PDA

View Full Version : spring in your area

northernbc
03-31-2016, 03:10 AM
fox creek alta plus7 not freezing at night for 2 nights peace river very warm, both areas little snow . liard hiway at 100 km thigh deep snow and 0temps melting hard.. chinchagga area west of manning alta melting hard and lots of mud my son said Nanaimo plus 20 and lovely how about your areas.

03-31-2016, 04:48 AM
Fraser valley was 22 degrees yesterday

604ksmith
03-31-2016, 06:17 AM
Prince George: 17 degrees yesterday, 19 today. No snow in town, very little in shadows.

People have had their snow tires off for at least a month now and everyone is talking about how this is the first year they've really acknowledged global warming is coming to Northern BC. We had one week of -20 weather and everything beside that was -5 or warmer. Snowfall was down considerably.

two-feet
03-31-2016, 07:36 AM
+22 in smithers today. The rivers will be coming up quick, and very very low in the fall if the trend continues. Hopefully the bears notice and start poking out.

eric
03-31-2016, 08:26 AM
+19 in Tumbler Yesterday.
Looking like another nice one today.
Jet boaters have ben sliding their boats into the Murray,and getting up to Kinuseo falls...

btridge
03-31-2016, 08:57 AM
Wynndel, BC
Lawn mowing season here already, flowers have been in bloom for 2 weeks. Green house is up and running without any heat source other than the sun...Life is good

Tuffcity
03-31-2016, 10:27 AM
Cut my lawn for the second time this year already. fortunately the kid is home from Alberta for break up and bored so he's doing the yard work and gutter clean outs. :)

RC

wideopenthrottle
03-31-2016, 11:28 AM
daffodils & hyacinths flowers as well as plum and cherry trees are almost finished ...tulips almost open (prolly today) in new west...also have cut grass twice and it needs another cut..wife has complained about the heat already yesterday...

adriaticum
03-31-2016, 01:04 PM
Yep, spring is in the air in Surrey too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSBu9gYUcAAAMNx.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbyBNUqVIAIN3E2.jpg

XPEIer
03-31-2016, 05:43 PM
23 and sunny on the deck here in Williams Lake,,,,,, seen my first bear today, very nice shape.

xpeier

M.Dean
03-31-2016, 08:06 PM
Well, up here it looks like the lakes going to be ice off by Saturday, and I'm pretty sure that's a world record. I can remember breaking the ice up at the Resort with a couple 12 foot boats so the owner could have guests in for a fishing derby on the May long weekend. And it's going to be warmer tomorrow, bet there's going to be a few creeks running like crazy in a few days, so beware!

swampdonkey
03-31-2016, 08:13 PM
Well, up here it looks like the lakes going to be ice off by Saturday, and I'm pretty sure that's a world record. I can remember breaking the ice up at the Resort with a couple 12 foot boats so the owner could have guests in for a fishing derby on the May long weekend. And it's going to be warmer tomorrow, bet there's going to be a few creeks running like crazy in a few days, so beware!
What lake are you talking about

HarryToolips
03-31-2016, 11:11 PM
-17 with the wind chill, and about 2' of snow here in region 9.....

srupp
04-01-2016, 12:32 AM
Hmm Lac la hache was going strong towards being open..big opening in middle shore to shore..seen 2 bears the one north of 100 mile was nice..but dusty?
Williams lake has been open for a bit..lawn is thatched. .junipers are trimmed..lawn gets watered in am...
Heat has been off in the house for 2 weeks..doors open during day..
Spri g came early..easy winter..3 more honey do and im ready for surgery..maybe even time for gun range try new muzzie brake versus Tims new muzxie brake from kamloops..2 completely different designs. .
Travel trailer home already also..
Steven

ncurrie
04-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Was a little worried what our weather would be like after spending time in Kauai, but was pleasantly surprised when it reach 22 here in Lumby yesterday and looks like the same weather for today!