PDA

View Full Version : Which GoPro to Buy????!!!!!

Backwoods
02-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Hey guy/gals, looking into getting a go pro for solo filming my hunts/ adventures, does anyone have experiance using them? And what model would you choose? Thanx
-Backwoods

604redneck
02-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Whatever you buy get extra batteries. I have a 3+ black and love it

Ubertuber
02-04-2016, 01:26 PM
I have a 3 Black as well. The remote control is a great feature. Get the free app for your iPhone/pod/pad as well.
Like 604 said, buy extra batteries. I bought 3 Wasabi batteries with charger on ebay, they hold a charge and last longer than the stock GoPro battery.

Backwoods
02-04-2016, 04:56 PM
I have a 3 Black as well. The remote control is a great feature. Get the free app for your iPhone/pod/pad as well.
Like 604 said, buy extra batteries. I bought 3 Wasabi batteries with charger on ebay, they hold a charge and last longer than the stock GoPro battery.
Awesome! Thanx for the replies

blackford
03-27-2016, 07:28 PM
thinking about buying the session... it dosent have a replaceable battery but its small and apparently very efficient...

Beachcomber
03-27-2016, 08:24 PM
If you have an iPhone worth looking at Hitcase before committing to GoPro. They make a snap on waterproof case that provides both still and film capabilities for your phone. Less hassle than carrying around an extra device and quality is very good. Also about a 1/4 of the price. www.hitcase.com

ElectricDyck
03-27-2016, 09:10 PM
Also don't overlook the sony action cam..good quality for less cost..extra batterys and mounts can be had on amazon for cheap...

300H&H
03-28-2016, 07:26 PM
I have a Sony As100 with the remote for skydiving. Nice camera.

kodimack
03-28-2016, 07:41 PM
Check out the Sj4000 series wifi cams . very much like the go pro but much cheaper

ljalberta
03-29-2016, 04:36 PM
I've been using them for years (all models except for the Session), and I have to say the Hero 4 Silver with the built in screen would be my choice if you can handle the price tag. The Session are intriguing as well for a cheaper option, but I have no experience with the quality personally.

caddisguy
03-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Check out the Sj4000 series wifi cams . very much like the go pro but much cheaper

x2 ... we ordered a couple sj4000's from DX... they are like $75 each and designed to take all the gopro attachments.

Red_Mist
03-29-2016, 05:25 PM
I have a hero 4. Good advice on the extra batteries. I find it picks up a lot of noise, pretty sure there's an accessory to dampen it.

glennw89
03-29-2016, 06:39 PM
The problem with the Go Pro (with the fish eye lens that usually comes standard) is that unless the action is within 20 meters of you it will appear very small. In my opinion, the Go Pro must be combined with another camera with much greater "reach" if you want to put together a quality segment on your hunting adventures.

ACB
03-30-2016, 10:38 AM
I went for the SONY HDR-AS15 with WI/FI, at the time it came with the waterproof case and I bought the headband attachment so for my purpose it has worked out really well. At the time when I was looking to buy I looked at the Go PRO, ION and SONY and I felt for my purpose with a headband would work out better because the Sony is mounted on the side of the head. I use mine to film my bird hunts and just mount the camera on the opposite side that I mount my gun on. But you'v got to be careful the sony has a really good mic and has no problem picking up the swearing when you miss. I thought about barrel mounting the ION but the trouble with that is when you are hunting upland you would have to have your gun pointing at your dog all the time and not pointed in the air in a safe manor.

Sasquatch
03-30-2016, 10:42 PM
I went for the Sony also. Better sound, splash proof on its own and comes with a waterproof case. Did the research and it seemed like a better buy. Yes, extra batteries and micro cards are a must.