PDA

View Full Version : Hunter number ?

Arctic Lake
02-13-2016, 01:29 PM
Hi all

I have a hunter number that was issued to me years ago and the card it was printed on, but recently someone told me that they were going to restructure the number/card for online LEH applications and also tie it in with a freshwater fishing license.

Does anyone know anything about this ?

Thanks
Arctic Lake

Steeleco
02-13-2016, 01:38 PM
LEH online is coming, blending them with fishing license is not something I've herd of or even makes the slightest bit of sense?

ACE
02-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Game Warden told our F&G Club that 'new' numbers are coming ......

albravo2
02-13-2016, 02:09 PM
I think it was in the last BCWF email. In April the new system will commence and you'll be able to convert your old hunter number to new on line or at a service BC outlet. You'll get an electronic hunter number that incorporates your existing hunter number. This year, LEH only, future years, tags and licenses.

IronNoggin
02-13-2016, 02:10 PM
The new Fish & Wildlife ID Number will be replacing the old BC Hunter Numbers.
The system is much the same as conducted in Alberta with their Wildlife Identification Number (WIN).

More information in this regard can be found on this page: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/transformation-faq-hunters.html

Changes are coming. Lets HOPE they get it right first time around...

Cheers,
Nog

last light
02-13-2016, 02:17 PM
What about our existing angler numbers? The q&a section doesn't mention anything about this either?

Weatherby Fan
02-13-2016, 02:46 PM
Yeh it will go online and............now if you have an outstanding parking ticket, speeding ticket or fines of any sort you won't be issued a hunting Licence, fishing license, LEH or tag of any sort ;-)

boxhitch
02-13-2016, 06:31 PM
Yeah WF its leading that way. Soon we will all have a bar code tattoo.

smoothbor
02-13-2016, 06:36 PM
I went to bc service office last Tuesday to buy a cougar tag and get another hunter number card. She sold me a tag and said she would t issue me a new card as new ones will be issued for the upcoming LEH. I was told by that particular person that the number will be the same as your old one but in Front of it will be a new 4 digit number.

smoothbor
02-13-2016, 06:41 PM
Sorry 3 not digit in Front of the old.

monasheemountainman
02-13-2016, 06:53 PM
I went to bc service office last Tuesday to buy a cougar tag and get another hunter number card. She sold me a tag and said she would t issue me a new card as new ones will be issued for the upcoming LEH. I was told by that particular person that the number will be the same as your old one but in Front of it will be a new 4 digit number.

How are you going to get your 2016 licence so you can get a spring bear tag without a hunter number card?

smoothbor
02-13-2016, 11:31 PM
I'm assuming in april you will have to apply for a new hunter number to get ur new license and Leh applications

Mulehahn
02-13-2016, 11:57 PM
I think it was in the last BCWF email. In April the new system will commence and you'll be able to convert your old hunter number to new on line or at a service BC outlet. You'll get an electronic hunter number that incorporates your existing hunter number. This year, LEH only, future years, tags and licenses.

Does that mean we are going to have to start buying actual tags for animals like in Alberta. I like our book system. I think it works well, and makes a great keepsake. Plus everything is together. I personally know guys who have misplaced their tags and that is it. Go home or sit in camp. Guess we will have to wait and see.

elknut
02-14-2016, 01:38 PM
The end of the world is coming....Oh no !!!!!....Take a valium ...

Arctic Lake
02-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Hi there !

Thanks to all of you with your quick responses to my question !
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
02-23-2016, 08:24 AM
As I have not applied for any LEH in years I would like to know when the synopsis / regs come out for it. Also will it all be online or will you still be able to pick up a printed version from say a hunting sporting goods store or would you get it a Service B.C. outlet ?
Thank You
Arctic Lake

604Stalker
02-23-2016, 08:32 AM
... I keep checking the site and they keep saying its comming. When? Are we going to have to deal with transfering this info waiting for a new number and applying for the leh in a week due to a late release all at the same time .. Dont get me wrong I never shop online don't even own a credit card but thought it was pretty sweet to buy a fiahing lisence online the other day but when will this be released vs leh to give people time to plan before applying