nice boat!

Will
05-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Cant wait to get some blood on the bow:-D
You're supposed to drive around the Jet skiers..............:rolleyes:

Nice Boat ! :mrgreen:

Dirty
05-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Kechika, what rivers do you plan on hunting with it?

Fisher-Dude
05-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Can I break a bottle of wine on the bow when we launch it on the Muskwa? :-D

Dirty
05-25-2007, 07:06 PM
If you are running up north make sure your insurance covers up there. Accidents can happen quick and add up quick.

BCLongshot
05-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Wow !

That is nice !

Hilgy
05-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Kechika,

Would that boat be suitable to run the northern rivers?? I'm starting to do research and learn a bit about jet boats before I start to seriously shop around.

Could you carry 3 guys with gear and still have room for an animal??

It looks like a great boat with out having to spend 45k for a newbie like myself.

Any more details about the boat would be great.

Now there is another guy I have to be jealous of.

Congrats on the new toy

Hilgy

Kechika
05-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Hilgy, I belive it is more than suitable for northren rivers,but..you aint going to be packing 3 guys and a ton of gear.Being a sheep hunter I picked the boat accordingly.Small,light,quick and good on gas.Me a partner,200 pounders of gear fuel and 2 40"sheep is about the maximum I'll be packin.I've been looking at boats on and off for 10 years before I made my decision.

Oh yeah its a 17' Thunder Jet Powerbolt with a 115/80 Yamaha factory jet.

abbyfireguy
05-26-2007, 10:55 AM
You will me very happy with the new sled...
Hope you have many happy and safe trips...

Rock Doctor
05-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Nice rig, Similar to my last one, same motor/jet combo.
I ran mine for about 7yrs on the Muskwa, Tuchodi, Gato, ect. They work just fine. Actually you should be able to haul close to a ton in it without too much trouble, more than once I had 3 guys, gear, and a couple moose on board. Just have to ease it in to the shallows, untill the water forces the boat up on step, might clip a rock or two coming up, but it will come up:wink:(NOTE, I can't tell from the pic, but it does not look like you have a tunnel hull, so you might want to be very carefull if you have to force it up on step in the shallows)

I would not try to tell someone how to run there own boat, but here are a few things I learned about running mine:
-Don't use reverse to back off shore with a short boat. The reverse gate blows the water right under your jet intake, stirs up the rocks and they get sucked right in.
-I switched mine from a 3 blade impellor to a 4 blade stainless, and it made a world of difference. I also always carried a spare imp and shoe with me.
- I always carried a heave bladed flat screwdriver and a long handled set of plyers to help get rocks out of the intake grate. (they can really get jammed in there)
- Carry a couple spare bolts for your intake shoe (trust me on this one:wink:)
- Carry a good file and a stick of chalk for touching up your impellor (this can be the difference between a good trip, and a nightmare)
- Learn how to bypass your neutral safety switch in your throttle assembly. (some day, miles from nowhere, it will f@#k up on you:))

Sorry, this is starting to sound like a sermon, and that was not my intent.
The boat looks great, and you can't go wrong with the Yamaha, I had nothing but good luck with mine.
Enjoy your new toy.

Kechika
05-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Had it in 3" or less today..Tick tick tick just kept going.

hunter1947
05-26-2007, 05:55 PM
You can't get them any better ,nice looking boat and motor.

Rubicon500
05-26-2007, 05:59 PM
3'' or less LOL that musta impressed the old lady :mrgreen: