PDA

View Full Version : what to do with old antlers, skulls etc

kitnayakwa77
02-14-2016, 09:15 PM
wondering what people do with antlers and horns from hunts past? Got some kicking around the house and without a shop to hang them in and not being huge racks looking for a way to get rid of them so my house doesn't look like a boneyard. Are there antler buyers that make the rounds or is there another way to get rid of these things without bringing them to the dump (seems a shame?)

Ddog
02-14-2016, 09:40 PM
theres a buyer here in cranbrook, i would look it up see if there is one near you, they have been buying by the pound so it could add up if you have lots.
i use them for knife handles and plaques for knives

Coachman
02-15-2016, 03:39 AM
If you have a dog. They LOVE them to chew on.

dakoda62
02-15-2016, 06:18 AM
Some people turn them on lathes for pen's or knife handle's

Seth
02-15-2016, 07:23 AM
Be careful selling them. I believe you are supposed to have paperwork to go along with them in the event of a sale.

.264winmag
02-15-2016, 08:02 AM
Be careful selling them. I believe you are supposed to have paperwork to go along with them in the event of a sale.
Sheep horns yes but not antlers

Ambush
02-15-2016, 08:06 AM
Antlers are the latest fad in dog chew toys and some people pay stupid prices.

Just be prepared to lie and say they are sheds to appease their misguided conscience.

Saw them off close to the skulls and put them on kijiji in the pet section.

Everybody wants to give their bone a good home in some lady's schnauzer.

Dannybuoy
02-15-2016, 08:28 AM
I sold (in Vernon) deer antlers and the buyer required proper paperwork . I got a signed form from the CO after he inspected the racks . I supplied either cancelled tags or statement saying that I had legally killed the deer and in what years .

M.Dean
02-15-2016, 08:48 AM
I had about 15 or 20 sets of horns given to me from a hunting buddy, and with the 15 or 20 I had of mine, it was quite a stack of horn! I simply took my time and slowly piled them one on top of the other in my reloading room, it looked real wild! Then my wife had her Craft Fair in the basement, and now there all over the place in the spare room? I think I have a few pic's I'll try to find of them stacked up. And your name "Kitnayakwa77", sounds quite unique, I've being trying to pronounce it for the last 10 minutes, and I don't think I'm doing it any justice?

northernbc
02-15-2016, 09:11 AM
there is a buyer that comes into fsj every spring, he told me that he comes up from the coast and stops in pg also.

bc traper
02-15-2016, 10:11 AM
I buy antler