PDA

View Full Version : Excuse Me ... Where are our "new" hunter numbers??

40incher
04-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Maybe I've missed something, but ...

According to the MFLNRO bureaucrats we BC resident hunters were supposed to have been issued a new hunter number in early April??

Supposedly, we can't buy any licenses until this is done. Supposedly, we can't apply for LEH without this "new improvement" to the system?!

Hunting season are now open for bear ... WTH! I'd say WTF but that would be politically incorrect it seems.

C'mon now bureaucrats ... let's get it together boys and girls, or perhaps we should contract the whole dysfunctional system out to real people who can meet a deadline? I would vote for the latter.

PressurePoint
04-07-2016, 09:53 PM
I went old school and went to Canadian tire
and the Bc access centre in Prince George for My leh's. Just something about getting out the leh draw papers, looking up the codes and writing tjem
down on a card, putting postage on them and waking to the mailbox.

Good Old Outdoors
04-07-2016, 10:22 PM
I bought a bear tag and renewed my license already with just the 6 digit hunter number. I read the MOE page and said that the new numbers will be our 6 digit numbers plus 3 extra numbers. And once the new online LEH is up and running you will be able to register for the new " Fish and Wildlife Identification" number. So for those of us that will be doing the online registration for LEH we will be able to get our new number then and for those who don't put in for LEH or are still boycotting it they can just register for the number alone. Hope this helps.

scotty30-06
04-07-2016, 10:26 PM
Yup it does

charlie_horse
04-07-2016, 10:38 PM
you can still get a hunting license and a bear tag the old fashioned way this year. Its only the leh that is changing this year, open season stays the same until next year.

Wentrot
04-08-2016, 05:53 AM
when you log onto the new online hunting services you will need your hunter number, last name and date of birth if that is all a match you will get into the system. At this point you do not need to get a duplicate card they are being retired and the Fish and Wildlife ID (FWID) will take it over. When the data is converted over to the new system all those with hunter numbers will be generated a new FWID. Once you log onto the system you will get your FWID in your profile. The launch for the new system will be near the end of April watch our website for the launch.

Wentrot
04-08-2016, 05:54 AM
Clip from an email this week^^

Squamch
04-08-2016, 06:51 AM
The .gov.bc website said business as usual until they figure out their asses from their elbows. I may have paraphrased slightly.

Will there be a hard copy of the LEH papers this year? Are they already out online? I can't find them...

Arctic Lake
04-08-2016, 07:14 AM
I went old school and went to Canadian tire
and the Bc access centre in Prince George for My leh's. Just something about getting out the leh draw papers, looking up the codes and writing tjem
down on a card, putting postage on them and waking to the mailbox.

Hi PressurePoint

Are you saying you picked up a printed version of the new LEH at Access B.C. / Canadian Tire ? I have been to Service B.C. a few times now and they say they are not out in printed version yet ?

Thanks
Arctic Lake

Mikey Rafiki
04-08-2016, 07:15 AM
It's still early April... and nobody should be surprised if things take longer than anticipated.

PressurePoint
04-08-2016, 07:16 AM
Hi PressurePoint

Are you saying you picked up a printed version of the new LEH at Access B.C. / Canadian Tire ? I have been to Service B.C. a few times now and they say they are not out in printed version yet ?

Thanks
Arctic Lake
i went to Canadian tire and got a hand written licence, I got my tags for my g bear and black at wholesale and I got the old leh cards at service Bc. All the old ones and nothing printed out.

mike-juliet
04-08-2016, 08:38 AM
No paper LEH regs yet, the only vendors selling paper LEH entires are those who had stock left over from last year. I'm not sure if we can expect paper LEH regs this year during the transition or not.

Getting a license this year is the same as last, only difference is the number that will be filled into the license. For those of us with existing RHN cards the 6 digits are staying the same with an additional three being added in front.

kebes
04-08-2016, 09:01 AM
The .gov.bc website said business as usual until they figure out their asses from their elbows. I may have paraphrased slightly.

Will there be a hard copy of the LEH papers this year? Are they already out online? I can't find them...

Due to the change over The synopsis wont be out until mid July. The draw will be run in late September. GOABC and the Liberals throw a party.

russm86
04-08-2016, 10:14 AM
So if the new number is supposed to be a FISH and WILDLIFE ID, what happens to the fishing number we currently have?

