure how that happened seeing as i bought LEH draw tags before i even made his account....oh well

wideopenthrottle
05-24-2016, 07:27 AM
Ok.......I made myself an account, entered my information, and purchased my LEH tags. Then, I made an account for my dad with all of his information. However, when I tried accessing the account that I had set up for my dad in order to purchase LEH draws for him (there is a shared hunt involved), it would only ever sign into my account. Eventually, I got access to his account and when I went to purchase the LEH for our shared hunt, it asked for a "shared hunt ID". I didn't know the ID number so I trying going back into my account, and low and behold, every f***ing time I try to access it, it always takes me back to my dad's account. Even if I sign out of them. What am I doing wrong here?!?!

Figured it out....somehow all of my info was under my dad's account and all of my dad's info is in my account. Not sure how that happened seeing as i bought LEH draw tags before i even made his account....oh well

I had a glitch too like that..just make sure you are completely logged out from one ID before you create the next one...when you click on the new one make sure you didn't relog on as the old I.D.

J_T
05-24-2016, 08:25 AM

Your browser is probably caching. In future, one simple method of managing multiple accounts is to use different browsers. Not different windows in the same browser, select Internet Explorer for one, Firefox or Google Chrome for the other. That should resolve that issue.

skibum
05-24-2016, 08:47 AM
Your browser is probably caching. In future, one simple method of managing multiple accounts is to use different browsers. Not different windows in the same browser, select Internet Explorer for one, Firefox or Google Chrome for the other. That should resolve that issue.

delete your history and cookies also would work

Cyrus
05-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Just did mine as well for our entire group. All done in no time and I paid for all of them so that to can be done. Much better than the old system...well unless I get drawn NIL again then I will bitch about it lol

ajr5406
05-24-2016, 12:25 PM
When can we expect the draw results (ish)?

Whonnock Boy
05-24-2016, 02:21 PM
They are still accepting written submissions, and they probably cut the budget for the data entry. Soooooo.... About mid to late July like usual. :)

When can we expect the draw results (ish)?

russm
05-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Jeez with all these screw ups i might actually end up with a draw this year.

papaken
05-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Just finished mine and my wife's draws, took awhile as had a few glitches, but all good now. Have a few friends that are not comfortable with doing things online so they said to hell with it and are not putting in for any LEH's. I will have to work with them to get them set up for next year.

smallfry14
05-24-2016, 07:34 PM
Now we just need a priority point system.. :???:

Boner
05-24-2016, 09:10 PM
I just noticed that the hunt buddy app has the 15/16 LEH synopsis. I noticed when my 4 digit choices didn't jive with this years' numbers in three of my species applications, luckily before I submitted and paid.

MikeH
05-25-2016, 10:03 AM
It was easy and fast, 3 draws done.

Fisher-Dude
05-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Now we just need a priority point system.. :???:

Won't improve your odds of being drawn whatsoever, so tell me why we should divert millions of dollars from wildlife and habitat budgets to build something that only makes people feel more lucky.

Vladimir Poutine
05-25-2016, 01:29 PM
Won't improve your odds of being drawn whatsoever, so tell me why we should divert millions of dollars from wildlife and habitat budgets to build something that only makes people feel more lucky.

Over and over that weakness in a priority system along with others is pointed out and some still think it will work in BC. The answers at the beginning of the thread show how bad a priority system would be. AB in comparison to BC's #s are small potatoes.

Fisher-Dude
05-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Over and over that weakness in a priority system along with others is pointed out and some still think it will work in BC. The answers at the beginning of the thread show how bad a priority system would be. AB in comparison to BC's #s are small potatoes.

People who get lucky and get drawn like the current system.

People with less luck want to change it.

What most don't realize is that irrespective of the system used, 5 moose for 100 guys is 20:1 odds no matter which way they twist and bend draw systems.

Now, if people understood that 10 moose for 100 guys is a better option as a result of funding for inventories, habitat, and predator control instead of funding for computer draw programs, then the conversation would be pretty short.

holmes76
05-25-2016, 04:33 PM
is the online site down right now or is it just my pc?

2chodi
05-25-2016, 05:36 PM
is the online site down right now or is it just my pc?

The e-licensing site was not down, but there were issues on the BC Government network this afternoon. The issue has been resolved.

Spy
05-25-2016, 05:41 PM
What time does the draw close today?

last light
05-25-2016, 06:03 PM
It closes on Friday. May 27, 2016 @ 11:59p.m.

Spy
05-25-2016, 06:12 PM
It closes on Friday. May 27, 2016 @ 11:59p.m.
Thanks last light :-) lol I was scrambling today to get my draws in, and only had time to do one. ��

last light
05-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Ya no prob. I wonder how many people are going to be scrambling on Friday. I'm curious to see if the site is going to experience technical difficulties on Friday. We'll see what happens!

BigfishCanada
05-27-2016, 12:34 PM
I just did mine and my sons today, easy as pie, in fact i even registered my sons BCEID today. Its about time we left the 90's. Spy why did you only have time to do one, you could do all of them at once you know!

Ill bet the results will be 10x faster

skibum
05-27-2016, 04:28 PM
I messed up linking my hunter number to my new BCeID - 30 minutes to get a person on the phone and was fixed up no problem.

Way better system

Spy
05-27-2016, 04:51 PM
I just did mine and my sons today, easy as pie, in fact i even registered my sons BCEID today. Its about time we left the 90's. Spy why did you only have time to do one, you could do all of them at once you know!

Ill bet the results will be 10x faster
I only had time to do my Rosie, and that was rushed as I needed to get to my next Job ! I know you can do more than one just had no time. Anyway good luck to all hope you are Lucky

Cyrus
05-27-2016, 04:54 PM
so whats the consensus? Are there people that didn't bother this year because of the new system?

BigfishCanada
05-27-2016, 05:04 PM
I know of many people that didnt do this year because, but that being said i knew people from the past that forgot also

huntcoop
05-27-2016, 05:15 PM
Easy as pie, great new system.

rocksteady
05-27-2016, 05:33 PM
I tried today, epic fail... Could not log in to BCid, then it froze my account. Was on hold for over2 hours on the phone.. Never got it resolved....

guess its GOS for me again...

caddisguy
05-27-2016, 05:36 PM
Almost didn't bother. My hunting partners won't have much time off in the fall for out of town trips. No moose partners. No October doe draw for Reg 3 either. I did put in for one of the "closer" November doe draws that I'd be willing to devote a weekend to!

No issues with the online system when I did mine earlier today, but I'll be having caddisgirl try tonight, so we'll see how that goes!

Looking forward to 3 months of GOS trying to figure out more about the BT's in our area. Don't care about LEH this time around!! :)

Whonnock Boy
05-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Just helped my friend with his right from the start, and it went off without a hitch.

crazy_canuck
05-27-2016, 07:36 PM
hey guys i'm not able to join our shared hunt.. when I search for the group ID nothing is shown. running out of time.

lip_ripper00
05-27-2016, 07:42 PM
Technical difficulties.....

crazy_canuck
05-27-2016, 07:45 PM
ya thats what I thought.. gonna keep trying.

