PDA

View Full Version : New guy :)

Outbound
03-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Hey folks,

Just joined up and I'm liking what I see here. :D I'm originally from BC but am currently living in Alberta. I've hunted a few times, but mainly grouse. I haven't had a chance to do much else since moving here but I'm hoping to rectify that and get my first big game animal soon.

As for a bit about me; I'm 27, and an avid outdoorsman. I've been fly fishing since I was 12 and love fishing, period. Trout, salmon, sturgeon you name it. I also love guns and sport shooting. I've dabbled in tactical 3 gun a bit and have tried out long range precision a bit. Currently learning to reload. My girlfriend and I are hoping to move back to BC in the next year or two, hopefully to the Kamloops area depending on what pans out for work. I'm currently a journeyman red seal welder but things aren't so hot in AB these days as you can imagine. I'm looking into options back in BC and retraining for something else as well, ideally something recession proof LOL.

Looking forward to becoming a part of the HuntingBC forum and learning as much as I can so when I move back to BC I can put it all into practice. :)

Weatherby Fan
03-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Not another new guy.......oh man.......on top of that your probably a Calgary Fan :wink::mrgreen:

Welcome to HBC........its pretty good around hear......just don't tell anyone if your a Canucks fan !

Cheers
WF

tuner
03-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Welcome!!!

Outbound
03-20-2016, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I gotta admit, I don't follow hockey all the closely. The Jets have a cool logo though, so I guess that makes me a Jets fan. LOL

monasheemountainman
03-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Welcome, where in Alberta do you live?

fuzzybiscuit
03-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Welcome to HBC from another BC'r living in Alberta.

Outbound
03-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Welcome, where in Alberta do you live?

Probably the only place that still has some work, Grande Prairie. LOL

Welcome to HBC from another BC'r living in Alberta.

Cheers!

Ride Red
03-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the site.

03-20-2016, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the site........enjoy!

I'm looking into options back in BC and retraining for something else as well, ideally something recession proof LOL.

Besides politics, does such a job exist?:razz: Actually, have a couple of son in laws in the trades and they are plenty busy with no slow downs in sight.

monasheemountainman
03-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Probably the only place that still has some work, Grande Prairie. LOL

Cheers!

sweet some good hunting up there! Lots of G-bears! Have fun

Outbound
03-20-2016, 07:02 PM
Besides politics, does such a job exist?:razz: Actually, have a couple of son in laws in the trades and they are plenty busy with no slow downs in sight.

LOL. Touche. I'm considering trying to get onto a fire dept full time. If that doesn't pan out then EMS or possibly even law enforcement. :)

sweet some good hunting up there! Lots of G-bears! Have fun

There certainly are alot of grizz here. I've seen more than a few on my fishing excursions to Tumbler Ridge and I've seen one or two south towards Grande Cache. I think they're a draw species here in AB as they are in BC. I'm hoping to take advantage of the hunting here while I can. :)

monasheemountainman
03-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Nope no draw for grizz in AB only in BC...as of right now, I heard there was talk of re opening in AB.

Outbound
03-20-2016, 07:40 PM
Good to know. See? I'm learning already. LOL