PDA

View Full Version : Cassiar

Darksith
03-30-2016, 11:39 PM
Been watching the show jade fever. They take a 120k ride into some remote looking country. Was thinking that might be a decent adventure with the SxS. Anyone familiar with that area...must be decent for moose. Any issues with FN up there?

walks with deer
03-31-2016, 12:01 AM
Don't worry about the fn's be really nice ro the ones you meet and keep valuables hidden..

Only ever had one issue and I raced to the chief.
I was treated very well and issue was resolved.
that said I put myself 150km between myself and them within the next hour of the issue.

tyreguy
03-31-2016, 08:21 AM
If I recall correctly there are road restrictions in the area limiting use off the main road for atv's.

BiG Boar
03-31-2016, 08:24 AM
Read your regs before you go. Some strange rules up there.

BCHunterFSJ
04-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Read your regs before you go. Some strange rules up there.

Hunted the Cassiars many years ago when ATV use there was not restricted. Took a look at the latest regs last year and had a really hard time figuring things out. Even wrote the CO in that region but he never answered me back..
We did have great hunts up there and never had any issues with FN.
I love the Cassiars!

moosinaround
04-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Pm me! Moosin

boxhitch
04-03-2016, 04:35 AM
The Turnagain nickel property is situated immediately north of Turnagain River near its confluence with Hard Creek. The community of Dease Lake, on highway 37 some 400 kilometres north of the port of Stewart, is 70 kilometres west of the property. Helicopter access from Dease Lake involves a 20 minute flight. A secondary road extending easterly from Dease Lake has been used by large, articulated 4-wheel drive vehicles to convey large jade boulders from the Kutcho Creek area and to supply placer gold operations at Wheaton Creek over the past number of years. A branch of this road network extends into the Turnagain property; road distance to Dease Lake is about 100 kilometres. A 900 metres long dirt airstrip, constructed in the 1960s and situated within the claims area on the north side of Turnagain River, can accommodate small aircraft. This airstrip is immediately adjacent to Hard Creek's current camp facility. Previous exploration programs have made use of camp facilities at Wheaton Creek (Boulder) which is about 15 kilometres by road west of the property.

decker9
04-03-2016, 06:42 AM
Happy to help if ya need, pm, cheers.