PDA

View Full Version : Valemount black bears?

Brew
05-04-2016, 09:29 PM
In Valemount this week for work and Im hoping to hunt tomorrow afternoon and Friday. I've never been here before and was looking for a good road to try for black bears.
Looks like great bear habitat up here. Hoping to find a big one. Any help is appreciated

Barry

PressurePoint
05-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Drive wide green logging roads between 5pm and dark. Find bear shit and Ull find bears. It's polluted up there for black bears. If you feeling like stopping and glassing a nice green cut go for it.

Find where the bugs are bad and there is green grass and you'll find yogi

butcher
05-05-2016, 07:01 AM
Have seen lots out toward Shere Lake. Head towards Tete Jaune Cache, take a left on Blackman road and follow it.

Brew
05-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys. Went down a couple roads today. Saw three bears. The second one was a shooter but he winded me before I could get a shot off. The Mosquitos are brutal in different areas up there. Super nice country. Lots of moose tracks everywhere I went.

Whonnock Boy
05-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Moose???? Dana says there are no moose up there. You must be mistaking massive buck tracks for moose tracks. ;)

Lots of moose tracks everywhere I went.

Brew
05-05-2016, 11:03 PM
I actually found a massive Muley shed but it was chewed up so much you couldn't count points but the base was massive.
I saw lots off moose tracks on the east side of kinbasket lake at 55km as well as lots of moose tracks on the north Thompson fsr. Lots of deer tracks as well and bear scat everywhere.
i wanted to stay and hunt for one full day but I've been away with work so much I decided it was better to head home. I worked in campbell River Sunday Monday Tuesday then all the way to Valemount for one night and a day. Just got home. Would love to hunt but living and working on the road is starting to get old.