PDA

View Full Version : Todagin Lake area

Downwind
03-12-2016, 07:26 AM
Well I didn't get my sheep draw so I've decided to head into the archery area near Todagin lake. I've picked up a few maps and think I've figured out a game plan. Never hunted the area but I'm gonna give it a shot. One question I have is does anyone know of a trail head/good area to pull off the highway to hike in from? Any intel would be great.

Ambush
03-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Trailhead and parking is marked now on the power line, about one kilometer south Tatogga Resort.

You may want to park at the resort to avoid problems with theft.

harbinger
03-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Also if you haven't already, use the search and read all the other threads on Todagin

Downwind
03-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Trailhead and parking is marked now on the power line, about one kilometer south Tatogga Resort.

You may want to park at the resort to avoid problems with theft.

Thanks! I'll check into the resort. Don't mind paying for parking to have my truck in one piece when I get back.

Downwind
03-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Also if you haven't already, use the search and read all the other threads on Todagin

Ya I did, thanks. Just not much info on trail head access.

Ambush
03-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Make arrangements to park, drop your gear off at the trailhead [hidden of course] drive to resort and walk back to the trail.
Nice to have a shower and a burger when you get down the hill anyway.

whitetailsheds
03-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Haven't been there, but guessing that this a Todagin hunt? Just saw this today on FB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvKOYeg2bv4

NorBC
03-12-2016, 08:17 PM
The ntl line went right through the trail head, I think it's still easy to find. If you ask the right person working at tatogga they will probably drop you off at it.

Caribou_lou
03-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Haven't been there, but guessing that this a Todagin hunt? Just saw this today on FB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvKOYeg2bv4

Ive met him a few times. Him and his brother have taken a few up there. Great watch

NorBC
03-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Ive met him a few times. Him and his brother have taken a few up there. Great watch

Smithers cop I take it? I know he was up there with his wife this year. Took his third ram..

Caribou_lou
03-13-2016, 12:17 AM
Smithers cop I take it? I know he was up there with his wife this year. Took his third ram..

Yup. Great guy. Great hunter

Ambush
03-13-2016, 01:08 AM
Yup. Great guy. Great hunter

Yup. I've been hunting with him since he was about six years old. Couldn't ask for a better partner or a more dedicated hunter.

harbinger
03-14-2016, 06:12 AM
The ntl line went right through the trail head, I think it's still easy to find. If you ask the right person working at tatogga they will probably drop you off at it.

did they extend the line past Bob Quinn? I was under the impression that that power line ended at Bob quinn? I haven't been up there for a few years!

Caribou_lou
03-14-2016, 07:20 AM
Powerline goes up to Redchris mine which is just south of Iskut.

Avalanche123
03-18-2016, 06:47 PM
Powerline goes up to Redchris mine which is just south of Iskut.

It actually extends to Iskut but that section has created a much smaller foot print than what they did with the NTL line. The NTL line changed the face of hwy 37N :(

Caribou_lou
03-18-2016, 06:50 PM
It actually extends to Iskut but that section has created a much smaller foot print than what they did with the NTL line. The NTL line changed the face of hwy 37N :(

Sure but it makes for some great spot and stalk black bear and grizzly hunting!

Brez
03-18-2016, 09:51 PM
Well I didn't get my sheep draw so I've decided to head into the archery area near Todagin lake. I've picked up a few maps and think I've figured out a game plan. Never hunted the area but I'm gonna give it a shot. One question I have is does anyone know of a trail head/good area to pull off the highway to hike in from? Any intel would be great.
PM me if you want camp spots, game trails to concentrate on, and strategies. It's been a long while, but I assume it hasn't changed too much.

harbinger
03-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Is there anywhere that shows the power line on a map? I don't think google earth has it yet

NorBC
03-21-2016, 10:29 PM
You could try the Gaia app. The trail head won't be hard to find.