PDA

View Full Version : Haida Gwaii in April

Jager
04-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Off to QCI next week and was wondering if anyone has knowledge/tips for what's catchable during the next couple of weeks. Salt or fresh....may have access to a small boat so nothing crazy off shore/rough water.
On Graham.

I'm pretty sure deer closed at the end of February so I'm looking to fill the non-working time with some fishing.

SPEYMAN
04-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Would think there should be some great sea run cutthroat in the rivers or river mouths that have chum or pink fry exiting. Small minnow flies or a wee dick nite if you not into fly fishing.

Mike_R
04-06-2016, 06:02 AM
Working at the hospital in Charlotte?

hawk-i
04-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Big chinook should be showing up in the ocean.

wideopenthrottle
04-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Would think there should be some great sea run cutthroat in the rivers or river mouths that have chum or pink fry exiting. Small minnow flies or a wee dick nite if you not into fly fishing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastal_cutthroat_trout

learned a new thing....I only knew of rainbows being sea run...I did not know cut throat did it as well...cool

Jager
04-06-2016, 11:25 AM
No hospitall.....they're still working on that?
Staying in Charlotte. Saw a pic once of a Hali caught from shore so was thinking of giving that an attempt. We usually find time to make a trip to Rennell and Tow Hill in the late afternoon.
ive caught cutties in the Yak and some of the lakes near Port....is there opportunity for winter springs along the stretch between Charlotte and Skidigate?

Mike_R
04-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Yep it's been pretty good winter spring fishing lately. Couple of halibut around too.

Caribou_lou
04-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Chinook and bottom fishing should be picking up. I imagine a few steelhead coming into freshwater also.