PDA

View Full Version : LEH open for online submission April 25

Sharpish
04-18-2016, 09:37 AM
From the government website, the online LEH will be open for submission next Monday.. wonder when the LEH regs will come out?

Sharpish
04-18-2016, 09:50 AM
I called. The paper regs have been sent to the printers. The ministry staff person said they will be online latest by the 25th.

Let the fun begin! :-)

boilerroom
04-18-2016, 02:34 PM
try here: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/docs/leh_16_17.pdf

thanks to Rackmastr!

HarryToolips
04-18-2016, 03:17 PM
^^^^^^Woo thanks!!!!

Piperdown
04-18-2016, 05:24 PM
wow i see 6-04 got absolutely hammer for moose draws, i guess the guides are doing the snoopy dance probably get handed the others :(

ROY-alty33
04-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Has anyone even attempted to get the BCID yet?

dellis
04-18-2016, 09:53 PM
wow i see 6-04 got absolutely hammer for moose draws, i guess the guides are doing the snoopy dance probably get handed the others :(

Guides are probably having quota cut as well.......moose populations are down quite a bit in that, and surrounding regions.
Darcy

Piperdown
04-19-2016, 06:50 AM
Guides are probably having quota cut as well.......moose populations are down quite a bit in that, and surrounding regions.
Darcy

I hope you are right but when they where discussing this is was about the resident hunters not having a high enough success rate... so wasted tags!

dellis
04-19-2016, 09:42 AM
I hope you are right but when they where discussing this is was about the resident hunters not having a high enough success rate... so wasted tags!

All the GO I know have had moose quotas reduced. One small outfitter went from 11 moose tags per year to 4. All central interior outfitters, I have no idea about other regions. I just didn't want to see this thread turn into another blame the outfitters thread. I think we have enough of those:grin:

Moose populations are down, harvest needs to be reduced, and from what I have seen, it gets reduced for all the regulated stakeholders, more or less fairly.

Darcy

monasheemountainman
04-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Anybody apply yet? Is it easy?

huntcoop
04-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Anybody apply yet? Is it easy?

Gov't system is not ready yet.

Piperdown
04-19-2016, 01:02 PM
All the GO I know have had moose quotas reduced. One small outfitter went from 11 moose tags per year to 4. All central interior outfitters, I have no idea about other regions. I just didn't want to see this thread turn into another blame the outfitters thread. I think we have enough of those:grin:

Moose populations are down, harvest needs to be reduced, and from what I have seen, it gets reduced for all the regulated stakeholders, more or less fairly.

Darcy

I hope you are right i have a call into the co there who i have gotten to know quite well. I will post if i hear anything

New Bow Hunter
04-19-2016, 01:54 PM
I am going to play devil's advocate here.
Why are we allowing a calf Moose season?
Why do we allow Spike-fork bull season? These guys have to be able to get a chance to grow up.
There will come a time when all Moose hunting will be on draw only.
Please move to open chat. Thanks

Sharpish
04-19-2016, 02:45 PM
I'm not too stoked on the lamb/ewe tags in Kamloops. Ditch those doZen tags and offer 4 more RAM tags.

Piperdown
04-21-2016, 03:54 PM

Darcy

Well got the call back from the co, he stated that the resident hunters were hit much harder on the moose reductions than the guide outfitters, so there you have it folks!

ruger#1
04-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Canadian tire has the paper LEH. I picked one up today. Hunting and fishing license. $71.40.

ACE
04-21-2016, 04:31 PM
Has anyone even attempted to get the BCID yet?

I have the BCID card.

dellis
04-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Well got the call back from the co, he stated that the resident hunters were hit much harder on the moose reductions than the guide outfitters, so there you have it folks!

I just looked at the numbers for LEH for those regions.......wow, I didn't realize they had been cut that drastically.
I'd still like to see what the outfitter quota cuts looked like for this season to compare before I start screaming foul.

Also, remember there is still a GOS for bulls and 3 different archery GOS for bulls in those regions. Not like region 5 with all moose on LEH.

Darcy

Ferenc
04-21-2016, 06:13 PM
I tried today at Front Counter.. System was down.. But this morning they had done only one... But I did grab a couple hard copies of the Leh... Said to come in tomorow for the numbers and try again if I want

Piperdown
04-22-2016, 06:46 AM
I just looked at the numbers for LEH for those regions.......wow, I didn't realize they had been cut that drastically.
I'd still like to see what the outfitter quota cuts looked like for this season to compare before I start screaming foul.

Also, remember there is still a GOS for bulls and 3 different archery GOS for bulls in those regions. Not like region 5 with all moose on LEH.

Darcy

I haven't seen if they have keep the open season or the archery the same do you have the new regs? If so are they the same?

dellis
04-25-2016, 11:32 AM
I haven't seen if they have keep the open season or the archery the same do you have the new regs? If so are they the same?

I have not heard of any proposed changes to those regs, I think the new regs are out early summer.
Darcy