PDA

View Full Version : New member here...

DeepJeep
03-11-2016, 10:01 PM
I have been hanging around for a while now, reading posts, looking at pictures, etc. Actually really enjoy reading some of the informative posts on HBC. Then I saw CJ's (Dustee) post introducing himself and I thought I should do the same. I actually made the same error as CJ and commented on a thread before introducing myself. So before I do that, here's a joke that you all may like:

A young blonde woman is distraught because she fears her husband is having an affair, so she goes to a gun shop and buys a handgun. The next day she comes home to find her husband in bed with a beautiful redhead. She grabs the gun and holds it to her own head. The husband jumps out of bed, begging and pleading with her not to shoot herself. Hysterically the blonde responds to the husband, ''Shut up...you're next!''

So a little about me: I moved from the lowermainland to the West Kootenays area about 1.5 years ago and I have slowly grown interest in hunting. Got my PAL and CORE early this year. Hoping to get out this year and do some scouting and maybe hunting as well. Definitely plan on going grouse hunting and may be deer as well - given I feel confident and have enough knowledge to do so.

Thank you to all who contribute and provide valuable information for newcomers like me.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.png
DS

Steeleco
03-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the habit! Post often and lots of pictures!!

Dustee
03-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Welcome here! I see we are much in the same boat aside from me still living in the LM. Hopefully this year will be good to us newbies!

CJ

tuner
03-11-2016, 11:29 PM
Welcome, the west kootneays is a pretty good place to be for someone with burgeoning hunting addiction.
Good Luck, and happy hunting!

luckofthedraw
03-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Welcome. Good choice on the move. No shortage of outdoor stuff for you now.

scotty30-06
03-12-2016, 12:33 AM
Hey brotha....welcome to the site....alit of awesome guys and great info....im thankful everyday to be apart of this site...but yes...welcome to the addiction side of hunting hahaha

HarryToolips
03-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Welcome, as said post lots of pics and stuff...i suggest also trying out black bear hunting..

M.Dean
03-12-2016, 10:43 AM
And a warm welcome to the site DeepJeep! This is a great place for hunters of all ages, and all experience levels to help each other with any questions and problems that may occur related to hunting, reloading and life in general. We hope you enjoy the site, Welcome!

DeepJeep
03-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. And yes, there is definitely a ton of wildlife around. I have seen a lot of turkeys in town as well. Heck, the city even got a new "turkey crossing" sign last year.

tuner
03-12-2016, 01:54 PM
^^^http://youtu.be/RFCrJleggrI I hope they're not disrupting traffic to badly. ;)

nazarow
03-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Welcome! I'm jealous because I was the one that moved from the west kootenays to the lower mainland. Hope to change that in the next decade.

DeepJeep
03-12-2016, 08:07 PM
hahaha.... those turkeys take forever to cross though.
On another note, i checked out an FSR today. Saw some whitetails. Its was raining so i didn't get out in the bush much but i still enjoyed it.

DeepJeep
03-12-2016, 08:08 PM
@nazarow I love it here!

Frango
03-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Welcome to Hunting BC and a life long addiction.It could be painful to your pocket book.....But a small price to pay.

markomoose
03-12-2016, 11:38 PM
Welcome DeepJeep!I never got the welcome you got?So sad eh!Lotsa game in the Koots buddy.Cheers Mark

DeepJeep
03-14-2016, 10:47 AM
thanks Frango and markomoose!