PDA

View Full Version : NEW Mystery Ranch packs..

SR80
04-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Who has a new MR pack on preorder? What are your thoughts?

Weatherby Fan
04-16-2016, 08:10 AM
They certainly are lighter than the previous edition, I looked them over at the Grouse River booth at the outdoor show,(thanks Justin) ,

I liked the Scapegoat as a daypack and the Marshall for a extended trips, the only difference now is the bags are integrated to the frames so no more bag swapping like on the Nice frames !

I have two nice frames and a 5500 Wolf Bag(made overseas) which is a heavier material than the last bunch made so my pack is pretty heavy to start with.

I may upgrade if price is right........not sure if its an upgrade but maybe shave a Cpl pounds off ???

604ksmith
04-16-2016, 08:31 AM
I have a Marshall on pre-order, however had to do it via blind faith online. I've never even seen an MR pack in person before.

I'm hoping they're lighter and nearly as bomb-proof. I guess time will tell. Either way, with the dollar the way it is, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a bag of similar quality in that price range. Even stepping down to a "lesser bag" and paying the FX and duty charges to ship it up here you'd be in the same price range or higher.

Can't wait for the early May timeline from Grouse River.

BgBlkDg
04-16-2016, 08:38 AM
The Philipines-made ones I have examined are NOT of the same quality as the Bozeman-made models, but, seem OK, all in all.

I consider the original Bozeman Dana Design and Mystery Ranch packs the best I have ever used in 59+ years of carrying packs and have NEVER had a problem with one in use.

They are a bit heavier and costly, but. last forever and carry real weight better then anything else I have used.

RiverRunner
04-16-2016, 02:10 PM
I use a NICE frame with a 3000cui Overload bag.

i checked out the new Metcalf and frame at the outdoor show.
its nice. I would switch if I didn't have as much invested in mine as it's worthless now for resale because I've hacked and slashed so much off of it!

my buddy has a new Metcalf in order. I'm excited to try it with weight.

Are you moving away from Kifaru?

SR80
04-17-2016, 07:49 AM
I checked out the bags/frames at grouse river the other weekend. Bags look as good as the US made ones. Not too sure about frames, look a lot less cushy compared to the original nice frames, but that is to be expected with almost 2 lbs of weight savings. Time will tell though. Guys that have tested the frames and bags say they are just as good but lighter.

Lukeez88
10-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Now that the hunting season is well underway, I'm sure some of you have had a good chance to test the limits of these new mystery ranch packs with the guide light frame. SO what is the verdict as far as quality/comfort/functionality. My old camp trails has done me well and never let me down, but its time is up. its time to move on

twoSevenO
10-09-2016, 02:06 PM
glad to see they finally came around and introduced a hipbelt where you pull forward to tighten instead of to the sides. It's like a thousand times easier and faster to get a tight fit than side pulls.

That price though .... $595US :O .... damn.