PDA

View Full Version : Hunting for Bears tommorow

o2fish2day
05-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I am looking for a bear hunting partner for tommorow.

I have been on a few hunting trips but have not gotten a big game animal yet. I called all my hunting partners and no one is availalbe for tommorow. I really want to go out and get a bear . I was going to leave town at 11:00 am and be back in Coquitlam by approximatly 8:00 pm

I have a Suzuki Samurai that has a lift so we can get into many places. I am now thinking Boston Bar but am open to suggestions.Since we don't know each other I will be up front about my expectiations.

You have to abide be all hunting laws and regulations...no shortcuts. That includes all firearm transportation laws etc.
I would want to see your FAC before we leave.
When walking in the bush no one is allowed to chamber a round until the sights are on the animal. This prevents the falling and shooting your partner issue.
If we hunt together then we split everything we shoot unless we get two bears in which case you get what you shot.
We spit the gasI will tell you that I have not skinned a bear before but have printed documentation on how to do it so don't expect to learn a lot from me. I am a newbie

Let me know if you are interested. Send me a private message with your phone #

Greenhead
05-26-2007, 06:18 PM
What , no replies to this thread?! You had me on board till "spit the gas"! I hate the taste of that stuff:-D

o2fish2day
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Ok you don't have to snort, sniff or drink gas. (that was probably going a bit far)

mntman
05-26-2007, 06:27 PM
but it is popular on hastings street in van if you are heading to bbar go to the area I pm'd you

o2fish2day
05-26-2007, 07:16 PM
No takers???

Beer
05-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Are we allowed to drink the whole way?

o2fish2day
05-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Sure just no booze:)

Gamebuster
05-26-2007, 07:55 PM
too many rules...

o2fish2day
05-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Come on guys... by rules you mean the laws and regulations?

I had a feeling the "rules" turned some people off but I like to be safe when I hunt.

The main reason I am not going alone is my wife (and two kids) really don't want me to so it wouldn't make much sense to get all liquored up and hit the trails with a live round in the chamber now would it.. I would probably be safer on my own....

Oh well. For those of you that PM'd me thanks. Until next time.

Alpine85
05-26-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm sure you will find a partner here, if not jump over to huntshoot and i'm sure BCHunter would be willing to go with yah...

lapadat
05-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Would you like a urine sample before we leave as well?

For someone who doesn't know how to harvest a black bear you sure have a lot of rules and expectations.

You might want to consult Scott's thread for better wording.

Gateholio
05-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah dude...Too many rules. :)

You want to inspect his paperwork?

Transport laws? (The only one that applies here is the rifle needs to be unloaded, and that's just common sense)

No offense, but you make it sound like you are going on a miltary march rather than a fun bear hunt...

bruin
05-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Don't let them bother you dude, I wouldn't want to go crawling around the bush with some guy I didn't know after a bear with a round in the chamber either.