GoatGuy
04-08-2016, 10:47 AM
If you need a hunting license this spring go buy it at a vendor or service bc

FWID won't be ready until the end of the month and will be required for LEH

FWID for angling won't be applicable until next year

There will be bumps in the road - just be happy it is finally being done.

Fisher-Dude
04-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Anyone know if the LEH draw has been run yet?

ASPEN
04-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Draws been run - finally got Island ELK and moose in Princeton -Whoo Hoo

reach
04-08-2016, 12:02 PM
The last info publicly posted by MFLNRO was that the online system would be available "by the end of April".

You can buy your hunting license and species licenses the same way it has been done - "business as usual" was the quote from MFLNRO.

You cannot do anything LEH related until the new system is online. I would not recommend buying cards even if some vendors have them; initially they said that physical cards from prior years could not be used for this year's draw and you would have to mail them in for a refund. I think they may have backtracked on that but safest is just to wait.

ASPEN
04-08-2016, 12:25 PM
yuppers- buy your hunting licence and they leave 3 extra spaces blank on your hunter number and when you get FWID you are to add the additional 3 numbers right away

mike-juliet
04-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Just got this email from my Service BC Rep...

The Fall 2016 LEH Draw will open for submissions on April 25.

Effective April 25, Hunters can apply online, or at Service BC, FrontCounter BC, or participating licence vendors.

Until then, it is business as usual for anyone wishing to obtain a Hunter Number or purchase a hunting licence.

Continue to monitor www.gov.bc.ca/hunting (http://www.gov.bc.ca/hunting) for more updates.

russm86
04-08-2016, 12:46 PM
yuppers- buy your hunting licence and they leave 3 extra spaces blank on your hunter number and when you get FWID you are to add the additional 3 numbers right away

I noticed the forms the store fills out and sends back had 3 extra # spaces but I did not notice any extra spaces on my actual licence/booklet, will have to look again I guess. What if they left the wrong 3 spaces blank? Like 3 after your current number instead of 3 before or vice versa, as I haven't heard anything definitive on whether the 3 new numbers come before or after your old #, lol.

ASPEN
04-08-2016, 02:50 PM

Effective April 25, Hunters can apply online, or at Service BC, FrontCounter BC, or participating licence vendors.

Until then, it is business as usual for anyone wishing to obtain a Hunter Number or purchase a hunting licence.

Continue to monitor www.gov.bc.ca/hunting (http://www.gov.bc.ca/hunting) for more updates.

Without regs coming out -applying will be pointless:confused:
Lol - Just sayin

Rookie Hunter
04-08-2016, 04:09 PM

Without regs coming out -applying will be pointless:confused:
Lol - Just sayin

So does this mean they are accepting both electronic and paper submissions? If so I imagine it will take the usual amount of time to release results?

Agent Orange
04-08-2016, 05:50 PM
So does this mean they are accepting both electronic and paper submissions? If so I imagine it will take the usual amount of time to release results?
I certainly hope not. It is my impression that it will be online only. I'd expect the regs to be released at the same time the system comes online causing the website to crash. :P

Daybreak
04-08-2016, 06:25 PM
The fall 2016 LEH draw will include both computer generated entries and the "old school" card type. This will enable people to utilize any cards they have left over from previous draws. After fall 2016 it will be computer entry only although I think there will be some provision made for those without computer access.

Daybreak
04-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Here is a lnk to the LEH site for frequently asked questions.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/transformation-faq-hunters.html

180grainer
04-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Are we able to keep our old number if we stick with the hard copy? I just got my 1978 issued license laminated cause it was starting to wear.......

Daybreak
04-08-2016, 06:43 PM
As far as I know, you will be able to use your original hunter # until the 3 digit addition to that number is made available. Once the number changes are available you are required to change it up. Note that your number will be the same as always except for having 3 digits attached to it. That is how I read it.

180grainer
04-08-2016, 07:00 PM
As far as I know, you will be able to use your original hunter # until the 3 digit addition to that number is made available. Once the number changes are available you are required to change it up. Note that your number will be the same as always except for having 3 digits attached to it. That is how I read it.

