PDA

View Full Version : LEH Confusion

Arctic Lake
03-23-2016, 04:48 PM
Hi Fellas

Have not been hunting in many years with the LEH system.So I'm looking for some help . For one I would rather have a hard copy to look at than looking at it on the computer, I'm told a hard copy should be available second week in April .

So I have some questions .

#1 Let's say I want to apply for a any bull for the first or second week in October in 7-25

If I'm reading the regulations right it says shared moose hunt . What does that mean exactly ? Do you have to apply as a group or with a buddy ? Can you not apply just for yourself ?

Thanks for the help ! P. S. I see I should have posted this in the LEH Sticky . Maybe a moderator could move it for me
Arctic Lake

Fisher-Dude
03-23-2016, 04:53 PM
You can apply as a solo hunter for any shared hunt.

MichelD
03-23-2016, 04:54 PM
You may apply as an individual if you wish, but if you go in with a partner, each of your applications are entered individually and if drawn, you are entitled to hunt one moose. If your group is three or four people you may harvest two moose.

Arctic Lake
04-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Okay fellas

If I want to put in for a LEH shared moose hunt and my buddy lives out of town from me do I need his signature on anything or just his hunter number ? Will I be able to put in for the draw online without him present ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

reach
04-07-2016, 09:16 PM
With the paper cards you just needed his hunter number and all other info that goes on the card (all entries for a shared or group hunt had to go in the same envelope). No signature.

With the draw going online this year it's anyone's guess on the details of how it will be done for shared hunts, but I do know it's impossible for a web site to determine whether two people are physically in the same room. :D I fully expect it will be the same as before - one person enters all the info for all the hunters applying in the same group. I suppose it's faintly possible that each hunter would need to log in and enter their own info using their own login / password but that seems unlikely to me.

Arctic Lake
04-08-2016, 07:06 AM
With the paper cards you just needed his hunter number and all other info that goes on the card (all entries for a shared or group hunt had to go in the same envelope). No signature.

With the draw going online this year it's anyone's guess on the details of how it will be done for shared hunts, but I do know it's impossible for a web site to determine whether two people are physically in the same room. :D I fully expect it will be the same as before - one person enters all the info for all the hunters applying in the same group. I suppose it's faintly possible that each hunter would need to log in and enter their own info using their own login / password but that seems unlikely to me.

Thanks for the information Reach !
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
04-15-2016, 07:38 AM
Hi Again

Okay so I want to get this LEH Moose Draw correct in Region 7

#1 If My hunting partner and I apply separately for the draw either one of us could get the draw or even both of us. But legally if only one of us get's the draw then that's the one who can take the moose ?

#2 If my hunting partner and I apply for a shared hunt is that for just two hunters or three ? If we get that draw anyone in on the shared hunt can take one moose for a shared hunt ?

#3 How many can apply for a shared hunt and how many for a group hunt ?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to figure things out before the LEH comes out ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

j270wsm
04-15-2016, 08:12 AM
There isn't a group hunt for moose, All moose leh are shared hunts. Max 4 people can apply for a shared moose hunt, if successful they can harvest 2 moose. If 2 people apply then they can harvest 1 moose. If applying by yourself( single application ) then the person who is successfully drawn has to be the shooter.

Arctic Lake
04-15-2016, 08:51 AM
There isn't a group hunt for moose, All moose leh are shared hunts. Max 4 people can apply for a shared moose hunt, if successful they can harvest 2 moose. If 2 people apply then they can harvest 1 moose. If applying by yourself( single application ) then the person who is successfully drawn has to be the shooter.

Thanks j270wsm ! That clears it up !
Arctic Lake

Boner
04-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Hi Again

Okay so I want to get this LEH Moose Draw correct in Region 7

#1 If My hunting partner and I apply separately for the draw either one of us could get the draw or even both of us. But legally if only one of us get's the draw then that's the one who can take the moose ?

Yes. If you win the LEH draw, your buddy can come along, but he's going to hunt for whatever tags he has for whatever species are open for hunting.

