PDA

View Full Version : Pest control. Attention FARMERS

bulle
03-13-2016, 05:49 PM
Hi there, this message is going out to farmers that has problems with pigs,coyotes, turkeys,bears ,deer etc.. Please send me a PM if you need a hunter to come and help you out. Me and my buddy do either bow hunting or with firearm. Thank you.

tuner
03-13-2016, 06:10 PM
Get in line, there's a few folks ahead of you on this site, nice try though. :mrgreen:

Drillbit
03-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Where are you wanting to hunt?

A location would be the first step to success.

bulle
03-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Looking for around Region 3 and 8. Maybe even up to region 5 as well.

bc_buckshot
03-13-2016, 09:21 PM
Why not add elk and deer

One Shot
03-13-2016, 09:57 PM
Being a junior member, I would have to ask what experience you have....

monasheemountainman
03-13-2016, 10:02 PM
If the farmers belong to a hunting forum they probably enjoy shooting shit themselves! Better off asking around and going door to door I would think! Good luck!

.308SLAYER
03-14-2016, 06:09 AM
Yah what kind of experience do you have you don't have 1400 posts on hbc??? You must not be experienced lol.....jk yah knock on some doors

bulle
03-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Yea obviously I'm super in experience because this is my first post! Haha! Cool thank you I was considering knocking on doors as well but also thought to give this a try. Hope you guys have a good year and be safe!

Boner
03-14-2016, 08:09 PM
Good for you for asking.
There's too many internet tough guys on here shooting people down instead of going outside and getting some fresh air. :)

pnbrock
03-14-2016, 08:15 PM
well Bulle you have had a taste of making a post on hbc don't take it personal.you will be dumped on for a number of posts if you stick around.good luck with your quest!!

bulle
03-14-2016, 10:15 PM
Haha yea I've noticed so. That's okay, if that's what makes them happy and feel good.

Busterbrown
03-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. I am assuming the previous posts meant to say the same thing. I have 40 acres that has a wolf/coyote bear problem in region 5 . Please pm if you are interested. Your thread might just pay off

wideopenthrottle
03-15-2016, 03:28 PM
welcome.....crickets from the naysayers...heheheheh

walks with deer
03-15-2016, 09:21 PM
I am guessing bulle lives in kamloops in the aberdeen area.

If I am correct he is definitely experienced.

I am going to text my guess contact

bulle
03-15-2016, 09:31 PM
Hahah close

walks with deer
03-15-2016, 09:41 PM
If my guess is close does your dad lI've in Creston?
And hunt every day of every open season

floydsawyer
08-14-2016, 10:02 PM
If the farmers belong to a hunting forum they probably enjoy shooting shit themselves! Better off asking around and going door to door I would think! Good luck!

Right. I think so.

itsy bitsy xj
08-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Heres a question for you guys with some experience on this subject. I\ve had a local farmer ask me to help him with the deer that are steeling all him crop. What if anything should the spilt of the bounty be? I'll be paying the butcher and he asked me to help him.

Mosin
08-14-2016, 11:09 PM
Haha yea I've noticed so. That's okay, if that's what makes them happy and feel good.

Your gonna have to know a farmer or have a buddy who knows a farmer and can vouche for you. They are not gonna let some city slicker donned in full camo show up on their land and drive quads thru their fields, shit and piss where they want and then leave a gutpile next to a field where it attracts rodents, bears and coyotes. Just saying...sniff around i bet someone in ur circle has a family member or buddies buddy who can get you an "in"

curt
08-15-2016, 08:38 AM
they either shoot their own or hold out for guide outfitters to line their pockets while refusing the resident hunter access:)

Mosin
08-15-2016, 09:10 AM
they either shoot their own or hold out for guide outfitters to line their pockets while refusing the resident hunter access:)

Line their pockets? Sure buddy, they have all retired letting guides and their buddies shoot deer on their field. Refer to the last post on pg2 post#20

Surrey Boy
08-15-2016, 11:09 AM

Got to pay off the mortgage before the Indians blockade the farm as part of a new land claim.

