PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney Lake Area

OCB.C.
01-28-2016, 10:40 PM
Anyone familiar with the area surrounding Sweeney lake? I've heard there is a forestry cabin near the lake.. Im going there next month and was hoping to use the cabin, can anyone confirm the cabin exsits? Thanks!

Hayshed
01-29-2016, 05:56 PM
There is a cabin about 5-6 miles from the lake up sibola mtn, it's used by snowmobilers in the winter. The road is not plowed, don't know if that is your intention?

decker9
01-30-2016, 08:29 AM
It's been years since I been to the Sweeney side, but there was a couple cabins right by the main road just passed Sweeney lake on one of the exploration trails heading up Sweeney. 15 years ago they were pretty rat infested, but would still keep a guy dry. These days they may be sceptical.

At 101 km is where most of the sledders go up, there is a nice snowmobiler cabin up that way, Rhine ridge side.

As hayshed mentioned, the road turning at, 113 km? Going to Sweeney, probably won't be plowed.

Hayshed
01-30-2016, 09:02 AM
It's been years since I been to the Sweeney side, but there was a couple cabins right by the main road just passed Sweeney lake on one of the exploration trails heading up Sweeney. 15 years ago they were pretty rat infested, but would still keep a guy dry. These days they may be sceptical.

At 101 km is where most of the sledders go up, there is a nice snowmobiler cabin up that way, Rhine ridge side.

As hayshed mentioned, the road turning at, 113 km? Going to Sweeney, probably won't be plowed.

Yup your right decker9 it is Rhine ridge, where the snowmobile cabin is. Been years for me too! The last time I was there my wife and I spent 12 days up there horse packing around the mountains. We passed the cabin on the Rhine ridge side.

OCB.C.
02-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Great guys, much appreciated. Me and a friend are sledding in for a few days... He got word of a cabin but I thought I would test the waters in the forum. Thanks again!!

decker9
02-05-2016, 08:17 AM
He would definitely be referring to Rhine ridge if your out for a sledding trip. Use to spend a lot of time up in there in the winter. There's a good trail leaving from the pullout at 101km. Have a blast!! Play safe.