PDA

View Full Version : Binoculars off the tripod….. what adaptor do you like?

RiverRunner
04-17-2016, 07:59 AM
As the title says……

I have an inexpensive Bushnell adaptor that is very similar to the Vortex one, It's ok. But I am considering one like a Field optics Research adaptor so I don't have to keep threading and unthreading…
The Outdoorsman looks awesome too, but considerably expensive….

sooooooo…….For those who bino glass of the tripod…. what are you using?

Big Lew
04-17-2016, 12:16 PM
My Nikon 16x50 binos came with an adapter that is basically a right angle piece of metal that is screwed
onto the binos tensioner (have to remove the stock screw and replace it with one with a longer shaft) and
the other end is screwed onto the tri-pod plate with the tri-pod's screw. I leave the attachment on the binos
because it doesn't get in the way while being ready when needed.

RiverRunner
04-30-2016, 08:08 PM
well I went with my gut and picked up a Field Optics Research tripod adaptor….
I'm enjoying the way it sets up...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/rodflyrod/Mobile%20Uploads/image_31.jpeg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/rodflyrod/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_31.jpeg.html)

SR80
05-01-2016, 07:05 AM
looks nice, where did you get it from?

huntcoop
05-01-2016, 08:06 AM
How does the base clip/attach to the tripod head? I have a manfrotto that uses the quick release plates, have 2 plates, one on the camera and one on the video camera. Would this just clip in like those plates do?

huntcoop
05-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Looking closer is seems to have a different shaped base.

RiverRunner
05-02-2016, 12:06 PM
How does the base clip/attach to the tripod head? I have a manfrotto that uses the quick release plates, have 2 plates, one on the camera and one on the video camera. Would this just clip in like those plates do?
Fortunately for you it mates up with Manfroto... For my vortex ssp.. I needed another quick attach plate.

RiverRunner
05-02-2016, 12:09 PM
looks nice, where did you get it from?
eBay was the best price I could get. $30 and $10 for shipping to Abby. US$
Came fast too...

S&S Archery wanted $35 +20$ I think... US$

SR80
05-04-2016, 06:24 AM
do your binos sit pretty tight on top? Is there any play?

RiverRunner
05-04-2016, 06:31 PM
do your binos sit pretty tight on top? Is there any play?
Definitely tight enough, but there is some very slight play. The tensioner is also adjustable, but that means removing the glass when done would be a little more intensive. I'm using a pan handle head, so personal contact to the bino's is minimal when viewing. I imagine if I had a ball head, I might notice some play, or maybe not as I would have more positive contact with the whole deal…..