PDA

View Full Version : Dawson creek elk help

kbb
02-23-2016, 01:36 PM
We have 4 lehs up Dawson area, working it hard and can't find any elk.. Tuff year up here, no snow at all and almost 5 degrees up here right now. Any help would be welcomed from locals. It's been a long week here.willing to travel to get this done.

slovakien_12
02-23-2016, 10:29 PM
I am in the same area as you with 2 draws, tried all my contacts. the animals don't need to move. PM me if interested and maybe we can make a game plan

boxhitch
02-24-2016, 03:26 AM
Dawson is 8 degrees above the normal for today
Have had no good reports from my field analysis experts (farmer)
Thinking I won't waste the fuel this year

moosinaround
02-24-2016, 09:21 AM
I did a hunt earlier this month. Hit all my spots I usually get elk in in the winter, no elk there! Not sure where the elk are, but the winter up there had been pretty easy them so far! Was going to go after them one more time, but I don't think I'll waste the gas money, save it for a fall hunt!! Moosin

Sitkaspruce
02-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Forget the Farms, hunt the crown, away from access and walk the bush. You need to find them as they are scattered this year; no snow (less than 1/3rd of normal amounts), warm temps and the pressure has them way back in the thick stuff where they don't have to forge much for food.

Find the trails and watch them early morning and late evening. Supposed to snow all weekend, which should give you an idea of where they are.

Good luck!!

Cheers

SS

badgreenbird
02-26-2016, 08:23 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^