:D

Bugle M In
08-15-2016, 11:36 AM

I do wonder sometimes how many ask for "compensation", yet deny hunters access??

Xenomorph
08-15-2016, 11:54 AM
I do wonder sometimes how many ask for "compensation", yet deny hunters access??

I'm sure there are quite a few, but you and me both will agree there are also a lot of misses on our part that maybe soured the relationship. I can promise you this, if I ever start helping any farmer with his issues, I'd treat his property like my own, and it all boils down to how many of us ****ed it up for us in the past.

steveo
08-15-2016, 12:20 PM
I don't think I have read yet where someone has offered a farmer some sweat equity in return for hunting permission. Maybe in the summer help fix a fence or throw a few bails around or trade some trapping services, might prove to be more fruitful than trying to convince a farmer your providing them with a valuable service getting rid of those pesky deer for them.

Xenomorph
08-15-2016, 01:25 PM
I don't think I have read yet where someone has offered a farmer some sweat equity in return for hunting permission. Maybe in the summer help fix a fence or throw a few bails around or trade some trapping services, might prove to be more fruitful than trying to convince a farmer your providing them with a valuable service getting rid of those pesky deer for them.

BINGO! Learn some skills, shovel some cattle sheit and have fun sweating your brow before earnings one's trust.

Bugle M In
08-15-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm sure there are quite a few, but you and me both will agree there are also a lot of misses on our part that maybe soured the relationship. I can promise you this, if I ever start helping any farmer with his issues, I'd treat his property like my own, and it all boils down to how many of us ****ed it up for us in the past.

I agree, that many have messed up that opportunity for the rest of us for sure.
can't even get some to close the cattle fence when they go thru it....and later, the guy with the permit
shows up and assumes it was me, cause I am camped at the lake, within a stones throw of that fence.
Even after I have taken the time to close it myself, because other are too lazy.
Can't win.

curt
08-15-2016, 02:02 PM
guide outfitters have paid farmers for access to nice bulls and bucks often............... why do you think lots of farmers refuse access to residents yet have been front and center on the phone to the ministry complaining about crop loss its happening if you dont believe it that's entirely up to you.

Xenomorph
08-15-2016, 02:37 PM
I agree, that many have messed up that opportunity for the rest of us for sure.
can't even get some to close the cattle fence when they go thru it....and later, the guy with the permit
shows up and assumes it was me, cause I am camped at the lake, within a stones throw of that fence.
Even after I have taken the time to close it myself, because other are too lazy.
Can't win.

I can relate, quite a bit actually.

Here's something my wife taught me, and I swear, it puts a smile on my face every time I think of. I used to get pissed off when drivers cut me off, swerved in and out through traffic -not that I'm a saint, and I don't do it too sometimes, but I do it elegantly, precise, fast and out of danger without disrupting the incoming traffic, I see ahead and I go... Anyway, there was this awesome day when my kid was there and I snapped, and little did I know that my Psychologist blurps "He must really have the shits, and he's going for it"
I laughed my head off, I could not stop, there was no more tension, there was no more anger. Then she gently adds salt on the wound and chimes "Feels better, doesn't it?!? We assume the worst of people, and they fulfill our vicious circle." Never again did I get angry, no matter what, I always think about the poor ******* trying to make his way to a throne ...and go, go, go.

Moral of the story is more often then not it's a self fulfilling prophecy. We know how to defend our rights with anger, and muscle and temper, when more often then not a good laughter will release the tension and change one's perception.

You can't win with some, but you sure as hell can try. Sooner or later we make long lasting friendships.

As for what Curt said, yes man, I do believe some will do, just as some GOs are as "interesting as Abe", but then again, I'm pretty sure there's a bunch more good people out there, you just need to gain their trust and run with it. Think positive peeps and mozy on, life's too short for BS.

Mosin
08-15-2016, 04:40 PM
if the guy cared about meat he would have shot it himself. Just ask him before hand if wants to try some. He probably wont even want any and if he does just give him some. Dont forget to give him a case of molson...he may want you to "help him" next year