PDA

View Full Version : Bear Scents

Edge
04-15-2016, 07:00 PM
I know that there is NO hunting bears over bait in BC BUT, how about the use of scents either scent sticks or spays? Anyone know the answer ?

moosecamp
04-15-2016, 08:52 PM
I would say no. Its a manufactured product.

Bait
- means anything, including meat, cereals, cultivated crops, restrained animal or any manufactured product or material, that may attract wildlife and includes plastic or other imi-tation foods, but does not include a decoy as described under these regulations

Edge
04-16-2016, 12:43 AM
I would say no. Its a manufactured product.

Bait
- means anything, including meat, cereals, cultivated crops, restrained animal or any manufactured product or material, that may attract wildlife and includes plastic or other imi-tation foods, but does not include a decoy as described under these regulations

So, a natural oil, it wouldn't be manufactured right? or how bout a bear decoy that smelt like a bear or a fish or a bees nest ?

Decoy - means any material or manufacturedproduct that simulates the appearance or hasthe form of wildlife.

moosecamp
04-16-2016, 07:21 AM
So, a natural oil, it wouldn't be manufactured right? or how bout a bear decoy that smelt like a bear or a fish or a bees nest ?

Decoy - means any material or manufacturedproduct that simulates the appearance or hasthe form of wildlife.

The first two words '' means anything '' that might get you into trouble here. You are now turning something that is visual into something that may attract wildlife, '' bait ''.

Edge
04-16-2016, 07:24 AM
The first two words '' means anything '' that might get you into trouble here. You are now turning something that is visual into something that may attract wildlife, '' bait ''.

No, I hear ya....I didn't really think it would fly after you pointed out the "bait" definition but thought it was worth another run at it....lol...anyway..spot & stalk it is ..:smile:

moosecamp
04-16-2016, 07:38 AM
You can always use a predator call. A rabbit or fawn in distress call works well.

boxhitch
04-16-2016, 08:17 AM
or cook up some bacon on the tailgate for a brunch , and don't get that can of honey too close to the burner as it will burn and be smelled for miles.