Thats what we get for waiting till the last minute

Ohwildwon
05-27-2016, 07:56 PM
Able to get through mine last night on my iphone 6...
If you have a message saying the system is "overloaded try again in a few minutes", just wait 20-30 sec and refresh the page, boom on with the show...:D

Daybreak
05-27-2016, 08:00 PM
hey guys i'm not able to join our shared hunt.. when I search for the group ID nothing is shown. running out of time.

When we wanted to add members to our group hunt it wasn't a matter of finding the group hunt ID it was a matter of entering it. The person who initiated the group hunt should have a group ID # issued and the subsequent hunters simply log on, select join group hunt and then enter that group ID #. That should automatically include the subsequent hunter to the group which can then be confirmed by the information that pops up on the screen. The initial applicant has to provide the ID # to the rst of the group. That's how it worked for us. Hope that helps. System should settle down a little later in the evening I would think.

bangbangkhan
05-27-2016, 08:08 PM
well looks like its permanently down...FML....and all the other people who waited last minute like me lol

crazy_canuck
05-27-2016, 08:10 PM
When we wanted to add members to our group hunt it wasn't a matter of finding the group hunt ID it was a matter of entering it. The person who initiated the group hunt should have a group ID # issued and the subsequent hunters simply log on, select join group hunt and then enter that group ID #. That should automatically include the subsequent hunter to the group which can then be confirmed by the information that pops up on the screen. The initial applicant has to provide the ID # to the rst of the group. That's how it worked for us. Hope that helps. System should settle down a little later in the evening I would think.

yea thats how its working out except the rest of the group can't retrieve the #

elch jager
05-27-2016, 08:17 PM
......simply log on, select join group hunt and then enter that group ID #......

hahahahahahaha...... that's real funny right there. More like enter the ID# repeatedly every minute for an hour until it finally populates the hunt information.....

.... or in my case - first, try to reset my BCeID password 3 times with a 15 minute lock out on each attempt because I can't remember it or those damn skill testing questions...

Now where did I leave that damn martini....

caddisguy
05-27-2016, 08:38 PM
hahahahahahaha...... that's real funny right there. More like enter the ID# repeatedly every minute for an hour until it finally populates the hunt information.....

CTRL R is getting pounded over here. I just paid for the shared hunt, but wife is unable to join... won't populate

Do not, I repeat do not making a drinking game based on that "Load hunt" button failing to populate data... then you won't be fit to drive around and collect all the laptops, PC's and phones hunters are probably winging out there windows in the next couple hours ;-P

caddisguy
05-27-2016, 08:44 PM
CTRL R is getting pounded over here. I just paid for the shared hunt, but wife is unable to join... won't populate

Do not, I repeat do not making a drinking game based on that "Load hunt" button failing to populate data... then you won't be fit to drive around and collect all the laptops, PC's and phones hunters are probably winging out there windows in the next couple hours ;-P

Now she keeps clicking "Retrieve" and saying "when am I going to get lucky". All sorts of confusion happening now.

Lastcar
05-27-2016, 10:32 PM
Submitted mine last night. But decided to add an Elk draw tonight.

Ya...not going well. Last night was painful enough. Took multiple refreshes and trying again in a few minutes.

When it worked it was damn slick. Great system. The fact the infrastructure can't handle the volume is mindboggling.

I work in the industry and can't for the life of me understand how this can be a problem. Other than incompetence or being ok with a known problem. I'd suggest lack of budget, which I suppose is covered by my first two potential reasons.

I really feel for those who may not get any of their draws in. Sure you can say that is what you get for waiting to the last minute. But the deadline is 11:59 today.

There is no reason in this day and age to expect an online system to be this buggy.

Mailing them in with a few hours to spare...not wise. Waiting until the last few hours to do it online? Should be completely reasonable.

Unless you are a regular on a forum like this you'd likely have no idea how buggy the system is. Those of us on here often had a pretty good idea it was hit and miss. But the average Joe wouldn't have known.

Yes...I know...it is the government so my points above is full of faulty assumptions.

Oh well...the elk draw was an after thought. And 60:1 so I am not going to lose sleep over it not getting in. Unless for some reason the other 125 hunters who put in last year and no new ones put in this year and it would have been automatic. Then I'll be pissed. ;-)

CoreShackJack
05-27-2016, 11:01 PM
What a pain in the buttocks jennay.
I get to the application page where I can enter in my first and second choice hunt codes...about a second afterward the screen goes blue and is replaced by HTML code?
Ctrl+R is a fun game to play, I am getting pretty good at my speed.

SHACK
05-27-2016, 11:03 PM
same here, just a joke. Probably no LEH submissions for me this year, Ive been at it for hours...

white moose
05-27-2016, 11:16 PM
Just put in for a last minute goat draw in the koots. A few trys and i got it

Lastcar
05-27-2016, 11:29 PM
Not sure if it will matter or not, but I sent an email from the same email address on my BCEID letting them know I am unable to put in for a draw. Included the draw code and info. Was very civil. Just said I can't apply but on the off chance, you are able to do something after the fact thought I'd include what I am trying to do in an email. At least it is a time-stamped record of it. Not holding my breath it will matter, but can't hurt to leave a paper trail with them.

CoreShackJack
05-27-2016, 11:30 PM
Yeah I've been at it now for an hour and a half and I still haven't made it past the blue page of script.

CoreShackJack
05-27-2016, 11:41 PM
Good idea Lastcar, I sent them an email also; I am hoping they honour these or in the best case scenario - extend the draw deadline!

crazy_canuck
05-27-2016, 11:54 PM
what email address are you sending too? I've been at it for 4+ hours and no luck

Lastcar
05-27-2016, 11:54 PM
what email address are you sending too? I've been at it for 4+ hours and no luck

LimitedEntry.Hunting@gov.bc.ca

Lorne
05-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Well that didn't work, I had all my Draws in the cart and ready to go when the site crashed and spent the next 5 hours refreshing with no luck

Firstblood
05-28-2016, 12:07 AM
I worked a lot later than I thought today after my brother reminded me that it was the deadline, hours of trying and it wouldn't let me get in any submissions, kept saying the system was too busy, I would get a step in then it would crash and send me back. Of course its my fault of course for not doing it sooner but hey, this is the internet lets complain about the internet.
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/firstblood69/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-28%20at%2012.03.49%20AM_zps9dikwcel.png (http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/firstblood69/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-28%20at%2012.03.49%20AM_zps9dikwcel.png.html)

crazy_canuck
05-28-2016, 12:08 AM
I think the more people who email in expressing their frustrations with the crashing site they maybe more willing to work with us and extended the closing date, never know unless you ask.

Lastcar
05-28-2016, 12:14 AM
I wonder how many people were unable to submit and if it will change the odds for this year. I suspect it won't be much different than other years where people forget or get them off late.

