PDA

View Full Version : priority within LEH

capt hook
04-15-2016, 02:46 AM
do BC residents get first priority in the LEH?
or can a Alberta resident also enter the Kooteney Elk with same chances?

Wild Images
04-15-2016, 03:32 AM
Non residents can't enter LEH

Frango
04-15-2016, 09:08 AM
do BC residents get first priority in the LEH?
or can a Alberta resident also enter the Kooteney Elk with same chances?
I think this question was asked with hope and with fingers crossed. I can see the wish but every BC hunter is saying to themselves," Over my dead body.".But can't hurt to ask.

capt hook
04-15-2016, 11:03 AM
I think this question was asked with hope and with fingers crossed. I can see the wish but every BC hunter is saying to themselves," Over my dead body.".But can't hurt to ask.

i hope u have better luck at hunting than you do at assuming...
Westcoaster born and raised.

604redneck
04-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Are you new to hunting?

Brno22F
04-15-2016, 11:50 AM

My son is also BC born and raised but currently a Saskatchewan resident. He can only hunt big game here in BC under a "Permit to Accompany" and only for species under general open season. LEH is for resident hunters only.
Have a look through the BC Hunting Regulations synopsis. It is online at http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/ It is a long read but should answer your questions.

Drillbit
04-15-2016, 11:58 AM
It's amazing Alberta lets BC residents apply for LEH and BC doesn't return the favour. You'd think AB would put an end to it.

russm86
04-15-2016, 12:19 PM
It's amazing Alberta lets BC residents apply for LEH and BC doesn't return the favour. You'd think AB would put an end to it.

Yea, but they are desperate for our money now!! lol

IronNoggin
04-15-2016, 01:40 PM

SSSSHHHHHH!!!!! :wink:

Bigdoggdon
04-16-2016, 06:24 PM
They don't allow non-residents to apply for LEH because non-residents MUST be accompanied by a guide or licensed BC hunter with a Permit to Accompany. If they let non-residents apply for LEH there's a chance that someone might try to skirt the system and the guide association is has too many lobbyists to miss out on getting their pound of flesh from non-residents.