PDA

View Full Version : tatshenshini spring bear

primmed99
04-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Anyone ever hunt spring grizz up in the tat? I have heard they have had a few sighting in Haines AK all ready and I know those big boars like to usually pop early. I was thinking of going up for 3rd week of april and trekking back on ski's pulling a skimmer. Just wanted to know if anyone has been back this early and when that river you have to cross stays frozen till, thanks in advance

Carl

rifleman
04-01-2016, 08:43 PM
wish I had some info for you.. quite the adventure ahead of you.....

tangozulu
04-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Hunted there 20 years ago. Saw lots of blackies and about 20 grizzles. The old boars had headed out to Alaska very early and before we arrived. Saw a couple brutes at dark coming back upriver. Took a 25 year old sow and a 7 ft blackie.

srupp
04-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Hmm spoke with individual in the biologists office for the area..suprising amount of information regarding grizzlies in the area...lol actually more info than on Dalls sheep..seen huge bear in the area in fall..sept..too much to type..pm me a phone number and will share what ive seen and from the bios office talk...
Worth it IMO...
Cheers
Steven

tangozulu
04-03-2016, 09:26 PM
For what its worth, we are having a very early spring in Yukon this year.

Alfonz
04-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Anyone ever hunt spring grizz up in the tat? I have heard they have had a few sighting in Haines AK all ready and I know those big boars like to usually pop early. I was thinking of going up for 3rd week of april and trekking back on ski's pulling a skimmer. Just wanted to know if anyone has been back this early and when that river you have to cross stays frozen till, thanks in advance

Carl
The YT side of the border is popular for spring bear hunting. It is a early spring up here I'm guessing 2 weeks earlier than normal.

primmed99
04-07-2016, 07:13 PM
thanks for the input