I am sure most got them in early. I actually feel lucky I got them all but the elk in last night. Even that was a bit dicey. Took quite a few refreshes.

The elk thing was an after thought, so not sure if I am really worse off. It'd have been amazing to be drawn but it was a tough odds hunt. So I can just tell myself it doesn't matter. ;-)

But I am still pretty frustrated, if not for myself for everyone else who wasn't able to get their draws in. Say what you want about doing it early. They said 11:59 today. They should do what they have to, to ensure that holds true.

In my case, I was still researching areas up until last night and making sure I was putting for hunts I could do combined with the better odds and parts of the province I'd love to see. Completely reasonable to take that long based on the deadline.

Night Hawk 3
05-28-2016, 12:30 AM
I'm another person who had major frustrations with my cart mysteriously disappearing time after time after time, and then spending ages not getting anywhere with the server overload issues...

I've sent in an email expressing (politely as I could manage) my frustrations with this system.

NH3

Byknight
05-28-2016, 12:44 AM
Wow so sorry to hear it was so rough for so many people. I got mine in at around 5pm no problems. It worked really well for me. Best of luck to everyone. I have never entered befor so fingers crossed.

Long bow
05-28-2016, 03:36 AM
I had the same couple hours of frustrations. Fill everything out then it would kick me out cause it said it was busy....I agree, I'm late with my submissions, However the deadline was set for 11;59, so the damn thing should work at 1900 hrs...I think an opportunity should be made available for guys like me for whom the system didn't work,,,

Wentrot
05-28-2016, 06:10 AM
Had to hit refresh last night a few times around 9 but got the rest of mine in without much hassle. Complainers gonna complain.

J_T
05-28-2016, 06:22 AM
I had the same couple hours of frustrations. Fill everything out then it would kick me out cause it said it was busy....I agree, I'm late with my submissions, However the deadline was set for 11;59, so the damn thing should work at 1900 hrs...I think an opportunity should be made available for guys like me for whom the system didn't work,,,As the online application increased, BC adopted a very standard response in these cases. The Gov does not own your emergency. You could have done it sooner and if you had problems gone in to a Service BC or Front Counter BC offices. Because you left it to the last minute does not make it the responsibility of the Gov to address your emergency. The solution is, im sure it will go better next year.

Wrayzer
05-28-2016, 06:29 AM
I am interested to see how much the number of applications received this year compares to previous years with this change.

Sucks for a lot of people unable to get draws onin but I cant help but think how much it will help the odds for guys that got through.

Caribou_lou
05-28-2016, 06:42 AM
I completed mine 2 weeks ago. Was easy and completed without refreshing once. Last thing I wanted to do was leave it to the last minute. If the site was going to have issues it would be then.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-28-2016, 06:57 AM
Skipped the whole process this year. First time ever. Only thing that I was interested in was late season peace elk.
Oh well, you all are welcome!

gmachine19
05-28-2016, 06:58 AM
I did mine at the last minute. 3am in Friday morning and no internet traffic at all lol!

Gateholio
05-28-2016, 07:52 AM
No problems for me, but I did mine a couple of days ago, early in the morning. Next year I would suggest everyone try to submit earlier, should make the process simple and if the system crashes you have lots of time to re submit.

luckofthedraw
05-28-2016, 07:55 AM
I did mine 2 or 3 days ago without trouble. Dad is unable to join my shared hunt though.....not sure how that will effect my moose draw.

Cyrus
05-28-2016, 08:19 AM
Have spoken with others that waited until the last minute and turned out to be a disaster. Some screwed up and got a personal id instead of the basic and didn't get their FWID number in time and others waited until the last day and the system was crashing on an off.

SHACK
05-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Yep procrastinated and spent 3 hours trying to get in. Absolutely pissed, in this day and age Im sure they can get shit right!

Sitkaspruce
05-28-2016, 10:11 AM
hahahaha......why wait???

I just don't get the waiting, then when the system is over whelmed, it is the governments fault.............

Everyone had a FULL MONTH PLUS to get your LEH in and yet when you wait, it becomes an emergency and your emergency now is the fault of the government????

I did read some where that "Procrastination of your LEH is like masturbation, you are only flicking yourself".......

The good thing about all the procrastinators is that maybe the odds will be less for some folks in the draw.

Cheers

SS

Lastcar
05-28-2016, 11:03 AM
hahahaha......why wait???

I just don't get the waiting, then when the system is over whelmed, it is the governments fault.............

Blaming fellow hunters is a bit of a dick move. Is it the hunter's fault the system was faulty?

I am all for not relying on the government to get things right and/or "take care" of me.

But I am sure as sh%t not for bashing those in our hunting community all of which I care about and our future needs to ensure our hunting rights and community is still there for generations to come.

I also think about the lost money towards the HCTF from lower application numbers. There is a lot about this situation that is bigger than bitching about procrastinators.

In my case, I had to wait to be sure I could go on the hunts. Fractured my leg 10 weeks ago. Was waiting to see how it healed. Be a shame to put in and not be able to go on some of the more physically challenging hunts. You know...to not be the person that threads pop up about every year about people getting draws and not even going.

I got my applications submitted Thursday night.

Sure I may be the exception so easy for me to chime in with a counterpoint.

Sure if you knew weeks ago what draws you wanted to put in for you should have put in.

But I'll defend those who did wait. In this day and age there is no reason for their system to have been so buggy. In turn, there is no reason for someone to think it would have been.

Sure, it is the government. Worse, it is the government who has been making a mess of LEH for years from the sounds of it. So yes, a person shouldn't be surprised.

None the less, I think it is reasonable for a person to assume an online system that said 11:59 would work until 11:59.

The people who are the procrastinators or making bad decisions are the ones who built, manage and failed to resolve issues with the system are the problem. Why did they not see this coming, why did they not find a way to ramp up capacity over the last week as it started to bog down due to the volume? Where were they last night when the system needed them most?

Also...anyone in with any experience in systems like this or other online products would never have a launch or deadline on a Friday night. It is a recipe for disaster. You are going to make developers hang around on a Friday night? They'll love that. Something goes sideways, you going to leave your users (in this case hunters) with no options for resolve until Monday?

Fellow hunters who fell into the trap are not. Could they have done better in their timing? Likely. But I am not going to bash them. I'll stand with them any day and fight for access to our public land and resources. As we all learn our way through this new world we find our passion moving into.

** Full disclosure - I also tried to put in for one more draw last night. Couldn't help myself, so tempting now that I don't need to go buy one more card and stamp. So I did have the same fate as others. But only one that was on a whim. If I see only half as many applied for it I will be a little sadder but at this point it was a heck of a long shot anyways. The 5 important to me ones all got in. **

caddisguy
05-28-2016, 11:53 AM
caddisgirl got her doe draw in after a few hours of re-trying

I decided to set up a 3-13 shared moose hunt and was successful, but we tried all night to get her to join my shared hunt without luck... so now I have a shared hunt with only me in it. I don't know whether or not that will be valid or if I have to call to get it cancelled/refunded. Any idea?

