PDA

View Full Version : Van isle hali's

lenardobc
02-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Its open who has been out? Obviously not me. But taking the last 5 lbs out of the freezer really got me to thinkin ..time for stockin up!

Jim Prawn
02-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Haven't been yet myself but heard it's been good for those who have. Saw a pic of No Bananas with a boat load of nice ones from last weekend. Some decent weather would help...
JP

02-15-2016, 09:56 AM
For at least THREE years, the recreational anglers have NOT came any where near catching therir Allocation (15%) on sport caught HALIBUT, yet DFO has lowered the slot limit again back to 83cm from 90. This is about a twelve pound fish compared to about 20 . So ....... You are allowed one per day, up to 133cm and two possession with your second fish to 83 cm. 6 per year per angler ........ All this said, Commercial ( 85 % of allocation ) have NO SIZE LIMIT . ANd of coarse for Native it's just a free for all catch as much as you want any size.

How PATHETIC !

Vladimir Poutine
02-15-2016, 12:09 PM
For at least THREE years, the recreational anglers have NOT came any where near catching therir Allocation (15%) on sport caught HALIBUT, yet DFO has lowered the slot limit again back to 83cm from 90. This is about a twelve pound fish compared to about 20 . So ....... You are allowed one per day, up to 133cm and two possession with your second fish to 83 cm. 6 per year per angler ........ All this said, Commercial ( 85 % of allocation ) have NO SIZE LIMIT . ANd of coarse for Native it's just a free for all catch as much as you want any size.

How PATHETIC !

Sadly true. They (DFO) will chip away until there is virtually nothing left for the sport fishery. I wonder if this was just one of the factors in Canadian Princess along with their other resorts at Painters and April Point being put on the block.

One of the biggest errors was DFO allowing the Pattison group to buy almost all of the halibut quotas on the Coast.

elknut
02-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Sunny days people ....Sunny days .....Turdeau will fix it ....

Piperdown
02-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Curlytop say it isn't so. You mean you don't want to come over and tow your boat over on the cheap ferry for a second fish of such huge size....ok leave the boat at home and we will hammer em out of mine :)

02-16-2016, 07:55 PM
Sounds good PD ........ Going to be taking you up on that one. Looking forward to it too.

okas
03-13-2016, 11:56 PM
well with the limit now and size the inside works just fine for me .. look out the window not rough out i go .