PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone hunted the Kamloops Lake ewe's?

nicktrehearne
01-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Just curious if anyone has got the Kamloops Lake bighorn ewe draw, and if so, did you fill the tag and how many days of hunting did it take? From all the sheep I've seen down there, I thought it would be a relatively easy hunt (as far as most sheep hunts go).

Thanks!

tyreguy
01-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Had it last year, took an hour. 1 shot at 200yds.
The meat was strong and I wouldn't put in again for a ewe draw, (ram yes)
Northern sheep that live in the high basins eating green grass are probably better eating than the sheep that are eating sage brush - she smelled like marinated sage brush and urine so I made chorizo and pepperoni out of it.

BiG Boar
01-30-2016, 08:29 PM
Had some meat from a ewe there a couple years ago. Let's just say it taste ew. Just kidding. The taste was okay, but that was one tough eating b tch. Not worth shooting in my opinion.

and please don't call it a hunt. Unless you're blind and deaf, it's a 2 hour deal. It sure as heck isn't a sheep hunt.

bighornbob
01-30-2016, 08:46 PM
it's a 2 hour deal.

That is unless you shoot it on private property with people there taking pictures of the sheep because its basically in town. Then its way over two hours by the time the CO's show up and charge you and take your sheep. Happened last fall.

BHB

nicktrehearne
01-31-2016, 03:56 PM
Had it last year, took an hour. 1 shot at 200yds.
The meat was strong and I wouldn't put in again for a ewe draw, (ram yes)
Northern sheep that live in the high basins eating green grass are probably better eating than the sheep that are eating sage brush - she smelled like marinated sage brush and urine so I made chorizo and pepperoni out of it.

Good to know - thanks!