*******s.......I hate phuking progress.......

bccanadian
04-08-2016, 09:55 PM
How will I get the Fish and Wildlife ID?Starting in April, the Fish and Wildlife ID (FWID) can be obtained online from your home computer, or you can obtain it at Service BC or FrontCounter BC locations. If you already have a Hunter Number, you will also be able to obtain your FWID at a local vendor (hunting/fishing or sporting goods store).

Samsquantch
04-16-2016, 10:57 AM
I went to service BC and got a licence and blackie tag before april 1st using my 6 digit hunter number. I asked what the governments plans were for people who want to hunt early spring bear as the new system isn't supposed to be functional until late april. The answer was "I don't think many people in Victoria hunt spring bears".
I laughed.

Ohwildwon
04-16-2016, 12:58 PM
So the gong show happens April 25.....

wideopenthrottle
04-16-2016, 01:00 PM
some of the stores are a joke....last year my hunting partner lost his hunter number card so he just took the first page off an old license book and showed them that when they asked....the young fella looked at it and went ya ok good....I barely stopped myself from laughing out loud....what was even funnier was that when I pulled my license out his popped out of my pouch too...he hadn't lost it after all.. he had given it to me to cut (I have the leatherman with the scissors) while he started to gut the last kill last season.... we both had the black plastic pouch with llicense and hunter number card in it from Italian sporting goods...heheheh

emerson
04-16-2016, 07:44 PM
you can still get a hunting license and a bear tag the old fashioned way this year. Its only the leh that is changing this year, open season stays the same until next year.
This. I called Victoria to be sure. Bought license and tags at Cdn tire.

lostmind
04-18-2016, 08:14 PM
So.... I've lost my hunter number card. But I know my hunter number (have my old tags, have a change of address card, have pictures of it). Could I get a tag with that info or do I need a physical hunter number card?

I was waiting for the new online system to save the $15 for a replacement, but my hunting buddy wants to go out shortly for black bear...

Thoughts?

elkhunter1
04-22-2016, 10:12 PM
they are out Still Water Sports Ladner.

Wentrot
04-25-2016, 05:15 AM
Well it's the 25th, still doesn't seem to be up and running yet though. Maybe I'm checking the wrong site.

New Bow Hunter
04-25-2016, 06:42 AM
I also was online this morning @ 06:00 and not up and running. Typical.

604ksmith
04-25-2016, 07:04 AM
I'd imagine the website will go "live" during normal business hours and there will be some big bold link or highlighted area.

I'll check after work today, I'm sure it'll be up, then crash from over-volume, then be back up again.

evilginger
04-25-2016, 08:17 AM
Looks like it's up and running now

tikkahunter
04-25-2016, 08:58 AM
Got 3 FWID's done in 15 minutes, my daughter, wife and I. Took a little bit to figure it all out, but works ok. Looks like the LEH application will be pretty easy.

Riverbc
04-25-2016, 09:02 AM
I just went through the on line process. I had to get a BC e on line registration number first. It took 3 tries. (kept clearing my registration info, when I hit next) With that ID, I was able to sign on to the Hunting section and apply for new hunter number. I had to input old number, last name, and birth date, and then was taken to my profile info, where it showed my new hunter number. I then printed off the New Fish and Wildlife Identification. Done.

.264winmag
04-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Got 3 FWID's done in 15 minutes, my daughter, wife and I. Took a little bit to figure it all out, but works ok. Looks like the LEH application will be pretty easy.

'Done' as in submitted and wait up to three days to review and confirm documents uploaded?

.264winmag
04-25-2016, 09:09 AM
I just went through the on line process. I had to get a BC e on line registration number first. It took 3 tries. (kept clearing my registration info, when I hit next) With that ID, I was able to sign on to the Hunting section and apply for new hunter number. I had to input old number, last name, and birth date, and then was taken to my profile info, where it showed my new hunter number. I then printed off the New Fish and Wildlife Identification. Done.

How did your credentials get cleared so fast?

New Bow Hunter
04-25-2016, 09:29 AM
Got my new number electronically. Took a couple of tries. Be patient.

hparrott
04-25-2016, 09:54 AM
If your credentials didn't pop up automatically they didn't have you in the system during the last LEH....probably explains it if you didn't get any draws last few years:shock:

Riverbc
04-25-2016, 09:56 AM
How did your credentials get cleared so fast?
i chose "basic" and not "personal" registration. No credentials to be cleared.

moosecaller
04-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Went through quick and on the first try, I had bceid already mine took 3 mins. The wife needed bceid took maybe 10 mins. first try, hope it will be all worth it? Wonder if they are going to cut more government employees at service BC centers?

