PDA

View Full Version : Special Sheep Draw

05-04-2016, 01:48 PM
How do I apply for the Special Sheep Draw?? I'm not seeing a link on the LEH screen??

.264winmag
05-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Iirc they are not to be sent in until a latter date? So maybe not an option yet...

Weatherby Fan
05-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Maybe still be on the paper tickets and May have to buy at Service BC ?

.264winmag
05-04-2016, 02:55 PM
More importantly where/when would a guy hunt if successful? A good thread perhaps...

ditch donkey
05-04-2016, 03:13 PM
if you are draw for the special sheep tag are you only allowed to hunt
sheep in areas that are open for GOS or are LEH areas open as well?

VLD43
05-04-2016, 03:20 PM
How do I apply for the Special Sheep Draw?? I'm not seeing a link on the LEH screen??

I phoned the LEH Office last week, inquiring about this very draw. They told me that they have not posted it, or made it available yet. So it should be online in a little while. Keep checking the LEH wesite

nazarow
05-04-2016, 08:35 PM
It says online the draw will be open for applications early June and due July 8th.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/important-notices/hunting.html

bighornbob
05-04-2016, 11:00 PM
if you are draw for the special sheep tag are you only allowed to hunt
sheep in areas that are open for GOS or are LEH areas open as well?

Any gos or leh season is good to go for the special draw..

bhb

bighornbob
05-04-2016, 11:20 PM
More importantly where/when would a guy hunt if successful? A good thread perhaps...

It all depends what type of sheep you are looking for, where you live and what kind of shape you are in. Most guys go for a rocky in the koots but a November hunt there can be quite daunting for those that aren't totally prepared to hunt in a foot of snow and high up the mountains. Could expect a ram around 190.

on the opposite end one could hunt a Cali in Kamloops lake country a lot easier in way better weather and with minimal climbing. The Rams here could come close to 180 for a hunter that was patient with what he shot.

Personally I would go chase dalls as I already have a big rocky and decent Cali taken in the regular season. That is if they open the season July 15. I just looked at the regs and it says the opener would be August. 1 where in the past it was July 15. If I had to hunt with the other leh holders I may not choose this hunt, but if I could hunt 15 days before anyone else then I would be there and I could be a bit choosy. If not I would hunt my back yard and shoot a monster Cali in or around Kamloops lake or maybe take a peak at Spences bridge too as its so close. I would have the Kamloops lake Rams named like they do in the states and would leave it to the bitter end waiting for that potential 190 ram.

BHb

.264winmag
05-05-2016, 07:30 AM
I see they bumped the opener up a couple weeks,sob's. But its still open late. Be interesting to hunt the rut for BH or TH, but likely stick closer to home like you say. Little bit like shooting fish in a bbl around the 'Loops, but hey its all about inches right!
Whatever I end up chasing its gonna be quite an adventure with good friends.