Side note for those complaining (myself to a minor degree because I am not very interested in LEH this year) the system is indeed an embarrassment. I have worked with system architecture and hosting for over 15 years and from my standpoint, this is a very simple site that receives very little traffic in the grand scheme of things. We're probably talking about tens of thousands of requests per day, unlikely hundreds of thousands and definitely not millions. A modest setup of a few load balanced web servers and a small database cluster would have been more than a enough and would be easily scale... heck it could easily automatically scale as it gets close to reaching capacity.

That said, watching the system fall over with relatively low traffic was not a surprise, so I have no excuse for not getting entries in earlier.

Lastcar
05-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Side note for those complaining (myself to a minor degree because I am not very interested in LEH this year) the system is indeed an embarrassment. I have worked with system architecture and hosting for over 15 years and from my standpoint, this is a very simple site that receives very little traffic in the grand scheme of things. We're probably talking about tens of thousands of requests per day, unlikely hundreds of thousands and definitely not millions. A modest setup of a few load balanced web servers and a small database cluster would have been more than a enough and would be easily scale... heck it could easily automatically scale as it gets close to reaching capacity.

This ^^^^

I was waiting for someone who could explain the specifics better than I.

But ya...if my devs ever cranked out something like this...well it'd never make it to me in that state.

But if it did there is no way I'd say it is ok.

Caddisguy is it fair to say it is essentially utilizing a database with no variables to then create a database with our IDs attached to hunt codes. Followed up by a basic e-commerce system that has been well established with the online fishing license program. And likely all kinds of other online payment needs for gov. Which shouldn't be something unachievable for even a moderately competent dev team.

When it comes to software dev nothing is ever as simple as it seems. I learned a long time ago to not say to the devs "How easy is such and such to do?" or "This seems easy, how soon can you have it". You would be shocked at how the simplest thing on the user side results in a cascade of events in the back end that need attention. Most bugs are a result of a completely unrelated to the change that caused them. Sometimes those are obvious to devs sometimes it takes a user stumbling across it.

But no chance I am letting whoever built or managed this project off the hook. It appears they were content to build an inferior system and ride it out as evidence mounted it was just that.

SHACK
05-28-2016, 12:55 PM
well I'm no software designer....but come on, concerts and games can be sold out within minutes of being released to the public......no one thought of that? We can send a man to the moon, split an atom, see the size of your pecker from space......and we cant get into a government website??? really, come on

luckofthedraw
05-28-2016, 01:45 PM
caddisgirl got her doe draw in after a few hours of re-trying

I decided to set up a 3-13 shared moose hunt and was successful, but we tried all night to get her to join my shared hunt without luck... so now I have a shared hunt with only me in it. I don't know whether or not that will be valid or if I have to call to get it cancelled/refunded. Any idea?

Same as me. Different MU though. Maybe our LEH will count as a single?

The Hermit
05-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Caddisguy - It is not a simple solution but the first of a whole suite of services including licensing that will be released in the coming year. The implementation could have been better no doubt and UI and load testing should have been more through for sure.

I'm sure it will all be worked out by next season. Hoping that the draw actually goes well and all of the data isn't lost! LOL

caddisguy
05-28-2016, 03:37 PM
This ^^^^

I was waiting for someone who could explain the specifics better than I.

But ya...if my devs ever cranked out something like this...well it'd never make it to me in that state.

But if it did there is no way I'd say it is ok.

Caddisguy is it fair to say it is essentially utilizing a database with no variables to then create a database with our IDs attached to hunt codes. Followed up by a basic e-commerce system that has been well established with the online fishing license program. And likely all kinds of other online payment needs for gov. Which shouldn't be something unachievable for even a moderately competent dev team.

When it comes to software dev nothing is ever as simple as it seems. I learned a long time ago to not say to the devs "How easy is such and such to do?" or "This seems easy, how soon can you have it". You would be shocked at how the simplest thing on the user side results in a cascade of events in the back end that need attention. Most bugs are a result of a completely unrelated to the change that caused them. Sometimes those are obvious to devs sometimes it takes a user stumbling across it.

But no chance I am letting whoever built or managed this project off the hook. It appears they were content to build an inferior system and ride it out as evidence mounted it was just that.

Fair assessment of the design. I never bothered to poke around to determine the infrastructure (ie: OS/DB, virtualized vs physical, etc) but on a quick glance it appears to be Windows / ASP / MS-SQL. I am more of a Linux guy, but getting the "server is busy error" makes me think along the lines of set limits for web server and database connections. Many optimizations exist in these areas (ie: how long after the web server serves up the request or how long after a database query does the server consider the process to be complete) In Apache this would be related to the MaxClient's threshold and keepalive timeouts. Whether or not optimizations could have been made in IIS/MS-SQL, application pools etc is a moot point though. The project failed at a management level in several areas. As much as I dislike the need for IT frameworks like ITIL (as it is simply a framework of common sense and "should" not be necessary) it is actually necessary.

Taking the ITIL framework as an example, this project failed through pretty much every part of the lifecycle. Lets go through some of it:

Service Design - it is obvious there were issues with infrastructure or efficiency with optimization of code or configuration. Simply put, it was not scaled to handle what we would consider low to moderate traffic. In theory, this should not actually be considered a "failure" at the Service Design stage. At this stage, I would consider it an oversight or inaccurate prediction

Service Transition - The oversight of Service Design should have been captured by Service Transition. Service Transition owns Q&A, where capacity management should certainly be considered.

Continuous Service Improvement - This encompasses all stages of the Service Strategy lifecycle. It also owns incident management and capacity management. Given that "capacity" has created "incidents" not detected by "Service Transition" and these were not planned for, detected or rectified, it is clear this part of the Service Strategy life-cycle was completely missing. There was no feedback to Service Transition or Service Design.

Service Operation - This might have been the only part of the lifecycle that worked... or maybe it didn't. We do not know. This is the front lines. Were they provided with a path to deliver feedback to CSI, ST, etc and did they fail to do that? I doubt it. They probably did their best.

Project Management plays a role in all of this. PMO should see the project through all stages of the lifecycle. However a common problem is that project management is generally just a role to "plow everything through" to meet a deadline which generally translates through to "deliver SOMETHING, ANYTHING by said date". This is less of a fault of the PMO but rather the organization/bureaucracy that will hold the PMO responsible if delivery/date do not come when expected. There is little incentive for a PM (especially on contract) to care about the end results. It is just a the reality of the deadline driven, quarterly-results world we live in.

You are correct that unrelated changes result in the majority (actually 70%+) of "incidents" (or outages). Change Management (part of CSI) is a function to mitigate such things. However, in this case, I do not believe that was the issue, unless Change Management was blocking infrastructure upgrades. Since capacity management and change management are both part of Continuous Service Improvement, I doubt that is the case.

I suspect none of this framework or any sort of best practices were used. As a result, the bureaucracy likely hired some contractors that delivered a turd and ran.

