PDA

View Full Version : who wants to help a newbie out for bear?

scott
05-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Only 2 more weekends left and I haven't even tryed to get out yet.

anyone interested in taking a newbie out? Willing to drive a couple hours from the lower mainland to meet up.

I spent a weekend with the mighty Gatehouse last spring but we didn't get any shots off. So I'm still an aminal virgin.

I've never skined / guted an animal or seen it done so I'm looking for a teacher :mrgreen:. And also help dealing with the meat and fur afterwards (like finding a decent butcher and taner).

I'd accept just going along and watching if you wanted to get your own and didn't have time to look for 2. Atleast I'd learn some stuff :-D. Although trying to get my own would be best :mrgreen:.

I'm not a newbie to the outdoors. been hiking / camping / packpacking most of my life (now 26).

I've got a 30-06 sighted in with 180 gr accubonds that wants out :mrgreen:

You can email me at smac999@hotmail.com

I'm also "Scott" on CGN

Thanks

o2fish2day
05-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Blind leading the Blind, check your e-mail.

hunter1947
05-26-2007, 05:50 PM
I would help you out ,but i live over on the island. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

mikek blacktail
05-26-2007, 07:03 PM
come over to the island lots of bears here.

Gnarly
05-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Ok, I'll bite
Im busy monday but I'll be available for tues, wed, thurs and have to be back in the lower mainland on Friday. If you bring a good attitude I'll do my best to help you with the rest. PM me if youre serious
Dave

Alpine85
05-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Nice ass8):-D

it's that sweet muffin ass of his...:wink:

You went Bear hunting with Gatehouse but your still a virgin?????:mrgreen:

Gateholio
05-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey Guys

Scott is a good guy, last year we saw a number of smaller bears, lost a couple of opportunities on bigger bears (once when some other hunters came down a trail above the area the bear was in, when Scott was lining up on the bear)

I'd take him out again, but I am just swamped right now between some extra work, a buddies wedding, impromptu butchering of a coupel of unwanted steers........I probably will be telling a buddy from Comox that was scheduled to hunt wiht me to change his plans, too...

Actually, any of you guys from the Island that want to take out a new guy please Pm me. A good buddy of mine who just took up hunting (never gone yet) could use a hand...

Anyway, someone ake Scott out. He won't annoy you. 8)

Marc
05-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey Gatehouse, who's the guy from the Island you're talking about. I might be able to squeeze a day or two before the season ends if he lives south of Nanaimo.

3kills
05-26-2007, 10:49 PM
hey scott i would take u out if i could find some time to take myself out...i dont wanna commit to somethign i cant up keep right now....but in the fall i will for sure set a weekend a side for ya if u wanna look for deer...

scott
05-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the words gate.

I've gotten a few PM's by people. Unfortunately a few were mid week offers. I guess the frist line wasn't clear enough but weekends are best for me. (work mon-fri). If nothing comes up on the weekends I could possible try for a couple days off.

I've replied to the PM's I've goten so far, Thanks guys.