PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Area for Bears

o2fish2day
05-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Anyone know what the road is like at Harrison and whether it's worth while looking for bears there?

Also anyone know what it's like at the top of the coquihalla as far a snow goes?

pupper
05-25-2007, 06:15 PM
if you go to harrison, take the west side of the lake and go way down.

you will have to find some spur road and go for a hike since there is alot of traffic there.

Also go during the week. on saturday you will be clawing your way around dirt bikes, quads, and 4x4 teams.

bsa30-06
05-25-2007, 07:12 PM
if you go to harrison, take the west side of the lake and go way down.

you will have to find some spur road and go for a hike since there is alot of traffic there.

Also go during the week. on saturday you will be clawing your way around dirt bikes, quads, and 4x4 teams.

What he said and absolutely never go in there on a long weekend.

BCLongshot
05-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Oh you guys. I went for the day with my son, east side and far in. Saw 4 bears in the trees and 1 across a cut plus a handful of deer.

The party people don't go to far back and they're interesting to watch as U drive by.

You just have 2 get away from the non-hunters which means back in the bush.

The bears were too small we want big 1's for rugs.

bsa30-06
05-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Oh you guys. I went for the day with my son, east side and far in. Saw 4 bears in the trees and 1 across a cut plus a handful of deer.

The party people don't go to far back and they're interesting to watch as U drive by.

You just have 2 get away from the non-hunters which means back in the bush.

The bears were too small we want big 1's for rugs.

Dale, stay out of my secret hunting spot.!!!!!!!!I will agree with you though the further back you go the better off you'll be.

browningboy
05-25-2007, 08:18 PM
You can take Harrison east to the nahatlatch, but inbetween the "big bridge and Kookipee" theres a alot of bears, they crap all over the road etc. but very good country for bear. :mrgreen:

mntman
05-25-2007, 08:21 PM
You can take Harrison east to the nahatlatch, but inbetween the "big bridge and Kookipee" theres a alot of bears, they crap all over the road etc. but very good country for bear. :mrgreen:

nope never seen a bear there don't go there nothing to see, bridge and road gone bad spot

browningboy
05-25-2007, 08:28 PM
nope never seen a bear there don't go there nothing to see, bridge and road gone bad spot

I guess it must be MNTMAN crapping all over the road!:-D

mntman
05-25-2007, 08:33 PM
I guess it must be MNTMAN crapping all over the road!:-D

caught again, there are good bears in the coke on coldwater, last report there was good access on most areas

browningboy
05-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Ya go to delta, lots of bears there too????

bsa30-06
05-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Ya go to delta, lots of bears there too????

No go to Burnaby apparently we have 3 or 4 running around the city.:mrgreen: Just kidding leave my pet bears alone.

lip_ripper00
05-25-2007, 09:07 PM
No go to Burnaby apparently we have 3 or 4 running around the city.:mrgreen: Just kidding leave my pet bears alone.

Ya Barnett Beach at first light:wink:

ruger#1
05-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Take a boat to the north end of stave lake if your looking for bears and no idiots.

Elkhound
05-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Dale, stay out of my secret hunting spot.!!!!!!!!I will agree with you though the further back you go the better off you'll be.

Not so secret....Dale sold me a map labeled "Lloyd's secret bear spot" for $5.00..........

Ps Dale I want my money back. I went right to where the big black "X" is on the map and there was no bear:evil:

BCLongshot
05-26-2007, 01:36 PM
hahaha

Ya 4 sure he's a sucker.

I want to go with you (Elkhound) and Symon. You 2 know the good spots.

Bushman
05-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Take a boat to the north end of stave lake if your looking for bears and no idiots.

Lots of blacks bears—and a few grizzly, too—in the upper Stave River country.
Also good numbers of blacks bears and growing numbers of grizzly in the upper Pitt River country.

If you are hunting these areas, be sure to go fully prepared for any emergency that may arise as there are "no public services" available.

Bushman

rollingrock
05-26-2007, 02:37 PM
I was eyeing on a canoe at Coast Mountain the other day. 900 bucks. fiber glass with kevlar enhancement, 80 lbs. nice boat. with that boat, I guess I can go around quite well? Upper Stave or Pitt looks pretty good from my topo map. Hope I can hunt these areas some day.

bsa30-06
05-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Not so secret....Dale sold me a map labeled "Lloyd's secret bear spot" for $5.00..........

Ps Dale I want my money back. I went right to where the big black "X" is on the map and there was no bear:evil:

Dave , you were at the wrong cliff, its the one on the other side of the road.!!!!:mrgreen: You guys should have learned along time ago i got no secret spots, if it weren't for gocery stores i would starve to death, but atleast i get out an pretend to be a hunter.

ruger#1
05-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Bill if you take a canoe up stave, best is early morn and late evening. lots of high winds inbetween them hours. what you could do is see if catherwood is still running the barge and get a bunch of guys to go on a trip. We used to take the 22 ft cabin cruiser up there.

David Heitsman
05-26-2007, 07:25 PM
I have run my boat to the end of Harrison quite a bit and have seen bears on the slides well north on the lake and on the eastern side.

As to the Stave, is it readily navigable? I have heard there is a lot of wood just under the surface. I have a 21' inboard that draws around 2 feet.

Thx

rollingrock
05-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Mark, that boat thing is still in my dream! :D But I guess dream does come true sometimes if you dream really hard.