Hopefully this information is useful to someone whether it be carrying out an IT project or just understanding points of failure and why they fail. I generally avoid management roles and like to stick with what I'm good at and enjoy, but I do consider all the high level stuff for every project that I work on.

MichelD
05-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Caddisguy,

When you talk programming lingo it is Greek to me (or is that Geek?) but as a layman I agree with the following statement:

"I suspect none of this framework or any sort of best practices were used. As a result, the bureaucracy likely hired some contractors that delivered a turd and ran."

That's what I think too. In fact if I put my conspiracy theorist hat on I wouldn't be surprised if some company close to the Liberals got the contract based on something other than competency.

Spy
05-28-2016, 04:51 PM
Caddisguy,

When you talk programming lingo it is Greek to me (or is that Geek?) but as a layman I agree with the following statement:

"I suspect none of this framework or any sort of best practices were used. As a result, the bureaucracy likely hired some contractors that delivered a turd and ran."

That's what I think too. In fact if I put my conspiracy theorist hat on I wouldn't be surprised if some company close to the Liberals got the contract based on something other than competency.
My thoughts exactly, and I have gone to the thicker gauge TF ??? FOI ??

Vladimir Poutine
05-28-2016, 07:01 PM
Caddisguy,

Well Duh! They always hire contractors. It's the business model that businesses love and consumers love to hate. For the businesses and governments, it's fewer people on the payroll to pay wages and benefits to. For the consumer, when something goes wrong, the contractor and the hiring entity can point at each other. No one to blame. In the case of the Government, it's a no lose situation. The taxpayer picks up the tab no matter what. Why do things correctly once when you can have it done twice for three times the cost?

j270wsm
05-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Blaming fellow hunters is a bit of a dick move. Is it the hunter's fault the system was faulty? **

Would it be Canada posts fault if you waited until the last minuet to mail your leh and it didn't make it by 4:30?? NO, it would be your fault, just like now when people are complaining the system was faulty. The system was only faulty at the start and end. I don't know anyone who had issues applying 2 weeks ago. I'm sure next year people won't wait until the last day.

Lastcar
05-28-2016, 09:13 PM
Would it be Canada posts fault if you waited until the last minuet to mail your leh and it didn't make it by 4:30?? NO, it would be your fault, just like now when people are complaining the system was faulty. The system was only faulty at the start and end. I don't know anyone who had issues applying 2 weeks ago. I'm sure next year people won't wait until the last day.

My real point which I probably didn't make well is there is no value in criticizing, belittling, or kicking other hunters when they are down. Doesn't help the hunting community to step on each other.

I am going on day 11 of being basically bedridden with pneumonia. So I am far more crotchety and willing to bicker online than normal. So take all my ramblings with a grain of salt.

You cherry picked my post. I also said:

Sure if you knew weeks ago what draws you wanted to put in for you should have put in.

And mentioned perhaps not everyone was in that position. Waiting to find out about holidays, waiting on hunting partners or as many have mentioned work schedule made it tricky. Any which way it isn't my business why they waited nor I am going to judge them on it.

You are right, if you chose to say to yourself everyday for the last month "bah, I'll just do it tomorrow" and all of a sudden it is Friday at 8pm then you are taking a risk. Which in this case didn't work out for some folks.

If you knew what you wanted to apply for, no reason to have waited. I think most people on here are acknowledging that is on them.

To be clear. I got my draws in. So as far my own needs go, I am all good. Last night around 8pm I did decide on a whim to put in for a "local" elk draw. But only because I could with the new online system. I sure as heck wouldn't have scrambled to buy another card on the old system with just enough time to spare to overnight it to Victoria. It was more a "heck why not?". So was a little miffed? Sure. But felt really bad for folks with now draws yet.

Your comparison to Canada Post is a good one.

Canada Post and their delivery schedule are a known entity. They state the normal delivery times and a person should probably add a buffer of an extra day or two for weather or a hiccup of some sort.

You also have the option to send them overnight for an additional cost. You also have the option to deliver them in person prior to the deadline. There were options for you above and beyond the normal postal system.

So you are right to say if someone waited to the point where the delivery system would not be capable then yes, they have ownership of that.

You certainly wouldn't expect them to take 10 days. If you sent them in 10 days in advance and they didn't get there on time, you'd be pretty frustrated.

With the online system, there was no option to pay an extra fee and be able to make sure your application was accepted. You could not hand deliver them by 11:59pm.

Online purchasing and registration for countless products, events/concerts and other items requiring your selection of product, event or other items, your contact information, and your payment information is also an extremely known entity. In fact, it is a part of everyday life and far more reliable than the postal system.

I can't even begin to guess how many millions of online transactions happen in a day.

Anyone can create and operate an eCommerce website for $29 a month with Shopify. This is not foreign territory.

There is nothing unique or special in what the government was trying to do here. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't just create a simple database that still needs to migrated to the software that runs the draw.

It would be 100% reasonable to assume that an online purchasing/registration system in 2016 for relatively small amount of people would be fully functional. Right up to the deadline.

J_T
05-28-2016, 10:51 PM
Well Duh! They always hire contractors. It's the business model that businesses love and consumers love to hate. For the businesses and governments, it's fewer people on the payroll to pay wages and benefits to. For the consumer, when something goes wrong, the contractor and the hiring entity can point at each other. No one to blame. In the case of the Government, it's a no lose situation. The taxpayer picks up the tab no matter what. Why do things correctly once when you can have it done twice for three times the cost?When Gov and a vender agree to a contract it is Gov that eatablish the high level objectives. Thats what contractors bid on. When a contract is signed they (Gov and the vender) become a team, working together they design a system that fits withe the overall Gov objectives. Until a system is in production, they can never fully anticipate how users/clients will use the system. Seldom is there any finger pointing. What there is, is an ongoing desire to continue to work together with feedback from users and by monitoring the system to enhance/modify it to ensure it meets any new requirements that were missed. Everyone must know, the design of any of these systems takes time to stabilize. They are seldom designed to allow an infinite number of users at one time on the system without impacting performance. Depending on the capital and operational budgets the enhancements will occur to rectify issues.

Midland
05-28-2016, 11:20 PM
I did not read this entire thread, but I did not have an issues at all when I applied a few weeks ago. The new online system is a great system, gone are the days of the paper cards that sometimes I wonder if they even got there. Now with this system, I enter and get a confirmation that I am in the draw. what more can you ask for, except a for a "priority draw" system like Alberta.

Vladimir Poutine
05-29-2016, 09:09 AM
When Gov and a vender agree to a contract it is Gov that eatablish the high level objectives. Thats what contractors bid on. When a contract is signed they (Gov and the vender) become a team, working together they design a system that fits withe the overall Gov objectives. Until a system is in production, they can never fully anticipate how users/clients will use the system. Seldom is there any finger pointing. What there is, is an ongoing desire to continue to work together with feedback from users and by monitoring the system to enhance/modify it to ensure it meets any new requirements that were missed. Everyone must know, the design of any of these systems takes time to stabilize. They are seldom designed to allow an infinite number of users at one time on the system without impacting performance. Depending on the capital and operational budgets the enhancements will occur to rectify issues.