.264winmag
04-25-2016, 11:01 AM
If your credentials didn't pop up automatically they didn't have you in the system during the last LEH....probably explains it if you didn't get any draws last few years:shock:

I've gotten draws and/or notifications from them every year...

.264winmag
04-25-2016, 11:02 AM
i chose "basic" and not "personal" registration. No credentials to be cleared.

don't remember there being a choice lol

tikkahunter
04-25-2016, 11:06 AM
'Done' as in submitted and wait up to three days to review and confirm documents uploaded?
We all have hunting licenses for this year already. So they are in the credentials already as well.

hparrott
04-25-2016, 11:23 AM
I've gotten draws and/or notifications from them every year...

Just pulling your leg :-P

.264winmag
04-25-2016, 11:39 AM
We all have hunting licenses for this year already. So they are in the credentials already as well.
Ah ya that makes sense

bcsteve
04-25-2016, 12:15 PM
Done. Easy enough.

quackhead
04-25-2016, 04:01 PM
Uploaded credentials this morning. FWID issued this afternoon. Painless. Beats driving to MR or Squamish.

Grizzlydick
04-25-2016, 05:12 PM
tried with no luck. into their office and got my new fwid, but they were unable to give me my bcelid. system overload they said.
so we will see................

Jim Prawn
04-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Workin on it.................. Pain in the ass so far to do mine and Rileys. We already have licenses for this year, and got draws last year, but nothing showing up in "credentials". Waiting for our BCeID #s to come thru, but yes it does say up to 3 days to verify info. Probly just go in tomorrow and get it done.
JP

heatherdaddy
04-25-2016, 06:21 PM
This new system is a real pain in the butt, you apply for your FWID and then you have to wait up to 3 days before you can get it and apply for LEH, why have the system if you cant get the new FWID right away. You have to send of a copy of damn near every piece of ID you own to get your new FWID. I am not happy with this system.

Island Mile
04-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Just sign up for the basic BCeID it's all you need and no need to send in credentials. Mine worked instantly, new FWID number and ready to pick my LEH's.

Knute
04-25-2016, 07:01 PM
I got my BCeID this morning.

Couldn't log onto BC Hunting site due to high volume, must have tried a dozen times.

Just logged on a few minutes ago, easy peasy...done.

Wentrot
04-25-2016, 07:24 PM
This new system is a real pain in the butt, you apply for your FWID and then you have to wait up to 3 days before you can get it and apply for LEH, why have the system if you cant get the new FWID right away. You have to send of a copy of damn near every piece of ID you own to get your new FWID. I am not happy with this system.

You herp derrped something

russm86
04-25-2016, 07:28 PM
I did mine and my parents (technologically challenged) today and just wanted to warn everyone that there are already security issues. When I printed my moms new FWID for her it actually printed someone else's info, I double checked the info displayed in the profile and everything was correct and when I clicked her FWID again it worked but I now have the full name and printed FWID of some guy I don't know and theoretically I could now go down to Canadian tire and get a second hunting license and tags under his name... His name and hunter # aren't even close to my moms, not impressed. FYI, I have already shredded his info and tried to contact front counter BC but they are closed.

Jim Prawn
04-25-2016, 07:44 PM
I tried to register for a basic BCeID but it still had me fill out a profile and says it is verifyiing credentials. Have tried 3 times now and same BS. Dont know how anyone is getting it done without uploading Drivers license, hunter number etc. Says it needs to verify you have completed a hunter training program, are a BC resident etc, which makes sense, but...?? Typical gov't, need to register to get a number in order to register to get a number!!!??? Talk about the department of redundancy department...
JP

Heres the copy of what I get from the website after filling it all out;

To hunt in BC, you must have a Fish and Wildlife ID (FWID) and resident hunting status (BC Resident credential and Hunting credential). Your FWID number will display when your credentials are activated. If you do not see active credentials in your profile, please select Apply for Credentials under the Profile Options menu on the left-hand side of this page. Note: It can take up to 3 business days to receive your resident hunting credentials.

finngun
04-25-2016, 07:58 PM
i went to bc acces centre today ,,get new hunting no.[i had -17hunting licence already].... 3 LEH..deer moose elk..little hickup with comp.. but all good to go..:smile:

Knute
04-25-2016, 08:04 PM
^^^You did not have active credentials displayed on right side of text window?^^^ Jim Prawn....

