PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Hunt in 7-18

MattErickson
03-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Recieved an LEH for 7-18 grizz. Looking for any info on when guys usually head in there for spring hunts, I have never hunted it in the spring myself. Would love to hear some successful hunt stories too!

Cali
03-01-2016, 10:00 AM
The Walker Creek FSR is usually open first, depending on the spring middle to end of May before a guy can drive in without the assistance of a track machine. Good Luck!

todbartell
03-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Gleason was wide open last year in mid May. Not sure what snow levels are like this year? Hike into Hedrick Lake, it's worth the 22km round trip

MattErickson
03-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Awesome, I had done a little looking into Hedrick lake already as well, Do you know if the cabins there would be good for a 4 or 5 day stay? or should I pack in a tent? also I had heard that there were 2 canoes in there by the cabins, should I count on that or bring an inflatable, if I see a bear on the opposite side it would definitely be easier to paddle across rather than hike around! (and i heard the fishing is not bad)

todbartell
03-01-2016, 06:19 PM
pack a tent. One cabin is locked and the other is a pack rat nest. There was a canoe and a paddle. According to the writing on the cabin walls, fishing is really good!

MattErickson
03-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Sweet, looking forward to it! The trail goes along the west side of Hedrick creek, correct?

swampthing
03-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Yes it does. There is an old road/atv trail to the top of an old overgrown cut block that takes you to trailhead. The foot trail is faint as its overgrown but its there. Thick bush and some big old growth trees

todbartell
03-04-2016, 08:09 PM
trail was really easy to follow last year, until we got into the snow :mrgreen: not much fresh flagging on the trail