PDA

View Full Version : check out my first hunting video

bchunter181
02-15-2016, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkW2Tngq2PM

check out my first attempt at making a hunting video more to come.please hit the like button please and hopefully some better video next time thanks guys.

wideopenthrottle
02-15-2016, 03:56 PM
too much swearing to have sound with it? looks like you had a fun trip...how were the clams?

bchunter181
02-15-2016, 04:10 PM
yah sorry about the swearing and it was fun just so happened we didnt get much game that year next year better video hopefully and i ended up putting the clams back as i was told fresh water clams didnt taste good?

wideopenthrottle
02-15-2016, 04:14 PM
yah sorry about the swearing and it was fun just so happened we didnt get much game that year next year better video hopefully and i ended up putting the clams back as i was told fresh water clams didnt taste good?
I was told the same so I haven't tried them either....I didn't hear any swearing or anything through most of the vid...I thought you did that on purpose or something? maybe I just had the sound too low....better than anything I would have done..

IslandBC
02-15-2016, 04:23 PM
What did you film with?? I have similar footage with a GoPro cam and had the same quite audio as your video. I took the waterproof casing off and can now hear everything crystal clear.

bchunter181
02-15-2016, 04:29 PM
oh yah the sound is very quite because it was filmed with the gopro with the waterproof case on.the clip in the trailer is with the case off and the voice is a bit better but yah im gonna use my jvc camcorder aswell next year for some better footage i ran mine over with my sxs this year so only gopro footage.

SPEYMAN
02-15-2016, 04:31 PM
They are freshwater mussels. Not that good to eat.

bchunter181
02-15-2016, 04:39 PM
yah thats what i thought

hunter1947
02-16-2016, 04:50 AM
Well at least its a start on video filming there are lots of things within this video that you will have to work on to better it learn from your mistakes and better your video for next year,,thanks for sharing..

Ddog
02-16-2016, 11:56 AM
sorry to say....LAME,, can't really help it, i had to say it,, JMO

monasheemountainman
02-16-2016, 12:10 PM
less of your face more of hunting but at least you had fun!

notyalc
02-16-2016, 12:48 PM
"Ballersixty9" lol....

Once you get some experience editing and such, I'm sure the videos will get better.

buckshot
02-16-2016, 06:14 PM
Better than my first for sure! I enjoyed watching and will be looking forward to season 2. Good luck in 2016.

markt308
02-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Thanks for sharing. editing takes practice and a lot of time! But it all depends on what you're goin for. Gopro's are great for some things, not everything. I suggest using a real videocam and just supplementing your footage with a Gopro here and there. Also a still hand is absolutely key to producing an enjoyable video. Good luck with your future vids

bchunter181
02-16-2016, 08:35 PM
Thanks everyone yes lots of things to improve on and will be better next year thanks for watching

walks with deer
02-16-2016, 11:26 PM
DDog how will you ever get that half hour back.. You big bulley

adriaticum
02-16-2016, 11:39 PM
Lots of plumbers crack but in the end they got a buck.

Eva_Hunts
02-17-2016, 03:17 PM
wow, checked it out and almost puked up my lunch from the manic camera movement.

Critical feedback:
-get some editing software, this one is free http://www.openshot.org/
-learn how to edit.
-less is more.
-steady hands when shooting.
-create a story arc (with just footage or dialogue or both)
-no selfies unless you're talking

If you don't acknowledge the aforementioned your footage will disappear into the web abyss wasteland with 0 views.

bchunter181
02-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback will definitely be better next yesr it's my first try

rides bike to work
02-20-2016, 12:37 AM
One trick with editing next time you watch a show notice every clip is about 8 seconds that's about how long our attention span is. Even if your just jumping between filming angles. Put some good tunes to it and you got a gooder. Just don't film yourself shooting down a road off the hood of your truck and post it on the web.

caddisguy
02-20-2016, 11:21 AM
One trick with editing next time you watch a show notice every clip is about 8 seconds that's about how long our attention span is. Even if your just jumping between filming angles. Put some good tunes to it and you got a gooder. Just don't film yourself shooting down a road off the hood of your truck and post it on the web.

Interesting. I think I just realized why some of my videos are more boring than others!!