Avalanche123
04-25-2016, 08:07 PM
My online registration was painless. The new system worked well for me.

Squire
04-25-2016, 08:35 PM
I tried to register for a basic BCeID but it still had me fill out a profile and says it is verifyiing credentials. Have tried 3 times now and same BS. Dont know how anyone is getting it done without uploading Drivers license, hunter number etc. Says it needs to verify you have completed a hunter training program, are a BC resident etc, which makes sense, but...?? Typical gov't, need to register to get a number in order to register to get a number!!!??? Talk about the department of redundancy department...
JP

Heres the copy of what I get from the website after filling it all out;

To hunt in BC, you must have a Fish and Wildlife ID (FWID) and resident hunting status (BC Resident credential and Hunting credential). Your FWID number will display when your credentials are activated. If you do not see active credentials in your profile, please select Apply for Credentials under the Profile Options menu on the left-hand side of this page. Note: It can take up to 3 business days to receive your resident hunting credentials.

I have the same problem and I have a theory. I created my Basic BCeID and included my middle name in the profile. I just checked my Resident Hunter Number Card and there is no middle name on it. I believe the system matches up your profile to your hunter number. My son's experience was completely painless and his credentials loaded up automatically - his profile matches the names on his card.

CodyRules
04-25-2016, 08:37 PM
I went to servicebc and got it done along with leh easy pesy!

Riverbc
04-25-2016, 08:59 PM
I have the same problem and I have a theory. I created my Basic BCeID and included my middle name in the profile. I just checked my Resident Hunter Number Card and there is no middle name on it. I believe the system matches up your profile to your hunter number. My son's experience was completely painless and his credentials loaded up automatically - his profile matches the names on his card.

My hunter number card has my last name and my first initial only. My BCeID has my full, first, middle and last name, and it worked fine for me. So methinks that's not the problem. Just saying....

Squire
04-25-2016, 09:12 PM
My hunter number card has my last name and my first initial only. My BCeID has my full, first, middle and last name, and it worked fine for me. So methinks that's not the problem. Just saying....

I have a new theory: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't:smile:

.264winmag
04-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Just sign up for the basic BCeID it's all you need and no need to send in credentials. Mine worked instantly, new FWID number and ready to pick my LEH's.

I've had a bceid for years and still had to upload credentials, early afternoon it was all approved though.

Good Old Outdoors
04-25-2016, 09:38 PM
I am actually very surprised how well set up and easy it is to register, update info and apply for leh. A month late but it's not bad at all.

heatherdaddy
04-26-2016, 07:06 AM
That is exactly what happened to me and I dont get how people can get it done without waiting for 3 days, it wont let you do anything without waiting

Mission7x7mulie
04-26-2016, 09:51 AM
If you have a hunter number, you have to log into the system as an existing hunter - click the left button! Do not create a new profile. Existing hunters have to enter hunter number, date of birth, and last name, then you will be linked to your profile. If you created a new profile and don’t have credentials, you did it wrong, only hunters without a Hunter Number should be creating a new account.

moosehunter1
04-26-2016, 10:06 AM
Found the website very easy to use & cheaper to buy your LEH as you save on postage, great maps.

Buck
04-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Mine went smooth NP

heatherdaddy
04-26-2016, 12:35 PM
I guess I will have to wait he 3 days and see if they approve my credentials, if not I guess I am hooped as it wont even let you re-enter things.

Red_Mist
04-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Yup also waiting 3 days after having spent forever trying to get my info in. Knocked off the site many times and even when I log back in to check status it has no idea who I am and asks me to re enter everything yet again.

