PDA

View Full Version : Fwid?

03-12-2016, 07:59 AM
I'm trying to get my license and black bear tag for April 1st but can't get this new number until opening day. I'm a little pissed cause I've taken time off work so I can scout and be up there ready for opening. Stopped by local store and they can't even sell a license. Looking for answers on when how and why. If anyone knows pls tell me. I'm very computer illiterate and don't have email.

nature girl
03-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Maybe try the government agency office.

tuner
03-12-2016, 08:17 AM
Are you referring to your hunter number? As far scouting goes, there is nothing stopping you from heading out and doing so.
p.s. The licensing year is almost done( March 31) the new license year starts April 1st. As does th spring bear season, don't sweat it.

Cordillera
03-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Check with FrontCounter BC office in your town. They should know when the new system will go online. It's supposed to be later this month just in time for the new season. If you are in the lower mainland that's Surrey and probably Chilliwack and Squamish.

moosecamp
03-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Are you referring to your hunter number? As far scouting goes, there is nothing stopping you from heading out and doing so.
p.s. The licensing year is almost done( March 31) the new license year starts April 1st. As does th spring bear season, don't sweat it.

Being unable to buy a hunting licence and tags until April 1st is a pain in the ass if you want to be out hunting that day. That's if they get their shit together and get it done right the first time and we all know how well a new system starts up. Never a problem.

Check with FrontCounter BC office in your town. They should know when the new system will go online. It's supposed to be later this month just in time for the new season. If you are in the lower mainland that's Surrey and probably Chilliwack and Squamish.

As of yesterday, the workers in the Duncan office have had no training in this new FWID system. So I wouldn't think this is going to be a smooth transition. Hopefully I am wrong.

Just a note to anybody that has passed the c.o.r.e course, go get your hunters number before March 22 then you can get your FWID online like the rest of us. If not you will have to fax or e-mail all the information to them to get the FWID and there sounds like you might have a bit of wait before you get your number.

Rayne
03-12-2016, 09:45 AM
We can't buy tags and licenses at the shops anymore?

moosecamp
03-12-2016, 09:54 AM

I believe its so all the new licences will have your new FWID number on them. Thisnew system should of been implemented in March to avoid this problem.

reach
03-12-2016, 11:37 AM
It's just a temporary disruption, this year only, due to the switch from the old 6-digit hunter number to a new (longer) FWID. They have to reprint all the forms (license books etc.) that have spaces with only 6 digits. Yes it would have been nice to have it all done ahead of time but that's not how they roll :)

New Bow Hunter
03-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Another contributing factor is they are including the fishing licenses with this new number. The present fishing license does not expire until March 31st. So April first all the govy stars should align....Ha..ha.

plumberjustin
03-12-2016, 04:02 PM
I was under the impression that the new FWID was going to be implemented for fall LEH this year, and April 1st you'll still be able to purchase the regular paper book hunting license and tags.

Gateholio
03-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Bear hunting doesn't even get good until May anyway. :)

markomoose
03-12-2016, 11:05 PM
Omg the gov't gave up on us??

j270wsm
03-13-2016, 09:48 AM
If you go to the gov site you'll see that licences will not be sold online this year and your fwid will include your current hunters number.

Ferenc
03-13-2016, 10:32 AM
So can you still get the license booklet at the end of this month.

Ferenc
03-14-2016, 01:17 PM
Ok just got off the line with Service BC.. And they said you may be able to prebuy your hunting license prior to the end of this month including the purchase of tags... The new system is being made availible to those who wish to use it... Good news to those that are heading out for opening day .. Or setting up camp prior to April 1... Hope this helps.. She did not have a list of any vendors yet... So Service BC in your neck of the woods is the way to go if you want.. And at the same time they will issue you your new 3 digits to your hunter number..
hope this helps.

Blockcaver
03-14-2016, 05:43 PM
Wholesale Sports in Kamloops is selling licenses and tags for the new period (or were last week). You need your regular Hunter # (card) as usual.

Salmon Belly
03-14-2016, 09:48 PM
WSS and CDN Tire in Langley both weren't selling tags last week and neither had any idea when sales would start.

SB

walks with deer
03-16-2016, 09:59 PM
Oh shit I am gonna tag up tomorow.

rcar
03-18-2016, 01:32 PM
I had no problem buying my license and tags at Italian today.

reach
03-18-2016, 03:22 PM
For those who have bought licenses already - what did the vendors tell you about what to do once the new FWIDs are available?

rcar
03-18-2016, 04:10 PM
So here is the scoop.....

The new FWID system is supposed to go live April 1st. Ive been told that it will be a few weeks later than that. Anyone who purchases a paper license prior to the system coming online will simply use that for this hunting season. If you are planning on applying for an LEH draw, you will have to register for a FWID number, which is your existing enter number plus 3 additional digits. Apparently this will automatically link to your existing paper license.

It was not clear when the actual cut off date will be for buying a traditional license without your new FWID number.

If anyone has any further questions you can call 1-877-855-3222 and press option 6.

okas
03-18-2016, 04:20 PM
ha HA HAAAA THEY DO NOT EVEN GO TO BED ON THE WEST COAST OF THE ISLAND......... you are not in the US anymore buddy

okas
03-18-2016, 05:00 PM
I am a bit behind as getting stuff set up this year for west coast non guided hunts rooms and ATVs as last of my rebuild from being crushed .
to bad as you will be in nice country .. will be up next year fishing and bear ... and gatehouse can come for free :evil: .. boat rental and gear non guided

goatdancer
03-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Is the FWID going to replace the fishing license ID ( for online licensing ) as well? My wife and daughter have a fishing ID but no hunter number.

russm
03-18-2016, 05:29 PM

Ive never seen one out in april, i save my gas until atleast the first week of may, maybe even later....

Surrey Boy
08-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Just a reminder, in case you weren't out this spring . . .

Bugle M In
08-18-2016, 11:17 PM
Ok, I didn't get out this Spring.
Am I able to go to Reliable/Italian with my regular old Hunters number, and buy hunting license and tags still, like in the past??
Or, do I now need to register (FWID) before I can get hunting license and tags??

.300WSMImpact!
08-19-2016, 07:54 AM
Am I able to go to Reliable/Italian with my regular old Hunters number, and buy hunting license and tags still, like in the past??
Or, do I now need to register (FWID) before I can get hunting license and tags??

yes you can

BigD_83
08-19-2016, 07:55 AM

Take this with a grain of salt, but I have one buddy who was able to get his license without the FWID (used his old hunter number) back in the spring, but it only takes 15 minutes or less to register and receive your FWID using the website.

Bugle M In
08-19-2016, 09:40 AM
okay, thank you guys for the replies....appreciated.