PDA

View Full Version : sport fishingbc forum

fishy
04-05-2016, 05:04 PM
TRYED TO GET ON SPORTFISHINGBC FORUM DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF IT IS DOWN Thanks in advanced

SPEYMAN
04-05-2016, 05:22 PM
There was notification several days ago that they were doing work on the site. Seems to me that it was supposed to be back up by now.

IronNoggin
04-05-2016, 06:20 PM
There was notification several days ago that they were doing work on the site. Seems to me that it was supposed to be back up by now.

Yes, should have been back by now. They had some major issues to contend with as I recall. New software upgrades can be a bitch to deal with. They'll get there soon methinks, and hopefully for the better. Ain't been there much at all since their last overly tiring & problematic "upgrade". :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

MB_Boy
04-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Yup......I was one of the guys who tested the new forum software and people will find it MUCH easier to use for it's stability, ability to post pics directly from phones/tablets/computers and eliminate the need for Tapatalk. There was about a dozen of us who tested it rigorously and figured out ALL of the settings and "how-to" type stuff....trust me on this it will be WAY better and just encourage the users to take a few minutes to figure out the software once it's up and running. One thing I believe that Admin is going to do is post up some "how to" tutorials of various things to help people out. The one thing of the new software (Xenforo) is that it's actual "help" section is pretty darn week. As mentioned though ALL of us who tested it find it to be a VAST improvement from what SFBC has been limping along on for the past number of months.

They have close to 15 years worth of data or something like that they are converting and as Nog said I think they have run into a few issues as they were hoping to be done by last weekend.

For any Mods on HBC......if Marc/Spink ever think of upgrading to the newest version of vBulletin....tell them NOT to do it. The software is buggy, unstable and as vBulletin has been sold the support to try and rectify issues is nothing short of 100% completely useless. They worked for 3+ months trying to sort things out and vBulletin essentially left them high and dry.

MB_Boy
04-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Just a heads up fellas. Got a message from Admin Brian today.

Most of the conversion has gone "very well" but they are having a problem migrating any posts since the upgrade in October to vBulletin v5 and having them attach to the proper member ID. So basically they are not showing up on the new platform but everything prior to October is doing fine. What they may do is take the new version "live" and then manually import posts from October forward over the next few days.

They are pretty stressed as they know they've been offline for too long......and dying to have this process behind them! :wink:

MB_Boy
04-06-2016, 09:10 PM
It's up and live now.

black mountain
04-11-2016, 08:35 PM
I tried to log in today no luck

Wagonmaster
04-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Address changed. Google Sportfishing BC Forum and you should get in.

black mountain
04-13-2016, 09:16 AM
got it thanks