#2 If my hunting partner and I apply for a shared hunt is that for just two hunters or three ? If we get that draw anyone in on the shared hunt can take one moose for a shared hunt ?

If the two of you enter together as a shared hunt and win, you can only take one moose between the two of you, doesn't matter who pulls the trigger.

#3 How many can apply for a shared hunt and how many for a group hunt ?

Already covered in a post above.

Sorry for all the questions just trying to figure things out before the LEH comes out ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Good luck in your LEH draws!

Rob Chipman
04-15-2016, 05:04 PM
If I recall correctly the drawback with a shared hunt is that if you are drawn everyone gets reduced odds going forward. I'm not that bright but whenever I think about it there doesn't seem to be a big advantage to entering a shared hunt, but I'm usually hunting moose with someone else anyway, and I don't care that much who pulls the trigger. As long as one of us has the draw we're good to go. Last year I called him in and my wife, who had the tag, shot him.

Arctic Lake
04-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Thank you to all of you for the above replies it is appreciated !

So then if we have 4 hunters putting in for a shared moose hunt which we can do ,correct ? If we get the shared hunt for the 4 of us any one of us can be the shooter ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

two-feet
04-16-2016, 02:14 PM

So then if we have 4 hunters putting in for a shared moose hunt which we can do ,correct ? If we get the shared hunt for the 4 of us any one of us can be the shooter ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

not to condescend or be a dick, but read the regs man! It is plainly spelled out in the leh synopsis, read that and then read the entire hunting regs. COs will not exept "heard it on a forum" for an answer

Boner
04-16-2016, 02:24 PM

Thanks
Arctic Lake

If you have 3 or 4 applicants for a shared hunt, you get an opportunity to harvest two moose. Doesn't matter which 2 out of the 4 hunters are the shooters.

wideopenthrottle
04-16-2016, 02:25 PM
bottom line .....apply as a group of 3 or 4 hunters you can get 2 moose anyone can be the shooter (only one moose though 2nd moose must have a different shooter) if you apply as a group of 2 you get 1 moose either can shoot.....so if you have 6 in your group and apply as 2 groups of 3...if one group gets drawn you have 3 moose hunters and 3 deer/bear /whatever else hunters with a potential for 2 moose.....if both groups of 3 get drawn you may take 4 moose 2 from one group and 2 from the other.... if you have 6 hunters and apply as a group of 4 and a group of 2 ...then if the group of 4 gets drawn you have 4 moose hunters for 2 moose and two deer/bear whatever hunters. if only the group of 2 gets drawn, you will have 4 deer/bear whatever hunters and 2 noose hunters allowed to only take 1 moose.....if both get drawn as a group of 4 and a group of 2 you would be allowed 3 moose.

Arctic Lake
04-16-2016, 02:48 PM
not to condescend or be a dick, but read the regs man! It is plainly spelled out in the leh synopsis, read that and then read the entire hunting regs. COs will not exept "heard it on a forum" for an answer

No offence taken ! I'm waiting for the new LEH regs which come out on April 25th
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
04-16-2016, 02:50 PM
bottom line .....apply as a group of 3 or 4 hunters you can get 2 moose anyone can be the shooter (only one moose though 2nd moose must have a different shooter) if you apply as a group of 2 you get 1 moose either can shoot.....so if you have 6 in your group and apply as 2 groups of 3...if one group gets drawn you have 3 moose hunters and 3 deer/bear /whatever else hunters with a potential for 2 moose.....if both groups of 3 get drawn you may take 4 moose 2 from one group and 2 from the other.... if you have 6 hunters and apply as a group of 4 and a group of 2 ...then if the group of 4 gets drawn you have 4 moose hunters for 2 moose and two deer/bear whatever hunters. if only the group of 2 gets drawn, you will have 4 deer/bear whatever hunters and 2 noose hunters allowed to only take 1 moose.....if both get drawn as a group of 4 and a group of 2 you would be allowed 3 moose.

Thanks ! Very helpful !
Arctic Lake

two-feet
04-16-2016, 03:39 PM
The old synopsis is still up online, the general rules are still applicable

Arctic Lake
04-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Thanks two-feet !
Arctic Lake