Lots to learn with making videos, editing, etc. My best videos so far were either short or made up of lots of short clips. The crayfish one we did back in August we made up of 10-30 second clips between two headcams with different points of view. It gets around 800views/day, but the video is 10 mins and average view is 4-5 mins. I think jumping around between POV's / scenes, avoiding anything repetitive more might hold the attention span better.

Good point. Good post.

srupp
02-20-2016, 07:47 PM
Thanks for sharing B..appreciate it.
Cheers
Steven

bchunter181
03-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Thanks guys

bchunter181
03-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Hope you guys likes it a bit anyway

Wentrot
03-17-2016, 04:08 PM
2 thumbs up and 17 down. I think they like er!

Western Hunter
03-17-2016, 04:50 PM
In all honesty, I'm not interested in watching videos of truck hunts. Not bashing, we all do it depending on the conditions. I'm sure it's fun to watch for you guys, like a home video, but for the audience there just isn't a whole lot going on here. Check out Solo Hntr on Youtube. Self-filmed, solo backcountry hunts. Now that I will spend all day watching!

.308SLAYER
03-18-2016, 06:01 AM
Western hunter if you woulda actually watched the video it wasn't a truck hunt the begging was him driving to Alberta it's a blind hunt on private property.....

.308SLAYER
03-18-2016, 06:07 AM
Western hunter if you woulda actually watched the video it wasn't a truck hunt the begging was him driving to Alberta it's a blind hunt on private property......maybe actually watch it before critisizing

RackStar
03-18-2016, 06:49 AM
Western is right. Pretty boring to watch people road hunt. And walk through a stream.
X2 on solo hunter. I watch all their vids.

Moose63
03-18-2016, 07:45 AM
In all honesty, I'm not interested in watching videos of truck hunts. Not bashing, we all do it depending on the conditions. I'm sure it's fun to watch for you guys, like a home video, but for the audience there just isn't a whole lot going on here. Check out Solo Hntr on Youtube. Self-filmed, solo backcountry hunts. Now that I will spend all day watching!

Thanks for the recommendation. Check out "Fresh Tracks" on U-Tube, also very good.

monasheemountainman
03-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Stuck in the rut another very good channel those guys can hunt!

Down South
03-18-2016, 08:26 AM
I think for you guys to put up your first hunt on video was a brave thing to do on this or any sight like it, I appreciate the effort, I am sure your videos will get better and better, so good job

RackStar
03-18-2016, 08:31 AM
I think you can watch the films submitted to the kuiu film festival. Might be some cool ones.

Chopper
03-18-2016, 08:48 AM
I would get rid of the ATV and the camper and get yourself a pair of boots and a good tent. Do some real hunting. Im not sure what happened when you shot that doe but, I personally don't think does blown in half in a ditch on the side of a logging road is a great image.

Best of luck with your next hunt and video

notyalc
03-18-2016, 08:51 AM
Western hunter if you woulda actually watched the video it wasn't a truck hunt the begging was him driving to Alberta it's a blind hunt on private property......maybe actually watch it before critisizing
Huh? Sounds like YOU didn't watch the video that was posted....

Chopper
03-18-2016, 10:44 AM
I cant help it , People can say whatever they want , give editing tips. I just watched this video again ... This video is a disgrace

monasheemountainman
03-18-2016, 11:48 AM
It's not a disgrace it's a dude getting out with his dad and bro for a weekend, you guys probably had a great time and to you the video reminds you of that great time. To the viewer though it's just staring at your face and your brother chasing tadpoles, not the most exciting. Plus it's on a go pro, get another camera and show us the cool places that you go hunting, show us some good scenery, have some good music or narrative going.

Chopper
03-18-2016, 12:18 PM
I literally thought that doe was road kill they had come across on their road hunt

huntcoop
03-18-2016, 01:02 PM
...Im not sure what happened when you shot that doe but, I personally don't think does blown in half in a ditch on the side of a logging road is a great image...

I literally thought that doe was road kill they had come across on their road hunt

Funny looking doe :lol:

RackStar
03-18-2016, 01:55 PM
I would get rid of the ATV and the camper and get yourself a pair of boots and a good tent. Do some real hunting. Im not sure what happened when you shot that doe but, I personally don't think does blown in half in a ditch on the side of a logging road is a great image.

Best of luck with your next hunt and video

thats the game you get when road hunting. Some poor animal who has no sense to run when they hear that truck. Mommy dear was long gone.

x2 on the boots and tent...