PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a direct number for a CO with knowledge of region 5-03

Busterpayton54
04-22-2016, 03:06 PM
I've been trying to get clarification of some motor vehicle restriction in 5-03 allllll effin day. It's been nothing but a run around, which started out calling the number in the regs for the 100mile CO, which is disconnected but another number is provided. I've been transferred all over, given 5 or 6 numbers. What a joke.

Im ready to report myself as a poacher.

RiverOtter
04-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Too funny.....

Can't get a hold of anyone who knows anything when trying to educate yourself, but guaranteed if you bump into a CO while driving around that area, he'll know every minute detail of the new law and "inform" you accordingly.....

jessonml
04-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Lots of good stuff here while you wait for a call back .. if this part of 5-3 is what your wanting to learn more about that is.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/churn_crk/

srupp
04-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Hmmm biggest issue is you can not cross the new Tlcotin land area.
Nothing or you will be prosecuted..
The specific gentleman you want..is Len Butler. .he is head of the CO service up here. .he really is a great guy..but decisions have been made far far above his pay grade .I have a map of the excluded area.
Cheers
Steven

srupp
04-22-2016, 04:29 PM
Same guy for 503..I was thinking of 5..04...5.05
Steven

Busterpayton54
04-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Oh man, I just had it all written out but I sent it in a moment of no reception and lost it all, and it just so happens when I arrived back in town I caught a CO in a drive through and asked him, however he was not able to tell me if hungry valley is closed to trucks or not.

So my question was.. Map e8, 2800 Rd closed south of 35km. Well this is where the 2800 cuts off the east tip of hungry valley.

The regs state this includes all branches off the 2800 south of 35km. The regs only show grey on the east side of 2800.

He stated all branches, even west of 2800 below 35km.

Ok fair enough.
but is hungry valley the boundary, is it included or excluded. What if I access it from another area?
Well you know you are going to a particular area so you must know if it's restricted or not!...
Well no, that's what I'm asking you. You can access it from 2800, 3800, an old jeep road from big creek, you can get everywhere from everywhere out there. Does this mean big creek fsr is restricted because it's connected to 2800 Rd 30km away? What if I access it from the old jeep trail from gaspard lake, thought whales creek, whales mountain?
I'm not sure, you'll have to take this up with Williams lake fish and game, we don't make the regulations we just enforce them and I've never had these questions raised and we don't really focus on this area.

he couldn't clear up the inaccuracy of the southern boundary, particularly how the southern corner connects/attaches to churn creek 6km north of the lateral watershed it follows.

All in all, even taking in person I'm not really any further ahead. What a joke.

RiverOtter
04-22-2016, 07:03 PM
^^^^And yet, when he's out there to enforce, it'll be crystalline.....

quadrakid
04-23-2016, 06:16 AM
you can email them your question, print out answer.

Busterpayton54
04-24-2016, 10:18 AM
Hmmm biggest issue is you can not cross the new Tlcotin land area.
Nothing or you will be prosecuted..
The specific gentleman you want..is Len Butler. .he is head of the CO service up here. .he really is a great guy..but decisions have been made far far above his pay grade .I have a map of the excluded area.
Cheers
Steven

we came upon their gate/sign at 45km on red mtn Rd. Regretfully we did not head further down 2800 towards dash and lone valley. We we also came across a gate at the stobbart creek bridge on 3200rd. Why is the 3200gated?

we also dropped down one of the old trails off 2800 to stobie lake, which heads to gaspard lake, we went a few I'm but it was too muddy down there for us alone so we retreated, headed out to farewell canyon, Williams lake and back to 100mile.

Lots of deer, probably 35. We saw 2 moose, one hopping the fence eastward just before we took the westward trail to stobie, and another feeding on the other side of stobie.

Very little sign of bear, only some scat out near gustafsen area. Lots of wolf sign everywhere from 100 mile to dog creek Rd near its convergence of meadowl lake Rd. Didn't see any out west of gang.