ROY-alty33
04-26-2016, 04:37 PM
Any differences between the two BCeID?

sparky300winmag
04-26-2016, 05:47 PM
its a typical fkn gov web site . if you ask me its not very clear , i didnt see anything sayin to log in as an existing hunter.

keoke
04-26-2016, 06:20 PM
I did not see any option to log on as and existing hunting, that website is a load of donkey balls.

heatherdaddy
04-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Well after 24hrs they emailed me and said you already have a profile so we deleted this one and you just need to sign up saying you have a hunters number, now everything worked for me.

btridge
04-26-2016, 06:41 PM
5 minutes at service BC, Done.

keoke
04-26-2016, 06:57 PM
Where do you sign in with an existing number ? Some one post a link

Keta1969
04-26-2016, 08:21 PM
Was leery after a horrible time with a federal govt. website. but this was easy. Took about 10 mins.and got the number right away. Got the BCeID# first then just entered my hunter number and verified everything and was issued the new number.

dbergen69
04-26-2016, 08:22 PM
It was pretty straight forward. A few minutes and all done.

dbergen69
04-26-2016, 08:28 PM
Here is the link
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/limited-entry-hunting

If you have a BCeid click this link from here or the link above Sign in to BC Hunting (https://j100.gov.bc.ca/cit/wild/)

If you don't have a BCeid click here. It should only ask you some very basic information Basic or Personal BCeID (https://www.bceid.ca/os/?4483)

mastercaster
04-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Don't forget you still need a FWID before you can fikll out an LEH.

adriaticum
04-26-2016, 10:42 PM
This is complete and utter bullshit.
More exposure to screwed up government servers so hackers can get at your information easier.
I see no reason why I need a BCeID to get a hunting license.

Muliechaser
04-27-2016, 07:03 AM
I got my hunting licence in march . They were supposed to leave the first three spaces for the new fwid blank . Didnt think anything of it . Got my bcid logged on input my hunter number and was issued the fwid .
When i went to fill in the rest of my licence i realized that when they issued my hunting lic she put 3 zeros in the space that was supposed to be blank ??? Now my fwid doesnt match up with my lic .... what am i to do ??

elkhunter1
04-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Yes there is a Big Difference.
this is where RED-Mist and others went Wrong.
You only Need a Basic BCeID for Limited Hunting. done in on minute on Computer.
other one are for Welfare ETC have to be Verified that why the Wait.

panhead
04-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Heh ... I'm a dinosaur and i figured it out toot suite ... they took my money even faster ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spooning leads to forking

ForealBoreal
04-27-2016, 05:57 PM

Squire
04-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Yes there is a Big Difference.
this is where RED-Mist and others went Wrong.
You only Need a Basic BCeID for Limited Hunting. done in on minute on Computer.
other one are for Welfare ETC have to be Verified that why the Wait.

You and others aren't listening. You can do everything the same as the next guy and still get a different result. I signed up for and got a Basic BCeID and still got directed to apply for my credentials. I also picked the already have a hunter number option and still got directed the wrong way. My son did the identical process and got directed to a page that simply asked for his hunter number and it was all done in 5 minutes. The only thing different between my son and I was that I did it on my laptop at home and he did it via his Iphone. Rather than fight an overloaded system I submitted my documents and now I am waiting for my review. They say up to three days but that is easier than going in to Service BC and have them also prove that the system isn't lining up like ForealBoreal's experience.

Squamch
04-27-2016, 07:34 PM
5 minutes at service BC, Done.

Yep.

I already bought my license in March, and they didn't update it with the new number because I'm "grandfathered" for this year since I bought it before the new program was rolled out. We'll see how that goes.

bcsteve
04-27-2016, 07:37 PM
Weird that everyone is getting different results? Not sure if it's the system or user error. I did mine in 5 mins on my iPhone with zero hiccups.

REMINGTON JIM
04-27-2016, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=bcsteve;1775444]Weird that everyone is getting different results? Not sure if it's the system or user error. I did mine in 5 mins on my iPhone with zero hiccups.

Hey whats the web addy please ! thks RJ

elkhunter1
04-27-2016, 08:21 PM
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/fish-wildlife-id

BTF
04-27-2016, 08:58 PM
You and others aren't listening. You can do everything the same as the next guy and still get a different result. I signed up for and got a Basic BCeID and still got directed to apply for my credentials. I also picked the already have a hunter number option and still got directed the wrong way. My son did the identical process and got directed to a page that simply asked for his hunter number and it was all done in 5 minutes. The only thing different between my son and I was that I did it on my laptop at home and he did it via his Iphone. Rather than fight an overloaded system I submitted my documents and now I am waiting for my review. They say up to three days but that is easier than going in to Service BC and have them also prove that the system isn't lining up like ForealBoreal's experience.

