PDA

View Full Version : Making sense of hunting in Quebec

Ryo
03-03-2016, 11:18 AM
I'll be moving to Quebec at the end of 2016 (postponed just so I can enjoy one last fall in BC) and I have been trying to make sense of the hunting regulations in Quebec - and am at a loss, with all the different classes of park, zone and territory. Can anybody, who has hunted in Quebec as a resident, explain this to me, in plain english? Salmon fishing too, for that matter. I'll be based in Montreal, with a cabin in the laurentians, south of Tremblant.

Thanks in advance!

Philcott
03-03-2016, 12:59 PM
I don't know about around Tremblant but in the eastern townships, south east of montreal, you pretty much need to either own a large tract of land or belong to the local hunting club. From what I've been told it's kind of an old boys system because the huntable land is in such high demand.

I have a friend who was offered 800,000.00 for his 60 acres and a older cabin by two guys from Montreal so they could have a place to go and hunt deer.

northernbc
03-03-2016, 05:07 PM
my first thought was, how long until b.c. is like that.

tangozulu
03-04-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't know about around Tremblant but in the eastern townships, south east of montreal, you pretty much need to either own a large tract of land or belong to the local hunting club. From what I've been told it's kind of an old boys system because the huntable land is in such high demand.

I have a friend who was offered 800,000.00 for his 60 acres and a older cabin by two guys from Montreal so they could have a place to go and hunt deer.

Is this Canada? Wait forget that question though sounds like Europe or Texas.

Ryo
03-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Thanks Philcott,

anybody else?

Weatherby Fan
03-09-2016, 02:06 PM
We have a Quebec member on here murraybrook, he's very knowledgeable? He may be able to help