You will have to excuse my cynicism. All good and cogent points, but it's right out of the handbook.

J_T
05-29-2016, 12:21 PM
^^ Sorry. Im not sure what you mean.

Ubertuber
05-29-2016, 01:13 PM
Extend the deadline because of the mad rush at the end? WTF....Forget that noise.
The system shouldn't have gone down, but really, did you expect it to run flawlessly the first time around? I sure didn't.

caddisguy
05-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Same as me. Different MU though. Maybe our LEH will count as a single?

Only time will tell! In my case it was just a last minute thought and figured why the heck not... it's fairly close by and it would be fun to head up the mountain and try calling in a moose one weekend early November. I don't think the area is too productive, but that wouldn't stop me from trying some moose hunting... not too serious about it though.

In my case I don't care much if it is switched to individual or becomes void, but for others in the same situation, I really hope it will be valid!! :)

elch jager
05-29-2016, 01:56 PM
Well.... one of our threesome couldn't join the group due to the teething pains of the online system, so now we only have a shot at one moose tag instead of two... Probably means the 3rd of our group won't even join us in camp. I won't be able to carry a centrefire unless it's his Guide Gun and he claims to be on bear patrol. He will be pissed if he is designated cook and grouse fetcher this year...

Sure, the majority procrastinated - but isn't that what men do best? Avoid commitment until there are no other options....

I got my three leh submitted one day before the deadline. Not very optimistic on the odds of being drawn for anything. Plan A will be a Trek to GOS areas and fallback is the leh...

elch jager
05-29-2016, 02:00 PM
Any truth to the rumour that the site was being hit by a well organized campaign by the anti-hunting movement.... drive traffic through the roof and c***block the evil bambi killers...

tinhorse
05-29-2016, 02:49 PM
You snooze you loose. Better odds for everyone that got their draws in on time. Oh well for all of us that didn't get in draws we wanted to.

caddisguy
05-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Any truth to the rumour that the site was being hit by a well organized campaign by the anti-hunting movement.... drive traffic through the roof and c***block the evil bambi killers...

Doubtful. It would have been more consistent rather than just after opening and the last day. If you're going to let a botnet run wild, might as well do it 24/7 the entire time.

The reality is the site/infrastructure was incapable of handling what we would consider low to moderate amounts of traffic. Probably a couple of machines with single core CPU's, 2GB RAM and inefficient code coupled with improper capacity planning and no incident management. Expectations met! :)

RiverOtter
05-29-2016, 03:32 PM
LEH rush should be over, what's wrong with the site now?

Got a basic ID and am logged in, but it won't let me get my FWID. Keeps asking me to check my hunter#, DOB and birthday, all of which are correct. Does the same for my wife on a different puter. Didn't try to set up additional accounts or anything else weird and have held a hunter# for decades, so WTF....
Half the time the main page won't even load.

steveo
05-29-2016, 03:56 PM
So when the system was over loaded and shutting down did it lose someones information that applied the first day you could?

RiverOtter
05-29-2016, 04:06 PM
Now I get access denied, even though I set up a basic ID. I click on log on again I and my profile/user name displays, but that's the end of the road.

Must be high traffic from all the guys getting a jump on next year.......:roll:

russm
05-29-2016, 04:32 PM
I haven't had any problems getting on the site at all, logged on and off multiple times, its nice being able to see that mine and my group entries were actually entered for a change and not being left wondering if they actually make it in the mail. With all the whining and complaining that it should be done online it's kind of surprising so many people waited until the last minute and essentially screwed themselves.

Slug Slayer
05-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Scathing email sent to the ministry and cc’d my MP. A deadline is a deadline and shouldn’t be a moving target due to utter incompetence. Bison and moose were easy decisions for me so I submitted those weeks ago. Elk required much more thought and I made a conscious decision to use as much of the allotted time to do my research. This isn’t a case of simple procrastination. I spent literally days scouring maps, Google Earth and driving all the way out to speak with landowners.

I was fully aware of the deadline and intended to use as much of the allotted time as possible to make an intelligent decision only to have the carpet yanked from under me due to the ministries incompetence. I tried without success to submit my application from 7:00 pm all the way to midnight. I think a one week extension is the only acceptable solution.

steelslinger
05-30-2016, 09:51 AM
Scathing email sent to the ministry and cc’d my MP. A deadline is a deadline and shouldn’t be a moving target due to utter incompetence. Bison and moose were easy decisions for me so I submitted those weeks ago. Elk required much more thought and I made a conscious decision to use as much of the allotted time to do my research. This isn’t a case of simple procrastination. I spent literally days scouring maps, Google Earth and driving all the way out to speak with landowners.

I was fully aware of the deadline and intended to use as much of the allotted time as possible to make an intelligent decision only to have the carpet yanked from under me due to the ministries incompetence. I tried without success to submit my application from 7:00 pm all the way to midnight. I think a one week extension is the only acceptable solution.

So a deadline is a deadline if it works for you... but if its doesn't they its shouldn't be a deadline? I think that's a joke. Should you get an extension if on your drive into the post office there is an accident and the roads blocked? Or you get a flat tire? boo fricking hoo.

Andrewh
05-30-2016, 10:01 AM

Maybe get your mom to call??

Slug Slayer
05-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Websters defenition... "the latest time or date by which something should be completed". Let's say we're running a 26 mile marathon and suddenly you're declared the winner at the 22 mile mark. Eff that!

300rum700
05-30-2016, 10:10 AM

Nothing was stopping you from going to a service bc counter and doing it from there. You left it until last minute and took advantage of being able to do it online and got caught in your own game, how the f*** would you get it there by mail at 7 pm on a Friday night if it was the old system?

wideopenthrottle
05-30-2016, 10:10 AM
LEH rush should be over, what's wrong with the site now?

Got a basic ID and am logged in, but it won't let me get my FWID. Keeps asking me to check my hunter#, DOB and birthday, all of which are correct. Does the same for my wife on a different puter. Didn't try to set up additional accounts or anything else weird and have held a hunter# for decades, so WTF....
Half the time the main page won't even load.

Double check at the top to see if you are logged on as yourself....also when searching for your licence do you have a last name like mc, mac, van den, van der, De, if so try space no space and capitals/no caps in different spots..that is what it took for my hunting partner..him and his dad were no space but there was a space in between for his mom

Slug Slayer
05-30-2016, 10:17 AM
Nothing was stopping you from going to a service bc counter and doing it from there. You left it until last minute and took advantage of being able to do it online and got caught in your own game, how the f*** would you get it there by mail at 7 pm on a Friday night if it was the old system?

