PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel lake boat or barge service????

hunter fisher
02-28-2016, 11:05 AM
trying to ferry a couple quads across quesnel lake, just wondering if anyone has done this before, looking for referrals or information.

thanks

Riverratz
02-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Good people at Elysia Resort on Quesnel Lake, they might be able to help you out or have suggestions for you.

Paulyman
02-28-2016, 01:35 PM
The roads around there are beginning to be fairly overgrown. Elysia lake resort does not have barge service, but i bet they will know someone who can help you.

Drillbit
02-28-2016, 07:22 PM
Jerry Mitzell(sp?) has a barge.

The new Elysia owner is killing the place. Didn't have fuel for over a month last summer. Harmony isn't there anymore so it's falling apart.

And as already said the roads are getting pretty overgrown as well as the slashes.

allan
02-28-2016, 07:59 PM
Hmm are you headed up the north arm? If you are your prob the reason I didn't get my draw :),
we have used Mtn bike and dirt bikes in the past that we just threw in the boat. Pm me if you want to compare notes

dino
02-28-2016, 08:49 PM
talk to srupp if its the north arm. We were in there a few rears back and he was helpful. If its the other arm bring a zodiac with a 20 jet leave the quads behind.

Manglinmike
02-29-2016, 09:11 AM
I went into the north arm a few years back ,I just usede my pick up ramps to drive my quad up into the boat onto a plywood deck and then ran down the north arm.That is a lake that you must give full respect to if its getting choppy don't go ,the waves on the main lake can get very large very fast,you would think that your on the westcoast when you lay eyes on the big boats that call that lake home.

Bernie O
02-29-2016, 12:10 PM
About ten years ago there was a barge operating out of likely to supply the forestry and loggers. We had boated in and asked him about taking us in the next year and was told we could ride along whenever he went but there was no schedule, only when he was being paid by charter for logging companies. to hire him privately was a couple of g notes , beyond our budget and we never followed up on it. I would not go again in my 16 ft boat because the pucker factor was too high on that lake for my boat.

srupp
02-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Working on a name for you.
Steven