PDA

View Full Version : Good to see

Gone_Fishin_
01-29-2016, 12:28 PM
http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/poacher+patrol+search+metro+vancouver+urban+hunter s/11683597/story.html?__lsa=4721-b406

Sitkaspruce
01-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Killing Fields......Great way to start the article......

And the one comment "only good hunter is a dead hunter".......society as a whole is really, truly f*cked.....

Cheers

SS

Marsh Hawk
01-30-2016, 12:01 AM
GF the last thing I would say about this article is "good to see" Larry Pynn has come up with another sensationalist headline that sells papers but only give SOME of the facts. Yes late shooting is a bit of a problem, no denying that. But the "killing fields" in the "dimly it farm fields" ??? really? He doesn't mention that the birds move significantly later now thanks to all of the light pollution from the port, greenhouses, and the city itself. And I always thought that farm fields should be dimly lit. Next they'll be wanting the farmers to put up lights in their fields. It is sensational articles like this that makes hunters look bad and only really give part of the story. Notice how there was no comment from our club, the BCWF or Deltas Hunting Regulation Advisory Committee. I guess whatever it takes to sell newspapers

bandit
01-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Killing Fields......Great way to start the article......

And the one comment "only good hunter is a dead hunter".......society as a whole is really, truly f*cked.....

Cheers

SS

I reported that comment to Facebook. Apparently it doesn't contravene their standards. Imagine if someone said the only good (insert minority group) is a dead one... RCMP, media, human rights would be all over it in seconds.

Also reported it to the Vancouver Sun - they said they would take it down but it's still up there.

boxhitch
01-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Killing fields
I wouldn't expect anything better from a Pynn head.

Malley Whacker
01-31-2016, 10:29 PM
Poacher patrol what kind of line is that they only checked hunters no poachers where checked this particular evening that was a crappy story Larry Pynn how about next time you do a little more research then a one evening ride alone with the co service.

Gone_Fishin_
02-01-2016, 09:01 AM
GF the last thing I would say about this article is "good to see" Larry Pynn has come up with another sensationalist headline that sells papers but only give SOME of the facts. Yes late shooting is a bit of a problem, no denying that. But the "killing fields" in the "dimly it farm fields" ??? really? He doesn't mention that the birds move significantly later now thanks to all of the light pollution from the port, greenhouses, and the city itself. And I always thought that farm fields should be dimly lit. Next they'll be wanting the farmers to put up lights in their fields. It is sensational articles like this that makes hunters look bad and only really give part of the story. Notice how there was no comment from our club, the BCWF or Deltas Hunting Regulation Advisory Committee. I guess whatever it takes to sell newspapers

Didnt mean for it to seem like it is "good to see" the junk they came up with in their article as at the time i didnt read it. It was a quick copy and paste when i seen "Conservations officers crack down on after legal shooting in the Detla marsh" it was a link i clicked on and quickly copy & pasted it to the forum.

now that i watched and read the article, wow... what a f*** idiot