That would be like mailing in my application to be there before the deadline only to have them say that they decided to close it a day early. Ridiculous!​

steelslinger
05-30-2016, 10:40 AM
That would be like mailing in my application to be there before the deadline only to have them say that they decided to close it a day early. Ridiculous!​

No. You waited till the end and got caught in a traffic jam. Big shock. No different than racing to the post office at 4:25 on the last day and getting pissed because you got a flat tire (or traffic jam) on the way.

300rum700
05-30-2016, 10:40 AM

No it's like you putting it in the mail Thursday and expecting it to be there by Friday.

RiverOtter
05-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Thanks WOT, I've tried several different tactics, includind subbing in my user name instead of surname. I'm definitely logged in as me, as per the status at the top of the page. Cleared cookies and all the usual stuff and even tried logging off and trying with my phone.

I get a message sometimes saying my ID doesn't grant me access for that service(FWID) , but allows me to log on for "other" services. I'm 100% positive I've only set up a basic ID and haven't attempted to do personal ID. Actually built an account for my wife on a separate computer to rule out weirdness with mine, but hers gets the same response.

I'm no puter programmer, but I'm far from illiterate when it comes to simple web sites, as the govt site should be. Completely read through the LEH thread before starting as well, to see where others were having trouble. Friggen frustrating dealing with ANYTHING the govt "Improves".

RiverOtter
05-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Currently on hold to the United States, waiting for a Front Counter BC agent.......nothing weird about that...:roll:

odie1830
05-30-2016, 12:16 PM
it sounds like u signed up for a PERSONAL BCeID u need to go and sign up for the BASIC BCeID and it should all work out, u may need to make a new user name and different email address than the one u used before . cheers hope that works for ya.

RiverOtter
05-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Naw, lady at front desk said I filled everything out properly, but had no explanation for why it wouldn't let me in, other than, "That's Weird".

Anywho, she ran my info through manually and got everything working for both my wife and I.

Now, just to figure out what draws to put in for with the 3 day extension........:wink:

RiverOtter
05-30-2016, 01:10 PM
...............................................:lo l::lol::lol::lol:

Cody1771
05-30-2016, 04:22 PM
heard from multiple people that they are giving 3 day extensions If, and only if, you phone in. and already had a BCeID and FWID. there is a small window to make corrections because they are still waiting for the last of the mailed in cards to show up. At the end of the day whether you agree or disagree with the decision is moot. move on.

caddisguy
05-30-2016, 04:48 PM
heard from multiple people that they are giving 3 day extensions If, and only if, you phone in. and already had a BCeID and FWID. there is a small window to make corrections because they are still waiting for the last of the mailed in cards to show up. At the end of the day whether you agree or disagree with the decision is moot. move on.

Just tried calling to see if they could get my wife in our last minute shared moose hunt. They have a recording that says something like "The deadline for the LEH draw has passed. There is no 3 day extension depite rumors blah blah blah." :)

swampdonkey
05-30-2016, 04:53 PM
And there shouldn't be a extension . Snooze you loose.You only had a few months to do it . Before you know it all these whiners are going to want the deer season extended because they didn't shoot nothing in the time it was open .

Cody1771
05-30-2016, 04:58 PM
Just tried calling to see if they could get my wife in our last minute shared moose hunt. They have a recording that says something like "The deadline for the LEH draw has passed. There is no 3 day extension depite rumors blah blah blah." :)
ha that's fantastic, then why do i keep hearing of people being able to do it? just to cause **** maybe? I don't agree at all there should be any sort of extention, i had all my draws in by 9am opening day, i just understand that me whining or complaining has 0 effect on the end outcome, if they are gonna give people extensions my complaining wont matter, just like, i guess people complaining about not getting extensions has no effect

caddisguy
05-30-2016, 06:02 PM
Not sure if it's people just trying to stir the pot or maybe hoping that if enough people call there will be an extension... or maybe there is no official/general extension but if people call and explain the situation they get a helping hand. After hearing the recording I'm not going to persue it. It is what it is.

I'm indifferent for the most part. I got in on the draws I wanted and was only impacted by a compulsive last minute shared draw my wife couldn't join. Based on all the previous reports of spordadic capacity issues since the site was launched I didn't expect it to work at all on the last day, but it half worked!! :)

That said, I feel for those who thought it would work and handle moderate capacity. That was some pretty weak stone-age infrastructure and folks who hadn't read about the ongoing problems had no idea. I do wish people would be a little more diplomatic versus all the sneering/belittling with the "its your fault for procrastinating... it was an untested system and you should have known" stuff. It's a bit petty and just creates more division. Not everyone who expects a website to be able to handle thousands or tens of thousands of visits is a fool. It's 2016. I remember getting slash-dotted and reddit'd to the tune of 20000hits/hour on a single 15 year old server that ran mysql and dos emulation that didn't even affect performance.

Disclosure: No out of town trips this year so wasn't really interested in LEH. We put in doe draws for 3-14 and night before the draw was due got to talking about how many trips it would take us to pack a bull moose (pillow-talk at the caddis-house) and decided we'd put in for 3-13 if the site worked and joked about how it probably wouldn't. Ended up with a shared hunt with only me in it. No expectations, no psychological investment, no disappointment.

BigfishCanada
05-30-2016, 06:11 PM
I know of a moose in 3-13 :) cow/calf or bull?

caddisguy
05-30-2016, 06:23 PM
I know of a moose in 3-13 :) cow/calf or bull?

I put in for the Bull. If by chance my singular shared hunt is valid, I figure we'd take a weekend early November and head up mountain from the Boston Bar side if passable and head back down the other side. We'd just be looking for tracks and poops then maybe try calling. Not too serious about it... part of me doesn't want it incase it affects my odds later when I am serious lol

2 people, 6 trips I figure it would take us to pack... a bit sore just thinking about it... good problem to have though!!

Rhyno
05-30-2016, 08:25 PM

Would you like a tissue?

boxhitch
05-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Final draw will be delayed this year due to the extra work load of the LEH office phoning all the applicants that tried and failed, to try and work out a solution , after all it is our fault.
Special effort will be given to those that indicated shared or group hunts where the connected applications did not get completed.
All other complaints will be weighed and an action plan will be built to try and appease anyone who had troubles or traffic jambs or flat tires.
We hope to have this sorted out before the opening of the first leh permit hunt start date , stay tuned.

(stirring popcorn icon)

J_T
05-30-2016, 08:53 PM
We should move away from LEH and go to something more reliable that guarantees hunter participation. Special Weapons. Now where is that popcorn?

caddisguy
05-30-2016, 09:06 PM
Final draw will be delayed this year due to the extra work load of the LEH office phoning all the applicants that tried and failed, to try and work out a solution , after all it is our fault.
Special effort will be given to those that indicated shared or group hunts where the connected applications did not get completed.
All other complaints will be weighed and an action plan will be built to try and appease anyone who had troubles or traffic jambs or flat tires.
We hope to have this sorted out before the opening of the first leh permit hunt start date , stay tuned.