^^This is exactly what is going on with my Wife's account, I have a BCeid from two years ago and now it won't even let me input mine, it keeps kicking it out and defaulting to the Wife's registration. Not impressed, off to services BC tomorrow

Fozzie
04-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Just went on-line and got my new FWID. I found it painless, but then I already had a BCeid. My credentials popped up right away. I can foresee those who procrastinate may have issues getting their LEH's in in time.

keoke
04-28-2016, 08:07 AM
I'm still waiting for my credentials to be approved wtf. Why couldn't I make a bceid then enter my hunters number and be done?

Andrewh
04-28-2016, 08:38 AM
I'm still waiting for my credentials to be approved wtf. Why couldn't I make a bceid then enter my hunters number and be done?

Because you clicked the WRONG box on the first page...

You clicked the box for people without a hunter number already.

REMINGTON JIM
04-28-2016, 08:42 AM
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/fish-wildlife-id

Thank You ! :wink: RJ

Mission7x7mulie
04-28-2016, 05:00 PM
Anybody waiting for their credentials to be approved should just create a new basic BCeID, sign into the system, and log in as an EXISTING HUNTER!!

b.c hunter 88
04-28-2016, 09:55 PM
i did mine right still waiting to be approved even filling it out as existing hunter

j270wsm
04-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Did mine last night on my IPhone and it took for ever. Tried to log on and it wasn't recognizing me so I called the help number. The lady told me the system IS NOT set up for iPhone. Turns out it regersterd me for new hunters number.

AgSilver
04-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Did mine last night on my IPhone and it took for ever. Tried to log on and it wasn't recognizing me so I called the help number. The lady told me the system IS NOT set up for iPhone. Turns out it regersterd me for new hunters number.

Something went wrong then as I did mine on my iphone while putting my kid to sleep.

Squire
04-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Because you clicked the WRONG box on the first page...

You clicked the box for people without a hunter number already.

Anybody waiting for their credentials to be approved should just create a new basic BCeID, sign into the system, and log in as an EXISTING HUNTER!!

How many times do people like you have to be told that you can click the existing hunter option and still get directed to the wrong page?

If you are the only successful road hunter on a given day does that mean you're an expert or just more fortunate?
If you could just get over yourselves you might realize that the system is flawed, not every other applicant.

bcsteve
04-29-2016, 05:11 PM
How many times do people like you have to be told that you can click the existing hunter option and still get directed to the wrong page?

If you are the only successful road hunter on a given day does that mean you're an expert or just more fortunate?
If you could just get over yourselves you might realize that the system is flawed, not every other applicant.

Sounds like something that someone who did it wrong would say! :D

Squire
04-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Sounds like something that someone who did it wrong would say! :D

Nice try but I can only get trolled so many times before I stop biting.:-)

It isn't that hard to select the right option; it's the first choice FFS. What's hard is telling people that they aren't that smart, just lucky when so many have a different result.

quadrakid
04-29-2016, 07:00 PM
i tried on my laptop last night,got as far as them wanting me to scan and send them proof of residency. Went in to Servicebc today,woman there tells me the system has crashed ,come back on monday OR go try at the local sporting goods store! I go to locall store where it takes about two minutes for them to get me a new hunters number,old one plus three. He says they have had no problems.

ACB
04-29-2016, 07:18 PM
Went to Service BC this afternoon around 2:30 and was able to get my new number. The women behind the counter (she's been there for years) said that she had to be a little creative with the web site, seams it still has some bugs.

Arctic Lake
05-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Hi Fellas
Logged on today got my basic Bceid, from there used my old hunter number, Bingo, got my FWID !
Arctic Lake

kenadiens
05-06-2016, 10:06 PM
registered and with in 15 minutes my profile was compromised.:x

Z71
05-09-2016, 01:47 AM
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sp...sh-wildlife-id (http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/fish-wildlife-id)

Done and done...using the link above I was able to register for a new basic BCeID, from there I was able to login to get my FWID number, which I did by entering my existing 6-digit BC hunter number, last name and birthdate.

Because I already have a profile in the system from buying licences and entering the draw all my personal information was already there, just like yours should be. It showed my new FWID number was issued April 17.

From there I was able to submit my hunt codes, enter the LEH draw and pay for them all at once.

I was able to do all this from my iPhone without any hiccups. Once you view your new FWID you save it to your phone and it becomes your new electronic Hunter Number Card.