PDA

View Full Version : Bill S-223, No Semi Auto's for Hunters

longshot
04-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Well I am sure most of you have heard about this, but my main concern is hunters will not be allowed to own and have in our home, or use for hunting a semi auto shotgun or rifle. This is absolutely nuts of the Liberal government, and I think we all should do our part to send in letters explaining that even if they take away all of our LEGALLY purchased and used recreational firearms, that the murders will not stop. If someone wants a firearm, license or not, over the counter or underground... someone knows someone who knows that guy with a connection to another guy, who will get an illegal gun. Taking away our privilege to semi auto's will not help the matter in any way.

http://nncfb.ca/bill-s-223-read-second-time/

silveragent
04-22-2016, 11:40 AM
This is a private members bill so it is nothing more than a trial balloon that will generate some noise. It will not get out of the senate and the previous one did not either the first time she submitted it.

I do find the language of it very interesting. She obviously had had help in crafting it. It seeks to separate hunters from shooters and collectors and to the uninformed public it satisfies their fear of private ownership but makes them feel better for 'allowing' the tradition of hunting to continue. So it seeks to divide shooters while also trying to carve off those in the public who still accept hunting but are frightened of scary handguns and black rifles.

I hope those who are informed do not give in to the strategy of division. In fact it shows its hand more clearly than previous attempts. By trying to take away semi-automatics from hunters it is a clear sign they will go further. What next? Pump shotguns? as in the Australian confiscations? And then lever action? In the end will there be a bill that only allows hunters to shoot with O/U and single shots?

Dutch
04-29-2016, 06:59 AM
If you read the bill semi auto shotguns with a barrel over 18.5 inches are allowed but the language is ambiguous I had that pointed out in another forum