(stirring popcorn icon)

lol thanks for the popcorn! :)

I don't think there will be any delays due to special efforts or anything like that. System fell over and it is what it is. They will get some negative feedback and hopefully improve for next year. For this year I am pretty sure the dead-line is the dead-line regardless of what happened. The counting will begin as planned.

skibum
05-30-2016, 10:08 PM
And there shouldn't be a extension . Snooze you loose.You only had a few months to do it .

You just had to check some boxes. should have been able to wait until 10 minutes before deadline to make an application.

Deadline give for a reason, not to let you know to apply months before it.

Fisher-Dude
05-30-2016, 10:11 PM
We should move away from LEH and go to something more reliable that guarantees hunter participation. Special Weapons. Now where is that popcorn?

I have a special 308. Should work just fine for a special weapons season.

Slug Slayer
05-31-2016, 07:58 AM
​I'm curious to see what a FOI request will uncover. There's no way they didn't know their Commodore 64 wasn't up to the task. ​

Gateholio
05-31-2016, 09:19 AM
​I'm curious to see what a FOI request will uncover. There's no way they didn't know their Commodore 64 wasn't up to the task. ​

Let us know what you find out.

BimmerBob
05-31-2016, 09:27 AM

LEH is just a cover-up for piss poor management of the resource and it seems to be working, look at how many suckers put in for LEH and even paid for the "privilege" of entering a lottery. If there is no GOS there should be no hunting, period. Time to man up and force the wildlife administrators to do the right thing and actually manage the resource they are entrusted to care for, for years now they seem to be inept and practicing a "buck passing protocol" where nobody takes responsibility.

J_T
05-31-2016, 09:32 AM
LEH is just a cover-up for piss poor management of the resource and it seems to be working, look at how many suckers put in for LEH and even paid for the "privilege" of entering a lottery. If there is no GOS there should be no hunting, period. Time to man up and force the wildlife administrators to do the right thing and actually manage the resource they are entrusted to care for, for years now they seem to be inept and practicing a "buck passing protocol" where nobody takes responsibility. Yup, it's easier to manage hunters (LEH) than it is to manage wildlife. And, generally, LEH satisfies the Guide Outfitter because it limits the number of hunters in their area.

luckofthedraw
06-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Only time will tell! In my case it was just a last minute thought and figured why the heck not... it's fairly close by and it would be fun to head up the mountain and try calling in a moose one weekend early November. I don't think the area is too productive, but that wouldn't stop me from trying some moose hunting... not too serious about it though.

In my case I don't care much if it is switched to individual or becomes void, but for others in the same situation, I really hope it will be valid!! :)

Confirmed. Mine counts as a single entry.

caddisguy
06-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Confirmed. Mine counts as a single entry.

Did they need to manually change anything to switch yours to individual or is it just automatically assumed? (ie: do I have to call in?)

Still not sure I actually want that draw. It seems to vary depending on my mood an energy level lol

If I get, I'll definitely get out there for a weekend and give it a rip. caddisgirl and I have agreed on a 2km for the road limit.... even that is probably pushing it (sore just thinking about it) ... probably trick a few friends into coming up "camping" :)

luckofthedraw
06-01-2016, 05:01 PM
I think it's automatic, but I did send them an email. They got back to me within 48 hours

Paulyman
06-01-2016, 11:41 PM
You just had to check some boxes. should have been able to wait until 10 minutes before deadline to make an application.

Deadline give for a reason, not to let you know to apply months before it.
Yup, totally agree.

Spy
06-02-2016, 12:21 AM
Yup, it's easier to manage hunters (LEH) than it is to manage wildlife. And, generally, LEH satisfies the Guide Outfitter because it limits the number of hunters in their area.
X2 much truth in this ^^^^^^ so sad actually !

Gateholio
06-02-2016, 08:22 AM

I could get behind a real primitive weapons season, using technology that was only available 200 years ago, like front stuffer muzzle loaders, black powder and traditional bows and traditional crossbows.

No plastic, no powder pellets, no pulley bows....

Only exception could be aiming systems for aging eyes for both bows and muzzle loaders.

Seeadler
06-02-2016, 12:01 PM

The issue seems to revolve around moose, maybe a choice needs to be made, maybe open up moose and if you participate you can't hunt any other ungulate that year. If I had to make that choice I would never apply for another moose tag. Or maybe youth should be guaranteed a tag.

Essential
06-02-2016, 01:32 PM
it`s funny how no one really complained that they had zero guarantee that the mailed in cards even made it to the office in time to be eligible for the draw. Plus there was never a way to tell if you were even in the draw! you would get a Nil if you weren't successful and a NIL if you were not even in the draw...The last minute, always late for dinner people just happily popped their cards in the mail with what I am sure was minutes to spare, satisfied that Canada post (another gov organization) would get them there by the magical 4pm.

At least we now have proof that we are in the draw at least!

My monies on the same people complaining next year that the damn incompetent system didn't work for them at 11:58pm.....again

Whonnock Boy
06-02-2016, 02:07 PM
A response from the ministry always included, at least as long as I can remember, the odds of the hunt you applied for. That verified that your application was submitted.

it`s funny how no one really complained that they had zero guarantee that the mailed in cards even made it to the office in time to be eligible for the draw. Plus there was never a way to tell if you were even in the draw! you would get a Nil if you weren't successful and a NIL if you were not even in the draw...The last minute, always late for dinner people just happily popped their cards in the mail with what I am sure was minutes to spare, satisfied that Canada post (another gov organization) would get them there by the magical 4pm.

At least we now have proof that we are in the draw at least!

My monies on the same people complaining next year that the damn incompetent system didn't work for them at 11:58pm.....again

wideopenthrottle
06-02-2016, 02:21 PM
A response from the ministry always included, at least as long as I can remember, the odds of the hunt you applied for. That verified that your application was submitted.
so in the past, if a card arrived late could they/would they send a letter saying you were unsuccessful or would the late cards just get shredded and no notice/letter?

j270wsm
06-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Ive never missed the leh deadline so I can't say for sure what happened. People probably found out when they didn't receive anything in the mail saying they were successful or unsuccessful.

Ltbullken
06-02-2016, 03:10 PM
ha that's fantastic, then why do i keep hearing of people being able to do it? just to cause **** maybe? I don't agree at all there should be any sort of extention, i had all my draws in by 9am opening day, i just understand that me whining or complaining has 0 effect on the end outcome, if they are gonna give people extensions my complaining wont matter, just like, i guess people complaining about not getting extensions has no effect

If there was a problem that you identified with your application to the LEH folks prior to the deadline, you kind of got an extension as they spent time fixing it and they were then able to process a correction passed the deadline.

caddisguy
06-02-2016, 03:10 PM

Weird. I never received anything in the mail from LEH the last two years. Always mailed them a month in advance and with tracking. They were always received.

j270wsm
06-02-2016, 03:23 PM
During the last 2 years the successful applicants were the only people that were notified by mail.

Whonnock Boy
06-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Ahhh yes. You both are correct. They recently changed as stated. I had successful draws the last two years, and the odds of unsuccessful entries were included. :mrgreen: