PDA

View Full Version : Ticks

hunter1947
03-07-2016, 04:56 AM
Just to let all you know the wood ticks are out I had two on me last week I live in the EK..

Backwoods
03-07-2016, 06:13 AM
Two of my good friends were shed hunting in kelowna over the weekend they said the same thing!!! Found a few ticks! Up in reg 7b we are getting winter after all, went from no snow, I've found 5 older sheds one fresh one already but now everything is buried!! 4-6" maybe more in certain areas

.308SLAYER
03-07-2016, 07:46 AM
Yeah got one on Saturday!

HarryToolips
03-07-2016, 07:51 AM
I was out on Saturday, surprised I didn't have a single one on me..

caddisguy
03-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Deer ticks and dog ticks were out in full force in my Region 2 spots this time last year.

Blockcaver
03-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Kamloops........28 ticks killed since February 20! Some on me, some on my wife and some found on grass stems overhanging one of our hiking/game trails. All last year we totaled about 46 ticks. They like the rocky, sheltered-out-of-the-wind, south facing slopes and climb up on the overhanging grasses to latch onto a passer-by around here.

Gone_Fishin_
03-07-2016, 10:18 AM
A friend was out fishing Kawkawa lake in Hope this weekend from shore. Within the 15 minute hike through the bush he was bitten twice and found 5 more crawling on him.

They are out in full force in Region 2 towards Hope/skagit Valley. After last years encountes with the nasty little bugs i think im going to pass on spring bear in my usual areas.

I just can't deal with the Ticks, if i seen one buried into my skin you'd have to tie my hands down to keep me from ripping it out (which i know is the worst thing to do)

wideopenthrottle
03-07-2016, 10:32 AM
A friend was out fishing Kawkawa lake in Hope this weekend from shore. Within the 15 minute hike through the bush he was bitten twice and found 5 more crawling on him.

They are out in full force in Region 2 towards Hope/skagit Valley. After last years encountes with the nasty little bugs i think im going to pass on spring bear in my usual areas.

I just can't deal with the Ticks, if i seen one buried into my skin you'd have to tie my hands down to keep me from ripping it out (which i know is the worst thing to do)

they are not too worrisome as far as biting insects go (and this comes from someone who is now scratching as I mention fleas or head lice)....they take a long while to sink their "teeth" in so if you are doing thorough checks every night before bed you should be ok.....to pull ones that have recently sunk in, use your thumb nails and pinch the skin kinda like a zit while flicking up catching the head with your thumb nails (avoids squeezing the body)..