PDA

View Full Version : Harrison lake east fsr

Clubsoda
03-06-2016, 07:23 AM
I havent been up the east fsr in years. Planning a camping trip with a few friends from the coast. I'm debating towing my 18' travel trailer up the fsr, about 40-60km, just want to see if it is physically possible. Anyone familiar with the area ever tow or seen anything towed up that far? Thanks guys :cool:

leannejason
03-06-2016, 07:55 AM
It's possible, just be advised that their is a huge hydro electric power project under way at approximately the 50km mark. Lots of huge machinery going up and down the road at intermittent times. Fair amount of active logging underway right now too. Go real slow and watch for wide fast moving equipment. Make sure you have good spare tires and a plug repair kit. I've seen many a flat tire up that way. It'll be slow going with the trailer as the pot holes and wash board get annoying real quick. Other than that, give'r.

jjsachmoe
03-06-2016, 07:57 AM
I was up there last november and I lost a tire to the sharp rock on that road. Brand spankin new tire at that, BFG AT/ko2. So take a couple of spares for the trailer and the tow vehicle:neutral:

Brew
03-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Your almost better off oing to Boston bar and heading into the nahatlatch and down the kukapee(spelling) if you want to go that far. The hydro project is pretty busy.

warnniklz
03-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Like others said... that's Kal Tire's favourite road

Clubsoda
03-06-2016, 08:18 AM
I think I will just tent it if there is that much activity up there. I'm driving out from the okanagan so that will save me some time and gas money too.

Sorry to hear about the ko2. Those are nice tires. How do you like them? I have a 2010 f150 and need new tires after summer. Debating either ko2 or duratrac

Ovis17
03-06-2016, 08:47 AM
I've had the Duratracs and BFG AT's (not ko2) and the BFG's wore way better and were quieter.

Stormy
03-06-2016, 10:14 AM
I'm up at "Big Silver" (hydro plant) at least twice a month, the road is is rough on vehicles, and I certainly wouldn't tow a travel trailer up there (not unles you have HD suspension and good tyres)

In the 12 or 14 trips I have done up there (in the last six or seven months) I have never had a flat on either General grabbers or BFG AT (Ko2) having said that, I always have a plug kit and compressor on board, just never know when your luck is going to run out.

Just
03-06-2016, 10:16 AM
my buddies have all towed there travel trailers to Bear Creek down Harrison east fsr, and I've seen tons of people towing all the way to Big Silver. Its a well traveled fsr, and its got very sharp rocks and is rough so good tires are a must!

wideopenthrottle
03-07-2016, 08:30 AM
is the road open to the hotsprings again?

leannejason
03-07-2016, 01:49 PM
is the road open to the hotsprings again?

Yup. Still snow up there though.

wideopenthrottle
03-07-2016, 01:54 PM
cool thanks....did they repair the road for general use or do you still need a decent 4x4?

scotty30-06
03-07-2016, 01:58 PM
I was up there a couple weekends ago....there was no snow and you could get a stock pick up to the tubs Noooooo problem....its a damn near paved road now lol

wideopenthrottle
03-07-2016, 01:59 PM
that last hill about 1-2km away with the big exposed rock to climb over was hard on drive shafts (on my first trip up in a 1980 stock toy pickup-dinted it but was still able to drive) heheheh...o ya ..and the river crossing was easy if you didn't make a wrong turn in the dark and just keep driving up the river (like on my second trip there but no prob with 4 inch lift and 33" tires to just do a 3 point turn in the middle of the river)

wideopenthrottle
03-07-2016, 02:00 PM
I was up there a couple weekends ago....there was no snow and you could get a stock pick up to the tubs Noooooo problem....its a damn near paved road now lol

really ...wow..too bad some idiots burned down the cabin that was there for all to use about 15 years ago

scotty30-06
03-12-2016, 04:49 AM
Yea no doubt...but myself and some friends have built a couple change rooms.(pretty make shift but gets the job done) ....and worked on the walk way into them also sorted out the hoses for all three tubes...but all this knowing some asshole can come **** it up for no good reason....but if they do we will just keep rebuilding it....love that place

wideopenthrottle
03-14-2016, 06:51 AM
Yea no doubt...but myself and some friends have built a couple change rooms.(pretty make shift but gets the job done) ....and worked on the walk way into them also sorted out the hoses for all three tubes...but all this knowing some asshole can come **** it up for no good reason....but if they do we will just keep rebuilding it....love that place
glad to hear....good on ya for the "make it better" approach...I hate people that vandalize nature more than people that do it in the city

r106
03-14-2016, 07:37 AM
I've towed my 25" travel trailer to bear creek 2 times, the first I got a flat the second was no problems. But the road was so bumpy it took an hour to get to bear creek and that's only 16-18km I think. I have no interest to do it again. That road was really busy last summer saw a super B and a few dump trucks with transfers on that road. So go slow and pay attention.