PDA

View Full Version : Any black bears in Clearwater?

Seabass
04-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Ive never been to the Clearwater area but I am going camping there (falls creek) with a bunch of my wifes friends... So while the lady's chat around the fire Id like to go find a black bear there, are they abundant? Any general areas anyone can suggest? Im only there over may long weekend. Thank you.

Vladimir Poutine
04-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Try TFL 18 aka The Management. Road 2 is the main. Goes from Clearwater all the way thru to the 108. Road 10 off of Road 2 is a good choice. McLennan Mt FSR is also a good choice. Road 80 is real close to where you will be camping and you never know. The junction at Road 80 will also take you into the Trophy Meadow Road. Check your regs for that one. There is another spur road past the Trophy Meadow road that you could also try. Another good bet is the Lolo Lake road off of Road 2. Stay on that as there are all kinds of spur roads as you start heading down toward the North Thompson. Have seen quite a few bears there. Good luck.

smallfry14
04-26-2016, 07:07 PM
Try TFL 18 aka The Management. Road 2 is the main. Goes from Clearwater all the way thru to the 108. Road 10 off of Road 2 is a good choice. McLennan Mt FSR is also a good choice. Road 80 is real close to where you will be camping and you never know. The junction at Road 80 will also take you into the Trophy Meadow Road. Check your regs for that one. There is another spur road past the Trophy Meadow road that you could also try. Another good bet is the Lolo Lake road off of Road 2. Stay on that as there are all kinds of spur roads as you start heading down toward the North Thompson. Have seen quite a few bears there. Good luck.

What he said. This is my first year hunting Clearwater bears and I've spent a bunch of time over the last few weeks in a couple of those spots ( won't say which ones till i tag out ;) ) and I've been into a decent amount of bears, some of which were pretty good size.

swampthing
04-26-2016, 07:17 PM
Great bear population around them parts. I always went a bit further north but its all the same type of country. Thick n ugly.

Seabass
04-27-2016, 05:50 AM
Thank you fellas, your collective information will be of great help.

4 point
04-28-2016, 07:48 AM
Know of a guy in Kamloops that goes by Seabass.