PDA

View Full Version : Help me make sense of the 5-03 restrictions please.

Busterpayton54
04-20-2016, 08:46 PM
What exactly are they saying. I want to be sure not to misinterpret anything. Also, is there a more detailed map of these closure areas? The illustrations are garbage. The height of land does not follow that path. Where does the line intersect with the southern end of churn creek?

3200 is restricted south of the st ovary creek bridge, no mention of its side roads, some of which can take you further south than the bridge. Is the bridges latitude the marker?

i can't recall which is the 2800rd or 3200rd on the map. 2800
is restricted beyond 35km. If the 2800 is indeed the Rd I believe it is, does this mean no access to hungry valley for any hunting. And what exactly to they mean by restricted, which brings me to my next question.. Closures for hunting purposes. Does this include wolf, or bear?

access for commercial purposes other than hunting is allowed. Does that mean other than guide/outfitters?

if one was to access these areas for camping via vehicle does it become a crime to shoot a snowshoe hare?

Busterpayton54
04-20-2016, 10:27 PM
I am intending to take the fsr down into hungry valley, taking my truck as far as possible then hoofing it on foot. I've always gone in via the old jeep road from gaspard lake, over whales mtn, and into the middle of the valley just west of stobbart peak, by the cow camp. Once I took the fsr from where it crosses the jeep trail, and once exited at the east end of hungry valley where an fsr crosses it south to north.

Im not particular as to which road I take, or where I enter the valley, however this being a pavement oriented truck, the jeep trail is out of the question.

the reason for this trip is just to get away from town, take a wolf or bear if presented.

RiverOtter
04-21-2016, 04:00 AM
A vehicle closure for hunting is just that. Unless dates are posted or otherwise specified, wolf, bear and hare are out too. Outfitter is bound by the same rules.

Not sure on the other roads to access the area, but I would imagine all affected access points will get signage.

You may need to contact the CO service that oversees that area.

RiverOtter
04-21-2016, 04:02 AM
If your just camping and not hunting, I don't see an issue.

swampthing
04-23-2016, 07:11 AM
That 5-3 area is a tough one to figure out. I have had several long talks with COs while in there and they all have a diiferent idea too. I was with a guy who had a deer taken away and was fined for driving in a closed area. Turns out the area wasn't closed and the fine was rescinded but the deer was long gone by then. There is the huge atv closure in there as well. Pretty easy to find multiple off roaders up there in camping season. I have spent lots of time around the 5-3/3-32 country.

BgBlkDg
04-23-2016, 07:28 AM
I used to go there often, usually hunting alone, camping in my various mountain tents and hiking from my '84 Toyota LB 4x4, a real little bush rig.

Then, the NDP started the BS about "race based" hunting policies and I was warned by a CO, to NOT leave my base camp in any of the old BCFS camp sites as certain persons would steal/burn it, NOT "GOs" and I gradually stopped going there.

The restrictions ARE difficult to figure out and I suspect that is done deliberately to mollify a certain group. Hope I am wrong, but, given recent policies in BC, it sure seems as though this is the case.

It bothers me when the COs cannot agree on precisely what any regs. mean.......seems rather self-limiting, to me.